What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

HH3 wrote:I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.



I purchased a Nintendo 3DS to mainly play while I work away and one of the games I purchased on the Virtue Console was Zelda: A Link to the Past. First time ever playing any Zelda game my God it's a long storyline! I've been playing for hours and just managed to get the moon pearl? Still need to find 7 elders! I'm loving the game though and will probably buy the next one in line Links Awakening. The most frustrating part of the game I've found is when you die in a dungeon and have to start from floor 1 again. Now that I'm understanding the game a lot better I've been lifting rocks, lighting lamp stands and bombing weak structures to find some hidden caves. I feel like it's going to be big relief once its finished!

Also I went onto Wikipedia and done some research on the Link to the Past. It's basically been voted a top 5 game of all time. Looks like it had some impressive sales as well.
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6383
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 212 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 am

I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13537
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2166 times
Been liked: 1671 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby JK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.


My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 32879
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2140 times
Been liked: 1701 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby Johno6 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am

having a fortnite session Saturday night if your online WUB.
missus is working, so I'm on daddy day care all night so gonna get my nerd on
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12



Asterix Users - Squibs
User avatar
Johno6
Coach
 
Posts: 14556
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby mickey » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.


My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
These more the style of controller you'd be familiar with JK......Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Johno6 wrote:bottom line

we can kick dogs and children in teh stomach, when they are trying to hump stuff

When Berisha dies
When Berisha dies
We're all having a party,
We're all having a party,
We're all having a paarrttyy
When Berisha dies
User avatar
mickey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Playing Poker
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 04, 2018 4:51 pm

The new update for AFL Evolution has SANFL teams!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 43187
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 938 times
Been liked: 2285 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri May 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:The new update for AFL Evolution has SANFL teams!
I have to get onto this. I recently got back into AFL Evolution for this footy season.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26200
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5279 times
Been liked: 762 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Nintendo Switch

I got this from EBs for $37 last week. The big name games on Nintendo eShop are usually over $70, so it seemed like a good buy.

Its a tactical combat game. Actually really addictive for what it is. And for a game you think would be aimed at kids, its quite challenging. Right now I'm stuck on Chapter 1-8. The last checkpoint leaves me with very little life.

Keeping an eye out for a cheap copy of Mario Kart 8.

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Farcry 5

This game could have been great, but they've gone too overboard with the unrealistic action, and it takes away from the story a bit.

I'm a few hours into it. One thing I'm finding annoying is pretty much every time you see anyone out in the world, it starts a firefight. The whole county is overrun by a religious cult. In marked pickup trucks with machine guns attached, military style. I'm sure the ATF would be in there within hours of this kicking off.

A more nuanced cult operation would've been a lot more believable, and immersive.

Right now it's sitting at about a 7/10 for me.

Also, I played a bit of No Mans Sky for the first time in about 6 months. Again, the updates since then have transformed the game for the better. And co-op multiplayer coming in the next update will be another massive step in the right direction.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Can't wait for The Crew 2.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Attheraces: Gallop Racer :oops:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 31409
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 1652 times
Been liked: 3390 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Wolfenstein The New Colossus, already having plenty of fun with it mowing down Nazi's. Picked it up for $34 from EB today, winning.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 26200
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 5279 times
Been liked: 762 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm

While home sick most of last week, I kinda smashed the games.

Nintendo Switch

Zelda, Breath of the Wind - Probably 10-15 hours during the week. Beat my first Devine Beast (Ruta).

Mega Man Collection 1 - Forgot how hard these games were.

Mario Aces tennis - The pre-launch online tournament was over the weekend. The first few games I did ok, but after leaving it for a day, people obviously got way better, and I got smoked on Sunday.

Pokemon Quest - A little game (coming to mobile I think). Bit of a time killing game.

Playstation 4

Dirt 4 - Bought this for $25 on discount. I love watching RX, so this game is awesome. The career mode is much better than the last game. Creating a team as well as being able to race for other teams makes it a bit more immersive. Worked my way up to RX2 last night. Also bumped the difficulty up last night too.

Madden 17 - In my third season. Was fired by the Texans after the first season, where we missed the playoffs. Hired by the Chiefs. Lost the Division game in my first season. I drafted two QBs. (Rd1, Pick 30) and (Rd 6, Pick 30). Turns out my first rounder was an 80 overall, and my 6th rounder was a 74. So a very good draft for me. I've re-signed Alex Smith to a 2 year, low value contract as a backup. Currently sitting 6-2 in my second season with the Chiefs. Lost to the Browns in the last game. They are now stacked after three good years of drafting (done by a computer, not a real GM).
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

games im pretty keen to get when they come out in next year or so


the division 2
new diablo
black ops 4

im probably gonna get stuck into a few games over the long weekend because I cbf doing anything else.
but getting a bit sick of the same ones atm
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12



Asterix Users - Squibs
User avatar
Johno6
Coach
 
Posts: 14556
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:46 pm

I bought FIFA 18 on the Switch last week, so I could play it while we babysat my nephew. I also bought a Pro Switch Controller, so I can play it comfortably on the TV at home.

Started a career with Adelaide United, as I always do.

Brought in some South Americans and Italians in the mid-season trade period.

Finished second on the table, faced Sydney FC in the GF and won with a 120th minute goal.

Got an offer from QPR who had one game remaining in their season. I took it, won that game 3-0 to end their year. QPR finished 18th in the EFL Championship.

Currently in the 2018 preseason invitational competition, killing everyone.

The only move I've made so far is bringing Paul Izzo to back up Smithies at GK. I'll be focusing on Izzo with training to try to get him up to scratch that he can be a starting GK for me if I make a push into the EPL.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:57 pm

HH3 wrote:I bought FIFA 18 on the Switch last week, so I could play it while we babysat my nephew. I also bought a Pro Switch Controller, so I can play it comfortably on the TV at home.

Started a career with Adelaide United, as I always do.

Brought in some South Americans and Italians in the mid-season trade period.

Finished second on the table, faced Sydney FC in the GF and won with a 120th minute goal.

Got an offer from QPR who had one game remaining in their season. I took it, won that game 3-0 to end their year. QPR finished 18th in the EFL Championship.

Currently in the 2018 preseason invitational competition, killing everyone.

The only move I've made so far is bringing Paul Izzo to back up Smithies at GK. I'll be focusing on Izzo with training to try to get him up to scratch that he can be a starting GK for me if I make a push into the EPL.


Won the preseason cup. Now four games into the season (2-1-1).

I sent Izzo to Doncaster on Loan.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 pm

I usually edit it and put Adelaide United in league 2 so I can take them all the way to the PL.

But in this years edition haven’t touched career mode at all, mostly just FUT
User avatar
bennymacca
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:22 pm
Has liked: 2245 times
Been liked: 1798 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

I started from the bottom of league 2 in the English league with the Morecambe FC in manager mode, obviously put my created version of myself in it...

its been an incredible journey so far, just finished our first season of premier league by finishing second and qualifying for Europe. Incredible second half of the season... I somewhat accepted we'd finish right near the bottom or possibly relegated and we saved our season in tremendous fashion. Last game of the season to qualify for Europe..

Also took the Australian job, came runners up in the CONFED Cup to spain...

Go the Shrimps!!!
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13537
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2166 times
Been liked: 1671 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I re-bought the Bioshock trilogy for PS4. I had the first two on PS3, so playing through the first one again.

Such a good series. Creepy, original for it's time. I think Bethesda stole a bit of Bioshocks feel for Dishonoured.

FIFA update.
I'm sitting about 9th in the EFL Championship with QPR.
Just knocked Chelsea off in the league cup. Cant remember the name of it.
I've brought in a French winger, and used the rest of my budget on the youth squad.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 2054 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest