Car Audio

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Car Audio

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:51 pm

im in the process of of setting up a decent car audio system, dont really want to spend over $1200 though, im leaning towards Pioneer or Fusion, anyone else got a decent Car Audio system, or any brands you would recomend?
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:32 am

Sam,
I would suggest an average system for your car,couple of hundred on a CD and amp.Chuck in a few cheap speakers,that way no one will want to steal it,and the sound would then be good enough.
Then,go out and spend some good money on a Bose home system,you spend more time at home than you ever will in your car,and you can use a thumping system at home,in your car it just pisses people off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:53 am

the main reason im looking at subs and the whole bit, is that this system will be going into my new car in about 10 months, that car will be entered in shows, so subs are a must. :wink:
i already have 2X 6'' speakers and a cd player but they are pretty crap. and i already have a system in my room (surround sound, Woofer) and that is far from needing to be updated. 8)
Plus, I need to have woofers in my car for the dvd player and 7'' flip down screen. :D
Last edited by Sam_goUUUdogs on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:59 am

Booney wrote:in your car it just pisses people off.

would never be turned up to the max, and would be no where near that on the roads, the loudest it will be apart from car shows will be in carparks at nights with mates, (away from houses.)
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:56 pm

settled on one Sub with an Amp for now.
I Got the Sony Xplode 12'' 800W Woofer Boxed for $124 down from $189
And the Sony Xplode 500W 4 channel Amp for $198 down from $349
Then managed to talk them down even more to $275 for both. :D

Woofer :D (mines in a box though)
Amp :D
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:12 pm

Sam, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier..... I have a brand new sound system, still in boxes. Pd 1500 (with reciepts) for it, could've done a price for you... I bought it for my car, which isn't back on the road yet, and I look like selling it anyway. JVC equipment, I hope the Sony stuff goes ok, but the sales guy sledged all their equipment in general...
I could keep it or sell, not 100%. If you're interested PM me, or MSN ....
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:13 pm

I bought a Sansui face about 5 years ago with sensational 300W Kenwood 6 by 9 speakers...

REALLY wish I didn't buy Sansui.
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:I hope the Sony stuff goes ok, but the sales guy sledged all their equipment in general.......

over the the time i was looking, i dont think there was one brand that i wasnt told was crap in one way or another (except Pionner), i went with sony in the end mainly cos i got a good deal, and its a larger company, and would be alot easier to follow up a warranty if need be.

thanks for the offer PR but ive got my stuff for now, but i suggest Ebay for selling due to the fact that most car audio on there sells for pretty close to retail.
Strathfield would easily provide the worst customer service of any of the car audio stores, but thats the Modbury store in particular.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby zipzap » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:05 pm

I've had Sony and Pioneer and loved them both.
I bought a new car recently with a generic six stacker thing built into the dash but the sound is bloody awful. I'd love to replace it but can't see how I can given the way it's built into the car's design. Hmmm...ideas?
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Strathfield say they can re install anything, and have your old car looking like it originaly did, so much so that they say people can have a full system installed in a hire car, and when they go to return it have it completly taken out and have the car looking like new.
might be worth a look, but it will be very hard to get a booking, they are pretty full around this time of year.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:52 pm

just got it all installed, 50 Cent and G-Unit go alright on it. :wink: :D
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby brent » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:29 pm

pretty happy with my alpine set up

i gotta say that the pioneer i had in a previous car was slightly better at the lower end of the spectrum but the logic behind the alpine was that they were the first to offer a proper adapter for ipods

that was a while ago, now quite a few are doing it, i've seen adapters for kenwood and pioneer
brent
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby zipzap » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:48 pm

brent wrote:pretty happy with my alpine set up

i gotta say that the pioneer i had in a previous car was slightly better at the lower end of the spectrum but the logic behind the alpine was that they were the first to offer a proper adapter for ipods

that was a while ago, now quite a few are doing it, i've seen adapters for kenwood and pioneer

I've been looking into this. By 'adapter' do you mean a simple line-in port or an external device that has to be hard-wired and installed somewhere like the glovebox? I think the Pioneer does the latter. A line in jack would be more logical.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets