36ers 2016/17

36ers 2016/17

Postby norwood8 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:02 pm

After a disappointing end to the 2015/16 season the club really needs to get on the front foot and look to be positive with its recruiting.
The answers are pretty obvious, fixing them will be the issue.

Keep Randle and get another import that plays a 4/5. This is going to be the hardest, generally you need a lot of luck in the import department.

Use the money from Adam Gibson leaving to get a proven Australian point/shooting guard.

Oh and wouldn't Brad Newley be a dream :lol:
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: 36ers 2016/17

Postby beef » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:16 pm

norwood8 wrote:After a disappointing end to the 2015/16 season the club really needs to get on the front foot and look to be positive with its recruiting.

Keep Randle and get another import that plays a 4/5. This is going to be the hardest, generally you need a lot of luck in the import department.

Use the money from Adam Gibson leaving to get a proven Australian point/shooting guard.

You wont be able to up grade, Gibson is still one of the better aussies which is sad. Youre not going to get a goulding or webster type. Better off having a import back court IMHO. Johnson should be the best centre in the league but lacks ticker. Time to move on Mitch Creek and Petrie, creek in particular as he seems to not be getting any better, could grab anyone from the seabl to give you 8 points a game.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Ingles maybe with his wife pregnant
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:Ingles maybe with his wife pregnant

gee wouldn't that be nice
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby king neptune » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Joe Ingles still has one year on his Jazz contract. Not happening, unless they cut him.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby norwood8 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Ingles maybe with his wife pregnant

gee wouldn't that be nice

Stay away from my man 'Slow Mo Joe' haha.

In all seriousness can't see him moving away from his $2.15 million US contract to come home, more chance of her moving over there.
norwood8
Under 18s

Postby norwood8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Ball is in our court atm apparently, hopefully we can muster up the cash.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/ ... afc07f2b04

THE Adelaide 36ers board will meet Friday morning, hours before the club’s best NBL import of the century, Jerome Randle, flies out for Lithuania.

High on the Sixers’ agenda will be Randle’s contract requests which would see him back in 36ers’ colours for the 2016-17 NBL season.

The early finish to the current NBL season has given Randle the chance to join prominent Lithuanian Euroleague club Zalgiris Kaunas for the remainder of its season.

“I have been blessed to have an opportunity to play Euroleague in Lithuania which has always been something I wanted to do,” he explained on Facebook.

“The NBL and the Adelaide 36ers play a big part in this because they allowed me to play my game, especially my coach Joey Wright.

“Much respect to him and my big time assistant coach Kevin Brooks and all they stand for as coaches.

“Love you Adelaide.”

Randle’s management has put an offer to the 36ers which the club board only needs to sign off.

“We have a meeting in the morning and retaining Jerome is a priority,” 36ers general manager Guy Hedderwick said.

“We get that done and Joey (Wright) can set about organising the rest of his team.”

Like all of the 36ers’ fanbase, Hedderwick is anxious to get the Randle deal done before he departs in the afternoon.

At Zalgiris, he will line up beside another former 36er in Brock Motum, who was a big part of Adelaide’s 2014-15 campaign.

Prominent Adelaide dual-Olympian Brad Newley also has played at the club.

“I know I have addressed this before but I really want to acknowledge the fans who supported me throughout my time playing here in Adelaide,” Randle wrote.

“You guys have made my wife and my time here outstanding.

“You guys are the best fans and I am honored to say I have played for the Adelaide 36ers.”

Randle finished third in league MVP voting, won the Australia Post online fan poll for the award and was in the All Star Five.

He joins Andrew Gaze as only the second player in NBL history to lead the league in scoring and also be top-two in assists.
norwood8
Under 18s

Postby the big bang » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:47 pm

beef wrote:
norwood8 wrote:After a disappointing end to the 2015/16 season the club really needs to get on the front foot and look to be positive with its recruiting.

You wont be able to up grade, Gibson is still one of the better aussies which is sad. Youre not going to get a goulding or webster type. Better off having a import back court IMHO. Johnson should be the best centre in the league but lacks ticker. Time to move on Mitch Creek and Petrie, creek in particular as he seems to not be getting any better, could grab anyone from the seabl to give you 8 points a game.

My god this infuriates me. I'm barely 6ft and very overweight, and I rekon I could out-rebound DJ 50% of the time, and play decent post defence on him too.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby norwood8 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:45 pm

It's official the 'main man' Jerome Randle is coming back for the 2016/17 season, get excited Sixers fans.

He has signed a one year contract, with the club expected to announce details tomorrow.
norwood8
Under 18s

Postby valleys07 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

norwood8 wrote:It's official the 'main man' Jerome Randle is coming back for the 2016/17 season, get excited Sixers fans.

He has signed a one year contract, with the club expected to announce details tomorrow.

How good!!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby norwood8 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:33 pm

valleys07 wrote:
norwood8 wrote:It's official the 'main man' Jerome Randle is coming back for the 2016/17 season, get excited Sixers fans.

How good!!

Makes it much easier for Joey and his team to start looking at next seasons lineup.

Exciting news for the South Australian sports community.
norwood8
Under 18s

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball