2011 US Open

Re: 2011 US Open

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Yeah Nadal and Federer wont get back to number 1. Just hope Rafa can win a few more French Opens and deny Djokovic of winning one
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Grahaml » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:Yeah Nadal and Federer wont get back to number 1. Just hope Rafa can win a few more French Opens and deny Djokovic of winning one

I'd love to see someone do the grand slam. It's such a hard thing to do these days and I want to see someone (anyone) do it. Djokovic is currently the bet chance. Especially if Fed and Rafa slide back a little more.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby NFC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Grahaml wrote:While that is generally true at the moment to an extent, it's far more simplistic than reality. Federer will always be more potent at the US and Wimbledon because of the speed of the courts, while Nadal is clearly slowing down from the speed and energy levels that Federer really struggled with. I think in a final Federer would have taken care of business.

Djokovic hurt his back during the match and apart from the usual niggles a top level athlete endures he'll no doubt be exhausted. I wonder whether he might take a few weeks off throughout the remainder of the season and just play the bigger tournaments. Last thing you want is to be wiped out physically and mentally after a huge year or it will all be wasted going into next year. From here I think Nadal and Federer will be unable to reclaim #1 and it will be Djokovic for 2-3 years before Murray starts to challenge for it.

The level today was nothing we've seen before. Federer wouldn't have beaten either today.
NFC
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:46 pm

mal wrote:Serina Williams cops a $2,000 fine
I wonder if she will apPeAL

Pocket change for her isn't it :roll:

Given her priors should have been either banned from the next Grand Slam (Australian Open) or next years US Open.
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Tennis