Match of the round ....Vodaphone Vs 3 mobile

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Match of the round ....Vodaphone Vs 3 mobile

Postby kickinit » Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 am

vodafone doesn't even come close to telstra for coverage or speed or connectivity. Just so you can see how far behind vodafone here are the maps

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones ... dband.html

http://www.vodafone.com.au/tools/checker/index.htm
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Ian » Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 am

kickinit wrote:vodafone doesn't even come close to telstra for coverage or speed or connectivity. Just so you can see how far behind vodafone here are the maps

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones ... dband.html

http://www.vodafone.com.au/tools/checker/index.htm

but when you combine 95% of Telstra's coverage with Vodafone and 3's own towers, 3 customers get very good coverage as well
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby mickey » Thu May 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Having been with 3 for about the last 5 years or so, their coverage reliability is poor and gettin worse. the last 3-4 weeks especially, with some days coverage dropping out all together with annoying regularity.

I went into the 3/vodafone store at arndale and was told it was my fone and to ring the 3 care and get them to fix it. The next day I went into the west lakes store, they swapped me over to a Vodafone sim, using the Vodafone network etc... Reliability has improved drastically. Will see how the remaining 6 months of my contract go before I switch to tel$tra.
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Ian » Thu May 03, 2012 5:51 pm

mickey wrote:Having been with 3 for about the last 5 years or so, their coverage reliability is poor and gettin worse. the last 3-4 weeks especially, with some days coverage dropping out all together with annoying regularity.

I went into the 3/vodafone store at arndale and was told it was my fone and to ring the 3 care and get them to fix it. The next day I went into the west lakes store, they swapped me over to a Vodafone sim, using the Vodafone network etc... Reliability has improved drastically. Will see how the remaining 6 months of my contract go before I switch to tel$tra.

If you'd stuck with 3 you'd still have the coverage you have now but in addition the option for "roaming" (Telstra) in the country, they wouldn't have told you that because they just want every 3 customer to switch to Vodafone
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Postby kickinit » Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Yes you get Telstra towers when on roaming but don't get all of them especially most country towns. Telstra have the best coverage and that why you pay more. If you compare the infrastructure that Telstra have built to any other phone network you woul then understand why you pay more an the fact when you are with another company you are still giving telstra money.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Trader » Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 am

Ian wrote:
mickey wrote:Having been with 3 for about the last 5 years or so, their coverage reliability is poor and gettin worse. the last 3-4 weeks especially, with some days coverage dropping out all together with annoying regularity.

If you'd stuck with 3 you'd still have the coverage you have now but in addition the option for "roaming" (Telstra) in the country, they wouldn't have told you that because they just want every 3 customer to switch to Vodafone

I'm on an old iPhone 3 with 3, out of contract so went to update to the 4s and they told me I could only do it if I switched over to Vodafone, pr!cks!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 810 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 06, 2012 10:11 am

I get much better reception and much better 3g speeds since I went to Vodafone from 3. My main reason was the fact 3 towers were just going to fall into disrepair while Vodaphone towers were continually being upgraded. I used to get no reception at home (at Happy Valley) when on 3 and my 3g speed was virtually non existent. I could pay more than double for Teltra to deliver what I get now with the one exception being I get good country reception where I'm lucky to be twice a year these days.
Having said that, I now get reception at Fisherman's Bay where my mum lives where I didn't before with 3/Telstra.
BUT I don't know how much my phone has had to do with this and how much is service related as when transferring from 3 to Vodafone I also went from an Iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S2. It might be just the fact that the Samsung is an infinitely better phone than the Iphone rather than better coverage, who knows.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby kickinit » Sun May 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:I get much better reception and much better 3g speeds since I went to Vodafone from 3. My main reason was the fact 3 towers were just going to fall into disrepair while Vodaphone towers were continually being upgraded. I used to get no reception at home (at Happy Valley) when on 3 and my 3g speed was virtually non existent. I could pay more than double for Teltra to deliver what I get now with the one exception being I get good country reception where I'm lucky to be twice a year these days.
Having said that, I now get reception at Fisherman's Bay where my mum lives where I didn't before with 3/Telstra.
BUT I don't know how much my phone has had to do with this and how much is service related as when transferring from 3 to Vodafone I also went from an Iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S2. It might be just the fact that the Samsung is an infinitely better phone than the Iphone rather than better coverage, who knows.

you never got reception at fisherman bay. First time I went to fisherman bay was in 2006 and have always had reception there with telstra. I have however now made the switch to optus, but always carry my old iPhone with a telstra pre paid sim when I go away to yorkes. I've never had a problem with telstra on your yorkes only time i have i''ve been 50km plus from shore.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 06, 2012 5:21 pm

kickinit wrote:you never got reception at fisherman bay.

Incorrect. I was there 3 weekends ago and even rang my mums house from the beach.
And yes I do know where Fisherman's Bay is as my mum has lived on Dolphin Rd for over 20 years.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:I get much better reception and much better 3g speeds since I went to Vodafone from 3. My main reason was the fact 3 towers were just going to fall into disrepair while Vodaphone towers were continually being upgraded. I used to get no reception at home (at Happy Valley) when on 3 and my 3g speed was virtually non existent. I could pay more than double for Teltra to deliver what I get now with the one exception being I get good country reception where I'm lucky to be twice a year these days.

by reading what you wrote you never use to get reception there before when you where with 3/telstra. Like I said i've never had a problem with telstra mobile down on yorkes. Telstra actually have some pretty good plans now and ain't too far off what everyone else is offering. If you look at the samsung galaxy s 2 with vodafone and telstra you can get it on a $59 plan with both everything is the same but vodafone offer $750 for calls where Telstra offer $550. But telstra have 90cents per min 35cent connection vodafone have 98 cent per min 40cent connection. Plus you also get big pond unmetered with telstra so AFL and V8 super car websites don't count towards your data plus having the better reception with telstra it looks attractive. Optus offer the same but it's a $60 cap with $650 for calls. so there's not that much between them all
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am

I hardly make a call. Why would I pay $59 for what I get for $29?
Even when I do I get unlimited amount of calls to the phones I communicate with.
Horses for courses, what you regard as value I regard as a ripoff as I'd have to pay double for no benefit.
Throw in the fact I have 4 phones/accounts and I'd be out of pocket $120 per month for no benefit. No thanks.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I would love to only pay $29. I was on a $79 cap but seeing the caps have been getting more and more credit I was able to drop back to a $59
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Ian » Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:I hardly make a call. Why would I pay $59 for what I get for $29?
Even when I do I get unlimited amount of calls to the phones I communicate with.
Horses for courses, what you regard as value I regard as a ripoff as I'd have to pay double for no benefit.
Throw in the fact I have 4 phones/accounts and I'd be out of pocket $120 per month for no benefit. No thanks.

Ditto
Ian

Postby Psyber » Tue May 08, 2012 10:28 am

I got my Slimtel (pay as you go) mobile phone bill for April recently - $1.50 for about the 12 brief calls I made.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets