2011 Wimbledon

Re: 2011 Wimbledon

Postby NFC » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Grahaml wrote:He's not as charismatic as Nadal or as stylish as Federer, so I can see why people might not like him so much. But there's no denying his form and ability. I still think he's down the list somewhat in terms of all time great, but this year is just about the greatest 6 months played of all time. The top end of the men's draw is so strong, he'd have been #1 years ago if he'd have played in many other eras. Just unlucky that Nadal and Federer happen to have been around, although Fed is a few years past his best now.

NFC
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 2011 Wimbledon

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:33 am

OnSong wrote:
Gozu wrote:I saw in the paper yesterday Djokovic was the underdog at $2.25 and thought if I were a betting man I'd get on that. As much as I like Nadal and dislike Djokovic, Novak has had the wood on Nadal this year 4-0 head to head going into it. I expected Nadal to lose but not quite in the fashion he did.

After the event but he was $3.75 at the quarter finals with a run to the final of Tomic, Tsonga/Fed. Value all the way through really.

The odds were probably skewed because of money for Rafa in the final.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Tennis