NBA

Re: NBA

Postby heater31 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 am

mighty hounds wrote:
superlative steve wrote:
Freo HeaveHo wrote:The go home factor would have to be there but Lebron wants instant success. The cavs were a rabble with Irving not happy and apparant feud between him and Dion Waiters. Wiggins will obviously take time to adapt and that other dud #1 pick ..... Jesus !!!! Could think of more enticing destinations than Cleveland.

Irving just signed a max extension...obviously they had a disappointing season last year but they are a talented team. If Lebron goes back there are reports of a trade headlined by Wiggins for K. Love. They have other assets too (Waiters, Bennett, Thompson) so Cleveland is a pretty enticing team for Lebron.

LBJ back to Cleveland!

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Here he explains why
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 am

The LeBron to Cleveland talk started so long ago and was so persistent I'm not susprised at all he's gone back. But now he heads back a proven winner. I'm not sure he's a better player or not, but he's certainly calmer and more assured of himself with those championships. Who knows whether this turns Cleveland into a championship team but with Irving there they've got more long term upside than Miami plus with some assets they can look at landing a prime big man to complete the puzzle. Or hope Bennett turns into something more than what it seems for now.

Melo I hope stays in New York. They've been rubbish for far too long and this is the chance to start anew.

Houston were looking to be serious players here. With Harden and Howard there they could have used so many different players to complement them but looking more and more likely that they might end up empty handed. They should still be up near the pointy end of the West, but Anthony, Bosh or any of a dozen free agents would have really improved them.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:26 am

Grahaml wrote:The LeBron to Cleveland talk started so long ago and was so persistent I'm not susprised at all he's gone back. But now he heads back a proven winner. I'm not sure he's a better player or not, but he's certainly calmer and more assured of himself with those championships. Who knows whether this turns Cleveland into a championship team but with Irving there they've got more long term upside than Miami plus with some assets they can look at landing a prime big man to complete the puzzle. Or hope Bennett turns into something more than what it seems for now.

Melo I hope stays in New York. They've been rubbish for far too long and this is the chance to start anew.

Houston were looking to be serious players here. With Harden and Howard there they could have used so many different players to complement them but looking more and more likely that they might end up empty handed. They should still be up near the pointy end of the West, but Anthony, Bosh or any of a dozen free agents would have really improved them.

Melo has reportedly said no to joining the lakers. Only two teams reamin in the hunt for him imo. The knickers and the Bulls. Bosh has re-signed with Miami for 117 million and reports have surfaced that the Bulls have inquired about Wade, not sure how i feel about that, he's struggling a bit now.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:30 pm

I have to admit I was wrong on LeBron to the Cavs. I thought it was all shenanigans to try and force Riley into upgrading the Heat's roster.

I've got more respect for him now that he's willing to go back home to a crap team to try and build them up to a contender.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 am

Melo staying at the Knicks
Pau off to Chicago by the sounds of it.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Grahaml » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:Melo staying at the Knicks

Gasol tweeted it himself. Deng to Miami. Andersen sticking with Miami too.

Miami will obviously suffer without James, but Deng is about as good a replacement as you can hope for. To me this keeps them in the battle for home court in the first round.

Chicago have an excellent chance here with Gasol. He is a superb player who was used poorly by LA most of the time. Not sure what's going on with Boozer but I presume he's either gone or will be. Rose returning puts Chicago in the battle for #1.

All the talk last year about how weak the East was, Now we have Cleveland, Miami, Indiana and Chicago looking strong with Washington and New York figuring to join them while most of the West seems to be standing pat. Seems to be now we're looking at Kevin Love and where he ends up.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:00 am

Absolutely pumped with what the lakers have done this off season.............................................................................................................................
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:16 am

Grahaml wrote:

Miami will obviously suffer without James, but Deng is about as good a replacement as you can hope for. To me this keeps them in the battle for home court in the first round.

Chicago have an excellent chance here with Gasol. He is a superb player who was used poorly by LA most of the time. Not sure what's going on with Boozer but I presume he's either gone or will be. Rose returning puts Chicago in the battle for #1.

All the talk last year about how weak the East was, Now we have Cleveland, Miami, Indiana and Chicago looking strong with Washington and New York figuring to join them while most of the West seems to be standing pat. Seems to be now we're looking at Kevin Love and where he ends up.

IMO i think teams should wait out on Love just in case he does what Dwight Howard done going somewhere with one year left on his deal.

We would have the best one of the best front courts in the league now Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mitroics. Can't wait to see how Noah and Gasol work together.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Pup » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Grahaml wrote:

Deng will definitely keep them competitive and should be a good partner for Bosh and Wade.

Boozer has reportedly told he his going to be amnestied or sign and trade but that ship has seemingly sailed. The depth the Bulls have now is great especially when Rose is back healthy. Mirotic, Gibson, Noah and Pau is pretty impressive.

Kirk has been given another deal while the much improved DJ Augustine has been signed by the Pistons.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pup » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Johno6 wrote:Absolutely pumped with what the lakers have done this off season.............................................................................................................................

Mate they brought back the funniest player in the NBA in Swaggy so thats a positive!!
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 am

As much as I hate the Lakers everyone loves Swaggy P , what a legend !!!!!

Now that the tears have stopped with Lebrons departure, and I've had a chance to have a look at the roster. I think they can really still be a big contender in the east. I'd expect Bosh to really pick up his numbers with a lot more opportunities in offence. Deng should take some pressure off bosh and wade. Where the finish will depend on how wades body holds up and how they use him in terms of minutes and keeping him healthy.
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:13 am

James Ennis officially signed today, be great to see how he goes after seeing him do some amazing things out here in the last twelve months. Been going well in the summer league so far
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:As much as I hate the Lakers everyone loves Swaggy P , what a legend !!!!!

Now that the tears have stopped with Lebrons departure, and I've had a chance to have a look at the roster. I think they can really still be a big contender in the east. I'd expect Bosh to really pick up his numbers with a lot more opportunities in offence. Deng should take some pressure off bosh and wade. Where the finish will depend on how wades body holds up and how they use him in terms of minutes and keeping him healthy.

I think the new dynamic at Miami will be Bosh as their #1 man. I just don't think Wade is healthy enough anymore and between Deng and Bosh, Bosh is the more accomplished IMHO. I think they've done well to save the furniture here and keep themselves at the right end of the comp.

LA looks stinky at the moment. Swaggy is entertaining but a pretty ordinary player. Probably suits Kobe though, now he can send up as many shots as he likes and nobody will question it. After all, what else can he do? Still think LA made a mistake not trading Kobe 2 years ago and building around Gasol with picks.

Boozer and Love floating around gives a big chance to sides to really improve. Not often you get two very good bigs available at this point in the window.

mighty hounds wrote:
IMO i think teams should wait out on Love just in case he does what Dwight Howard done going somewhere with one year left on his deal.

We would have the best one of the best front courts in the league now Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mitroics. Can't wait to see how Noah and Gasol work together.

The thing with Howard was he always said that's what he was going to do. LA fans have been trying to rewrite history by saying he screwed them over but they backed themselves to change his mind during the year. They gambled and lost. I presume that Love can agree to a new deal if both parties are happy to do so.

I think Gasol and Noah will work nicely. In fact it seems like a really good mix. Noah doesn't need a lot of the ball on offense, he's made a career of making do with no plays run for him. Gasol should get more ball from Rose than he got from Kobe and it might just be the catalyst for Rose to get the balance right between scoring and passing. Plus with Gasol's skill set compared to Boozer, he's far more capable of playing a really effective 2 man game with Rose. Should be fun.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

An Australian sports reporter has endured one of the most embarrassing moments of his life after failing to recognise NBA champions Patty Mills and Aron Baynes.

Julian de Stoop was in the middle of a live cross in Melbourne, reporting on AFL issues, when the San Antonio Spurs videobombed him with the coveted Larry O’Brien trophy.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8875575
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby saintal » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Expect to see a lot of Cavs singlets and caps around town now, pulled out after a few years of hibernation.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 pm

saintal wrote:Expect to see a lot of Cavs singlets and caps around town now, pulled out after a few years of hibernation.

Will they be the right number though?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

In SL action today Aussie Chris Goulding scored all of his 12 points in the 4th quarter for the Mavs as Dallas came back from 13 down against Charlotte but Roberto Nelson hit a 3 on the buzzer to win the game for the Hornets 82-81.

Goulding had 12 points, 4 boards, 2 steals and was 4/6 on 3pts.

Gozu
Coach

Postby Pup » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Bulls into the summer league quarters on the back of performances of Tony Snell and Aussie Cameron Bairstow (18/8)
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Grahaml » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Boozer off to the Lakers.

Seems likely Kevin Love's situation might drag on for a while. Minnesota want something for him but won't ship him off for too little while those that want to sign him (Cavs and Warriors keenest apparently) aren't willing to give up much. This could well sit at a stalemate for a while unless someone takes a punt and gives something meaningful.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Pup » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am

Bulls almost certain to sign Aaron Brooks and continue to build one of the deepest squads in the league.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball