What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.
2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 2112 times
Been liked: 1769 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

HH3 wrote:I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.

I purchased a Nintendo 3DS to mainly play while I work away and one of the games I purchased on the Virtue Console was Zelda: A Link to the Past. First time ever playing any Zelda game my God it's a long storyline! I've been playing for hours and just managed to get the moon pearl? Still need to find 7 elders! I'm loving the game though and will probably buy the next one in line Links Awakening. The most frustrating part of the game I've found is when you die in a dungeon and have to start from floor 1 again. Now that I'm understanding the game a lot better I've been lifting rocks, lighting lamp stands and bombing weak structures to find some hidden caves. I feel like it's going to be big relief once its finished!

Also I went onto Wikipedia and done some research on the Link to the Past. It's basically been voted a top 5 game of all time. Looks like it had some impressive sales as well.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 174 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 am

I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.
I can, I will, I must!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 1910 times
Been liked: 1436 times

Postby JK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.

My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 1824 times
Been liked: 1510 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Johno6 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am

having a fortnite session Saturday night if your online WUB.
missus is working, so I'm on daddy day care all night so gonna get my nerd on
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 536 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mickey » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.

My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
These more the style of controller you'd be familiar with JK......Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Johno6 wrote:bottom line

we can kick dogs and children in teh stomach, when they are trying to hump stuff

When Berisha dies
When Berisha dies
We're all having a party,
We're all having a party,
We're all having a paarrttyy
When Berisha dies
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 102 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Previous