What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Last night i finished the last of us 2.... WOW!!!! The story was a bit different then i thought it would be, but i certainly wasn't disappointed... So many tense moments and the story telling was amazing. Without giving anything away Some incredible moments you don't see coming and how naughty dog made you feel a certain way early in the game to how you felt at the end of it is amazing.
The game is also visually stunning. Outside of Red dead 2 i cant think of a better game in regard to just the artwork. The attention to detail is amazing.
Haven't decided if it's surpassed the original but its in my top 3 of favourite games of all time.

I certainly recommend you go out an play it
Great to hear mate, I will comment more when I play more but I am absolutely loving it. I haven't been more emotionally involved with a game like I am with The Last of Us 2.

How you going with the game mate?
Good, still absolutely loving it. Last night I got to the point where it changes to Abby's perspective, the flashback with her dad and then the present with her in the WLF camp and then going out on the patrol. That was awesome, not only you're playing as the enemy but you get a look into how her whole community lives and why she did what she did. I love how they've tied Abby and her back story in with the events of the first game and how it's all been fully fleshed out. I said to myself 'wow this is so cool it's all connected' when I started in the hospital that Joel went looking for Ellie in at the end of the first game.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:32 pm

@woodublieve12
I finally finished The Last of Us 2 last night. It's such a bloody long game and I love that, just when I thought it was going to end (after Ellie and Abby finally go head to head) there was more to the story. It is simply an amazing and emotional game and it surprised me as the ending didn't go the way I thought it would/the way I wanted it too and I'm a bit annoyed at that but that's ok because I understand why. It's more than just a revenge fueled bloodbath. The setting of very ending sort of gave me flashbacks of Uncharted 4- A Thief's End.

While playing as Abby (which actually felt like it took up the majority of the story) I couldn't help but get emotionally involved in her back story, what her motivations were and despite her being the 'enemy' I wanted to her to survive, especially after she met Yara and Lev and effectively betraying the WLF.

The weapons, gadgets, upgrades and crafting options are so well done and learning to use them at different times at the right moments is a big part and one of the best parts of the game.
I love the absolute brutality of the game, it certainly didn't pull any punches in that regard. Running up to an enemy and smashing them with an axe/machete/hammer/pickaxe is pretty full on.

And OMG how crazy is that abomination 'The Rat King' you fight as Abby in the Seattle Hospital?!

Now to play the story again on New Game Plus!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:20 am

The Dark Knight wrote:@woodublieve12
I finally finished The Last of Us 2 last night. It's such a bloody long game and I love that, just when I thought it was going to end (after Ellie and Abby finally go head to head) there was more to the story. It is simply an amazing and emotional game and it surprised me as the ending didn't go the way I thought it would/the way I wanted it too and I'm a bit annoyed at that but that's ok because I understand why. It's more than just a revenge fueled bloodbath. The setting of very ending sort of gave me flashbacks of Uncharted 4- A Thief's End.

While playing as Abby (which actually felt like it took up the majority of the story) I couldn't help but get emotionally involved in her back story, what her motivations were and despite her being the 'enemy' I wanted to her to survive, especially after she met Yara and Lev and effectively betraying the WLF.

The weapons, gadgets, upgrades and crafting options are so well done and learning to use them at different times at the right moments is a big part and one of the best parts of the game.
I love the absolute brutality of the game, it certainly didn't pull any punches in that regard. Running up to an enemy and smashing them with an axe/machete/hammer/pickaxe is pretty full on.

And OMG how crazy is that abomination 'The Rat King' you fight as Abby in the Seattle Hospital?!

that's awesome mate.. great write up... I was the same with Abby, hated her but you can certainly empathise with her and why she did what she did...

loved the story...

What is new game plus?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:56 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:@woodublieve12

that's awesome mate.. great write up... I was the same with Abby, hated her but you can certainly empathise with her and why she did what she did...

loved the story...

What is new game plus?

When it came down to why Abby did what she did I believed it was justified, turns out Joel made a bigger mistake rescuing Ellie in the hospital at the end of the first game than he ever knew and as we saw Ellie was very angry about that once she found out the full story.

New Game Plus is the option to replay the story while keeping all your weapons, weapon upgrades, gadgets and collectibles and therefore be able to fully upgrade both Ellie and Abby and collect everything you missed first time around.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Ive been smashing Formula 1 2020 for the last month or so.

MyTeam adds a few layers to the career mode. Ive put that on ice for a bit because my cars still shithouse in the second season.

Ive started a normal career mode, starting a full season of Formula 2 with no rewinds. See how I go.

Also, I was in a Gran Turismo league for a while, which was run very well with live streams with commentary, 5 divisions, about 100 entrants every Sunday. In the end couldnt commit the time on a Sunday night.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm

I finished New Story plus in The Last of Us 2 on the weekend and went back and collected all the things I missed to achieve 100% and now I'm on to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered.

Made a real go of it Saturday night and yesterday and the remaster of both games is pretty much how I remember the originals to be and with the help of some muscle memory I can still remember where everything is in most of the levels I've unlocked, particularly in THPS 2 even if it has been about 17 years since I played them.

THPS 1-4 had a significant impact on my teenage life, especially the music where these games are responsible for at least 75% of the music and bands I listen to so it's great to sit in my own lounge room in front of my own 65 inch smart tv on my own PS4 and enjoy these games once again.

Nostalgia at it's best!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 am

I invested in a Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and frame to use up to my couch.

Combined with a new 75inch TV, my setup isnt bad.

The change from controller (which Im decent on) to wheel and pedals is a slow learning process.

Having the wheel fight you, and feeling things like bumps, puddles, ripple strips, and the front wheel leaving the track on a apex taken too sharp has ruined many a race so far.

Project Cars 2 is what Im putting most of my time into. It seems like the most realistic, and challenging to get right. No rewind feature also makes every corner or overtake attempt much more stressfull.

Ive had to learn how to set a car up too. No default settings. The Carrera and GT86 Rocketbunnys were both impossible until I learnt about anti-rollbar setting and rear tyre pressures.

Gran Turismo Sport is good for a fang. I can jump online and compete without it being too punishing. Late braking and lockups don't send the back of the car around like PC2, so Im more confident.

F1 2020 is tough. The main issue is having to re-center the wheel coming out of a corner. Once the rythm is off, I basically have to slow right down to get back in sync.

All in all, a good investment. Really opened my eyes to how hard drivers fight the car the whole time.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:22 pm

Playing GT Sport online last night.

In 6th (not bad) going into the last lap.

Mrs HH3 comes and sits in the theatre with me and I lose 5 positions in half a lap.

Very embarrassing. Also, doesnt bode well for my plans of motorsport after the bodys had enough of gridiron.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:10 am

Has anyone played Assasin Creed Valhalla??? Looks amazing, but i haven't played any of the others. Would that matter?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Has anyone played Assasin Creed Valhalla??? Looks amazing, but i haven't played any of the others. Would that matter?
Valhalla is on my Christmas list, I will play it after Spiderman Miles Morales. I don't think it matters if you haven't played any other AS games as Valhalla is not related too them.

I got Spiderman MM Sunday choosing it over Valhalla. So good too have another Spiderman game on PS4 which is pretty much plays the same as Spiderman PS4 with some differences.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:22 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Has anyone played Assasin Creed Valhalla??? Looks amazing, but i haven't played any of the others. Would that matter?
Valhalla is on my Christmas list, I will play it after Spiderman Miles Morales. I don't think it matters if you haven't played any other AS games as Valhalla is not related too them.

I got Spiderman MM Sunday choosing it over Valhalla. So good too have another Spiderman game on PS4 which is pretty much plays the same as Spiderman PS4 with some differences.

Spiderman looks amazing...

I downloaded Valhalla last night... Can't wait to play it tonight... My step bro started playing it yesterday and says i't incredible
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:07 am

Got Fallout 76 cheap on PS4.

After two years of fixing it, its actually not a bad game. The story is classic Fallout. The graphics are still classic Fallout.

Having a good time exploring and just taking it at my own pace.

Also, been smashing F1 2020 with the Logitech wheel. Got the wheel settings to a sweet spot where I can feel the road a lot better and the car fights me a good amount. Because its not so loose, I can better judge my over/understeer and also how much accelerator to give it out of corners.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 pm

I've got my hands on Civilization 6 to try and keep me occupied, has anyone else played any of them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:01 am

The Dark Knight wrote:

Im thinking of buying Spiderman MM today TDK, whats it been like so far?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:43 am

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

I finished it last Sunday then only just started New Game Plus and haven't played it this week so haven't got into the New Story Plus just yet. It's a fantastic game and I fully recommend it, you should definitely play it. It's alot shorter than the original but that doesn't deter from how good it is. It's purely a story focus on Miles and Peter is only in it for a little bit having a small influence on Miles through the game. It basically plays the same as Spiderman PS4 which I think is a good thing plus improving on the way that game played adding in Miles powers and abilities which are awesome to get learn and use.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Apparently Cyberpunk is hot garbage

About 20 odd hours into Valhalla, just keeps getting better and i don't even think i am even half way through the story... The Maps are massive
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:07 am

Got Assetto Corsa Competizione on Friday night. Spent all of my free time getting used to how the cars handle.

This is supposed to be the closest you'll get to the real thing on a sim.

My best lap around Zolder was only 3 seconds off the fasted time in the real GT3 championship, so pretty happy with that start.

If you make the slightest error, you get punished though, so its pretty intense.

Ive just got my safety rating high enough to get online, so I'll see how I go against real guys.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

I finished it last Sunday then only just started New Game Plus and haven't played it this week so haven't got into the New Story Plus just yet. It's a fantastic game and I fully recommend it, you should definitely play it. It's alot shorter than the original but that doesn't deter from how good it is. It's purely a story focus on Miles and Peter is only in it for a little bit having a small influence on Miles through the game. It basically plays the same as Spiderman PS4 which I think is a good thing plus improving on the way that game played adding in Miles powers and abilities which are awesome to get learn and use.

Ended up purchasing this one on boxing day and finished it today. Couldn't believe how short it was compared to the first game but i guess thats expected as Miles is just starting out. I was a big fan of the mine gadget and used it regularly. I also started new game plus and wished they'd cut out the scenes and gadgets parts you'd get when you first play and aren't necessary when you start new game plus.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:48 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:[quote="woodublieve12"]Has anyone played Assasin Creed Valhalla??? Looks amazing, but i haven't played any of the others. Would that matter?

Ended up purchasing this one on boxing day and finished it today. Couldn't believe how short it was compared to the first game but i guess thats expected as Miles is just starting out. I was a big fan of the mine gadget and used it regularly. I also started new game plus and wished they'd cut out the scenes and gadgets parts you'd get when you first play and aren't necessary when you start new game plus.[/quote]Yeah given the length you can smash through it quite easily, I finished New Game Plus yesterday on the Spectacular setting without much fuss. The Remote Mine is a very handy gadget as is the Gravity Well, I used Camouflage alot more on the second play through and the Mega Venom Blast is great when dealing with large groups of enemies.
As for the cut scenes and parts of the story during New Story Plus I tried to skip them as much as possible and it was annoying when I couldn't skip a cut scene I'd already seen and just wanted to get onto playing the game.

Luckily Santa brought me AS Valhalla so I'm now onto playing that.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:11 pm

Finally managed to get a PS5 through Target the other day. If anyone is trying to get one i recommend you follow a page on Twitter called PS5 stock alerts Australia. He will post links as soon as their available and then you have a 1-8 minute window to get an order in before allocation is exhausted.
mighty hounds
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets