What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Traded in Doom last weekend to get Batman The Telltale series cheaper. It's pretty good finished the first two episodes. Telltale do an excellent job at making these story driven games. While I wait for the next episode to come out I'm back on Uncharted 4.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:37 pm

NEW READ DEAD GAME GETTING RELEASED NEXT YEAR
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:NEW READ DEAD GAME GETTING RELEASED NEXT YEAR

Oh yeah f**k yeah!!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 am

Played The Crew for a few hours last night.

If you don't know, this game is in a scaled down version of the whole USA (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). It takes about an hour and a half to drive from New York to LA in a Circuit car, so its massive. I've still only discovered about half of the map, and I finished the story ages ago.

Last night I completed my first long Faction event. Basically it's a point to point race, against 5 AI cars. The one I did was in the Dirt category.

The race started in New York, then down to New Orleans, through the swamps, up through Colorado and New Mexico (Roswell) and then finished just outside St Louis.

It took 56 minutes. The only annoying thing is the AI cars will catch up to you no matter how far in front you are, just for a close finish.
Last edited by HH3 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby cossi11 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:11 am

Football Manager 2017 released today! looking forward to this evening
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:00 pm

No Mans Sky has been given it's first big update.

They've put in Survival mode, base building, claimable planets, usable space freighters.

I already enjoyed the chilled out exploring, but the new added features will change the game.

I believe later on they will increase the trade system to create a space economy and also add factions to create hostilities and large scale battles.

In a year or two, this game could be massive.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

New Afl game being released

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-15/afl ... n-consoles

Would love the game to be good but I don't have high hopes. Especially when all the quotes are marketing buzzwords and nothing about the gameplay being any good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm

NCAA 12

So my PS3 died in October, and my NCAA football career was in limbo. Yesterday I popped into Mums, and "borrowed" my little brothers PS3.

Last night, booted it back up. I am the Offensive Coordinator at Pitt University. This means I only control the offense. The game is simmed while the D or special teams are on the field.

I take back over with a 4-2 record. The night went as follows....

The first game was against #17 ranked USF. The Bulls came out hard, and my QB struggled. If he wasn't getting sacked, he was getting pressured, and passes were not happening. Our run game was getting stuffed as well. The game finished 48-7 their way.

The second game was against Syracuse. This game was going much better from the get go, until my starting HB bruised his sternum and was out for the game in the first quarter. He is a freshman who had already replaced the starting senior due to injury. I had to bring on my 3rd stringer. Another freshman. I'm glad this happened, because over the next 3 quarters, he racked up 250 yards and a TD. The game finished with a decent win by Pitt. Can't remember the exact score.

The third game was against Notre Dame. The game started out in Pitts favour, and there was a healthy gap until the fourth quarter. Notre Dame rallied and pulled out a two point win in the dying seconds.

The fourth game was against UConn, who blew us out of the water straight away. Nothing was working on offense, and the Pitt defense has been a liability all season.

In between games, the recruiting has been steady. I have had two 3-star MLB's commit, and some good O-linemen as well. The only thing is I don't really wanna waste too much time recruiting for next year, because I may be offered a head coaching gig at another school.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am

I know everyone loves my sports gaming stories, so here's what went down last night, ;)

Pitt took on Michigan in a Big East conference hit out.

We took the lead early and were up 14-0 going into half time. The Wolverines came back and and going into the last two minutes the score was 21-14 Michigans way. After driving to the 50 yard line, with no timeouts, I threw a deep fade to our star receiver for a TD, locking the score at 21-21 with eff all time remaining. Pass it over to my defense, and what do you know, Michigan drive to within field goal range and kick the game winning score. Pitt ended up losing 24-21.

The last game of the season was against Louville. Pitt came out strong, and in a game where everything went right, Pitt won in a blowout. Unsure of final score.

With a 6-6 record at the end of the season, Pitt somehow qualified to play in the Auto Zone Liberty Bowl game against SMU at Tennessee. SMU smashed us for three and a half quarters. A late comeback ended in a 42-34 lost. Second Bowl lost in two years, after falling to Houston University last season.

So after the season, out of the three coaches (Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator) I was the only one that didn't get fired. My contract had run out, but they offered me a new one. I looked around at all of the available jobs. No one offered me a Head Coaching job, so instead of heading back to Pitt, I decided to sign as OC with Texas Tech for two years.

Their roster is stacked with highly rated seniors, who I think could lead to a great year. I don't necessarily care if we get ranked, but it would be nice to boost my coaching prestige to hopefully snag a Head Coaching job at a mid-range school.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:29 pm

TL;DR
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:22 am

Finally got a PS4. Traded in nearly every game and got a good deal from JB HIFi. Got BF1. Only played it for a bit last night. Graphics are awesome. Never really played the battlefield series so am struggling with multiplayer game (not that is any different for me:lol: ). Keen to get some more time on it.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 am

Im downloading Ark for PS4 as we speak.

Survival game, with dinosaurs. Looks really fun. My little brother bought it with the PS Wallet top up I gave him for Xmas, so I'll probably jump on with him a fair bit.

I've also been playing a bit of GTA V Online the last few days. So much has been added since I played last. It's hard to get my head around a lot of it. My brother put $120 into it for in game money, and got some pretty good stuff, and heaps of extra things to do. I'd never put real money into it though. I mainly do up cars and race. Not a huge fan of the heists or deathmatches.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:57 am

Ark: Survival Evolved

Arks a survival game that makes every decision an important one. As you do things, you level up your character. A lot of the time, you're gathering things like wood, stone, flint, food, etc. If you die, you keep your character progression, but lose all of your inventory.

It's completely online, with 72 - 100 players on each server at a time. If you build your base in one server, its there until you dismantle it, or its destroyed. If you go into a different server, its not there. I've made sure to bookmark my server. Having said that, most servers are always full, so it takes a bit to actually get on.

I played for 6 or 7 hours last night, and the whole time I was just progressing my character. I literally have a straw hut and a bed (respawn point) to my name. Without the bed, you spawn at random locations, and with no minimap, its really hard to find your way back to your hut.

Other people who have been playing since the start of Dec have pet dinosaurs who they ride, castles and tribes full of people, so when I run into them, I get the f**k out of there.

The game is still unfinished, so there are sometimes glitches, but there will be heaps more added to the game, and the disc release will happen next year.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 am

BF1 conquest is bloody awesome. It was great last night when I got out on the Amiens map, I was only there last week and went in the big cathedral which you can see on the map
Massive scale battles. I use assault soldier, what else does everyone else use? And which is the best?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 am

Anyone on here bought or played Watchdogs 2 yet?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Johno6 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:BF1 conquest is bloody awesome. It was great last night when I got out on the Amiens map, I was only there last week and went in the big cathedral which you can see on the map
Massive scale battles. I use assault soldier, what else does everyone else use? And which is the best?

I use the medic coz quicker to get points reviving people etc
I joined your game the other night
I am still hopeless at it but it was good fun and a. Ice change from nba.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:46 pm

I have been playing Forza Horizon 3.

The game is pretty fun. Seems a worthy successor to the Need for Speed style games, and there is a shitload to do
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:53 am

Johno6 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:BF1 conquest is bloody awesome. It was great last night when I got out on the Amiens map, I was only there last week and went in the big cathedral which you can see on the map

I use the medic coz quicker to get points reviving people etc
I joined your game the other night
I am still hopeless at it but it was good fun and a. Ice change from nba.

Don't worry I am probably the worst player online :lol: I really enjoy the game though.
In BF I've noticed very little people use their Mocs.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 am

Mocs = Mics?

If so I think a lot of people are in parties, that's what me and my mates do so we chat on there with our squad.
in one of the games I joined, you killed me... I was waiting for the tea bag, coz that's exactly what I was going to do to you if I killed you. hah!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am

Johno6 wrote:Mocs = Mics?

If so I think a lot of people are in parties, that's what me and my mates do so we chat on there with our squad.
in one of the games I joined, you killed me... I was waiting for the tea bag, coz that's exactly what I was going to do to you if I killed you. hah!

yeah mics..

haha!!! I didn't even notice... I will certainly be on the cards next time haha
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets