South Australian Rugby Union

South Australian Rugby Union

Postby whufc » Mon May 27, 2019 5:47 pm

Anyone here play or follow the local union league.

Been an interesting season so far with the change in format.

What is everyone tips, gossip, news!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: South Australian Rugby Union

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Used to go to the occasional Onkas game as a couple of mates played there. Haven't really followed it for years, what is the format?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon May 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:Used to go to the occasional Onkas game as a couple of mates played there. Haven't really followed it for years, what is the format?

Nice! Onkas are always strong.

All A Grade sides are now in 1 division, after each side has played each other twice, the comp will be split into two divisions to which you only play teams in your division and then 2 finals series. u/18 and B Grade follow the A Grade every week now I think. That is pretty spot on, I may have it slightly wrong.

I play for Barossa, it's been good testing ourselves against some of the better sides and its the only way our younger stars will stay at the club but there has been some very lopsided scores across the comp each week.

Atmosphere and crowds at games have been growing significantly in recent years.
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 27, 2019 6:25 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Used to go to the occasional Onkas game as a couple of mates played there. Haven't really followed it for years, what is the format?

All A Grade sides are now in 1 division, after each side has played each other twice, the comp will be split into two divisions to which you only play teams in your division and then 2 finals series. u/18 and B Grade follow the A Grade every week now I think. That is pretty spot on, I may have it slightly wrong.

I play for Barossa, it's been good testing ourselves against some of the better sides and its the only way our younger stars will stay at the club but there has been some very lopsided scores across the comp each week.

The system isnt the worst Ive heard, seen.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon May 27, 2019 7:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

The system isnt the worst Ive heard, seen.

I think long term it’s the way to go but in the short term there will be some pain.

Not much fun as a casual player coming up against big big big decent players but it has to happen if the smaller clubs want to be able to hold onto their gun juniors they put so much time and effort into.
whufc
Coach

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Rugby Union & League