iTunes Refund

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

iTunes Refund

Postby wooly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Has anyone else tried to get a refund from iTunes for an "in app" purchase?

I made the mistake of telling my 8 year old son my iTunes password and he went and made a purchase (he denies it!) in a game called Cityville. He purchased a "Barrell of Cash". Some sort of currency used in the game to buy City's I assume?? The cost of this Barrell of Cash - $109-90!! :evil:

I contacted Apple thinking there is no way I was going to get this refunded as essentially it was my own fault but within 24 hours they had agreed to my request and refunded the purchase.

Personally, I can't believe they allow purchases of this amount inside an App and that people would actually pay it?

And yes I've changed my password.
wooly
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: iTunes Refund

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I attended an Apple course run by one of their tech's last week and he said that they will always refund this kind of activity. He actually said it had happened to him, and he emailed apple (never said he was an employee) and they refunded straight away.

My boss will be spewing as his lad nailed him with a couple hundred dollars of in app purchases to build a bakery store. He wasnt happy, but never asked for a refund.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets