Major League Baseball 2K11 - Best Sports Sim Ive ever played

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Major League Baseball 2K11 - Best Sports Sim Ive ever played

Postby HH3 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Bought MLB 2k11 for the PC the other day. Combined with the Xbox 360 controller for Windows, has to be the best presented, most in-depth sports sim ive ever played. Im dont think it will be as good on the Xbox or PS3 versions though.

The Franchise mode has everything. Not being much of a MLB follower, its taken a bit of research to find out what some things are and what they're about, but im getting there. In Franchise, you can demote and premote players from the minors as you see fit. It includes the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues (preseason practice leagues), and the Broadcast style presentation makes it feel like you're watching it on TV. The commentators go into so much detail its unbelievable. They talk about every individual players 2010 stats, and a bit of a bio, eg. telling how certain players had to go to Japan to find form etc.

My Player mode is also very good. You take your own player from Minor Leagues all the way through to (hopefully) the MLB Hall of Fame.

For anyone who likes their sports games to be more realistic, and more of a Simulation than an Arcade game, play this game. You wont regret it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Major League Baseball 2K11 - Best Sports Sim Ive ever played

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:34 pm

HH3 wrote:Bought MLB 2k11 for the PC the other day. Combined with the Xbox 360 controller for Windows, has to be the best presented, most in-depth sports sim ive ever played. Im dont think it will be as good on the Xbox or PS3 versions though.

The Franchise mode has everything. Not being much of a MLB follower, its taken a bit of research to find out what some things are and what they're about, but im getting there. In Franchise, you can demote and premote players from the minors as you see fit. It includes the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues (preseason practice leagues), and the Broadcast style presentation makes it feel like you're watching it on TV. The commentators go into so much detail its unbelievable. They talk about every individual players 2010 stats, and a bit of a bio, eg. telling how certain players had to go to Japan to find form etc.

My Player mode is also very good. You take your own player from Minor Leagues all the way through to (hopefully) the MLB Hall of Fame.

For anyone who likes their sports games to be more realistic, and more of a Simulation than an Arcade game, play this game. You wont regret it.

im a fan of MLB.. played 2k9 and i personally found it very average. i have MLB the show 08 & 10... 2010 is much better and it also has the 'road to the show' were you start in the AA minor league then move up to the AAA league... i personally feel this game is awesome... and its the best sports game ive played... unfortunitly they dont sell it in oz.. when i was in the states earlier this year i had to settle witha second hand MLB the show 10 because the new ones were all sold out at every store i went to. i aslo looiked into getting the show 11 but all sold out aswell...
certainly would like to look at 2k11 so i can compare the 2...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:38 pm

HH3 wrote:Bought MLB 2k11 for the PC the other day. Combined with the Xbox 360 controller for Windows, has to be the best presented, most in-depth sports sim ive ever played. Im dont think it will be as good on the Xbox or PS3 versions though.

i havent played this one yet but have played nba 2k11 and it would be the best nba game i've payed i think all the 2k11 game have steped up this year
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Ingall » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 am

Available on Steam at the moment for US$10. Going to pick it up and give it a go.
Crooked as a hooker.
Now suck my thumb.
Anybody wanna come get some?
Ingall
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby HH3 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Took me a while, but i won the Texas League Championship with Corpus Christi Hooks in My Player mode. Didnt have one of the required stats to get the immidiate call up to the Astros, but they're giving me a run in the Grapefruit Cup to see how i go, which im very grateful for. :lol:

Very addictive game...
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 am

Ordered this online a couple of weeks ago and finally got it yesterday.
Didn't get much of a go at it, but looks pretty good.
Struggling to bloody hit the ball though. Baserunning is a bit confusing too. Is it automatic?
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm

i'll be purchasing MLB the Show 11 when i get my new ps3... not really in sale in oz. but can find it online easily. its the most popular baseball gaming franchise in the states...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:Ordered this online a couple of weeks ago and finally got it yesterday.
Struggling to bloody hit the ball though. Baserunning is a bit confusing too. Is it automatic?

If you're playing it on PC using an XBox 350 controller for Windows, you use the tiggers to run and cancel runs. The right trigger is to run, and pushing it more than once makes your player run to different bases. It comes up on the little radar thingy.

It took me a while to get the timing right for batting, but now that i have it down pat im No. 1 in hits, RBI's and HR's in the league and on the way to Rookie of the Year. Think i might bump up the difficulty soon.

After playing it a fair bit, ive come across some things that could be improved. Like in the career mode where you control the whole team, there could be more finance and management type things in the game. Like Madden touched on, with relocations and stadium upgrades for example.

Also, im not a fan of the trading system in My Player, because i could just pick the team i wanted to move to, no negotiation, no nothing, and i was straight there for the next game. Didnt like the team, so traded straight back, no problem. This happened during the preseason comp, and also while i was a Minor League player, so not sure if it changes after turn Pro. At the moment i am unable to be traded. Have to wait and see...only about another 100 games left in the season :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:31 am

HH3 wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:Ordered this online a couple of weeks ago and finally got it yesterday.

If you're playing it on PC using an XBox 350 controller for Windows, you use the tiggers to run and cancel runs. The right trigger is to run, and pushing it more than once makes your player run to different bases. It comes up on the little radar thingy.

It took me a while to get the timing right for batting, but now that i have it down pat im No. 1 in hits, RBI's and HR's in the league and on the way to Rookie of the Year. Think i might bump up the difficulty soon.

I had a decent crack at it last night and I still can't bat! :lol:
I only succeed in hitting it down the throat of 3rd base or the outfield, or if I hit a ground ball it goes straight to a fielder.
That's if I hit it at all! :oops:
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets