What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 am

HH3 wrote:I reinstalled No Mans Sky and had a crack. Very different game now. The game is more like what they advertised before release.

I used to have the game down pat, but now, it's like playing a whole new game. I'm struggling to get a hang of everything.

Worth a crack?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:42 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I reinstalled No Mans Sky and had a crack. Very different game now. The game is more like what they advertised before release.

I used to have the game down pat, but now, it's like playing a whole new game. I'm struggling to get a hang of everything.

Worth a crack?

Depends what you like. It's a very slow game, so if you dont have a couple of hours, it might get a bit boring.

All you really do is explore, discover things, build a base, and apparently now you can do different things to earn cash (farming, mining, science, etc).

I only just started again, so I've really go FA and havent done much more than repair my ship.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Groover » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Played 10mins of Destiny 2 before leaving for work this morning.
From what I saw it looks like I'll be spending countless hours playing this one too!

Anyone on XB1 hit me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Taking a bit of a gamble and bought no mans sky.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Keefy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 am

Ashes Cricket, the first cricket game from Big Ant Studios to be fully licensed, will be released in November and available on PS4, Xbox One and PC

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ashes-cr ... 2017-09-18
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am

Madden 17 yesterday. I've started a new career with the Texans with the new rosters.

Started the season a bit iffy with rookie QB DeShaun Watson.

The first game against the Bears, I used my timeouts too quick in the first half and ran out of time while driving down the field. On the last play of the game we were 3rd and goal on the 1 yard line. Tried a FB Dive straight up the middle and got stuffed. Lost that one.

Second game against Kansas City, the game started off as a shootout. Watson threw 4 picks, one being a 95 yard pick 6. Lost that one by a big margin.

Between the games I cut both Leckler (Punter) and Novak (Kicker) and signed Free Agent Pat McAfee. (purely because hes a gun and I like his Podcast). It also cleared about $900k in the salary cap. McAfee can punt and kick. Two birds one stone.

Third game was against the Patriots in Foxborough, Held Brady to eff all, picked him off twice, sacked him 6 times. The only score I put up was a field goal and a safety. We won our first game of the season 5-0.

Fourth game was against the Titans in Houston. The Titans scored first, and we replied pretty quickly. Our second TD was on a 51 yard post route. thrown perfectly to DeAndre Hopkins. BUT McAfee missed the extra point, making the score 13-7. Trust the only guy I signed so far potentially cost us the game. The Titans scored two field goals, tying the game, and sending us to overtime.

In OT, DeShaun Watson threw a pick, meaning the Titans only needed a FG to win it. On their first play, the Titans fumbled and we recovered. Watson drove the ball to the 28 yard line. I decided to go for the FG to end it. In this situation, the game makes it harder for you. The HUD disappears, the controller starts vibrating, and I started sweating. McAfee steps up to kick. Swings the boot. It's a low, hard kick. Scrapes over the bar. TEXANS WIN!

I had to turn it off and have a lie down.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Keefy wrote:Ashes Cricket, the first cricket game from Big Ant Studios to be fully licensed, will be released in November and available on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Sounds good but will it actually be any good? Wondering if it'll worth my time and money.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Keefy wrote:Ashes Cricket, the first cricket game from Big Ant Studios to be fully licensed, will be released in November and available on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Sounds good but will it actually be any good? Wondering if it'll worth my time and money.

If it's anything like the last EA sports one brought out for the 2007 (I reckon). THat was awesome

You could play shield, county and do tours of different countries. Plus edit and players and teams. Loved it
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

If it's anything like the last EA sports one brought out for the 2007 (I reckon). THat was awesome

You could play shield, county and do tours of different countries. Plus edit and players and teams. Loved it
Haha I was actually waiting for you to post about Cricket 07. Yes mate, still the best cricket game ever IMO because of all the game modes and tours, I still get my PS2 out and play it a few times during cricket season when I want a bit of a cricket game fix.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:59 am

nba 2k18 can eat my arse... and not in a good way
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm

HH3 wrote:Madden 17 yesterday. I've started a new career with the Texans with the new rosters.

Started the season a bit iffy with rookie QB DeShaun Watson.

The first game against the Bears, I used my timeouts too quick in the first half and ran out of time while driving down the field. On the last play of the game we were 3rd and goal on the 1 yard line. Tried a FB Dive straight up the middle and got stuffed. Lost that one.

Second game against Kansas City, the game started off as a shootout. Watson threw 4 picks, one being a 95 yard pick 6. Lost that one by a big margin.

Between the games I cut both Leckler (Punter) and Novak (Kicker) and signed Free Agent Pat McAfee. (purely because hes a gun and I like his Podcast). It also cleared about $900k in the salary cap. McAfee can punt and kick. Two birds one stone.

Third game was against the Patriots in Foxborough, Held Brady to eff all, picked him off twice, sacked him 6 times. The only score I put up was a field goal and a safety. We won our first game of the season 5-0.

Fourth game was against the Titans in Houston. The Titans scored first, and we replied pretty quickly. Our second TD was on a 51 yard post route. thrown perfectly to DeAndre Hopkins. BUT McAfee missed the extra point, making the score 13-7. Trust the only guy I signed so far potentially cost us the game. The Titans scored two field goals, tying the game, and sending us to overtime.

In OT, DeShaun Watson threw a pick, meaning the Titans only needed a FG to win it. On their first play, the Titans fumbled and we recovered. Watson drove the ball to the 28 yard line. I decided to go for the FG to end it. In this situation, the game makes it harder for you. The HUD disappears, the controller starts vibrating, and I started sweating. McAfee steps up to kick. Swings the boot. It's a low, hard kick. Scrapes over the bar. TEXANS WIN!

I had to turn it off and have a lie down.

I played one game last night.

It was the Vikings in Minnesota.

Can't remember the exact score, but for the second game in a row, I kicked a FG to win it as time expired.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Johno6 wrote:nba 2k18 can eat my arse... and not in a good way

haha what happened? i bought it sunday but I'm away for work so can't play it properly util next week
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Johno6 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 am

the gameplay is not great
so many missed easy lay ups and shots
lag is so bad with online play (worse than normal)

read comments on twitter about it on the 2k and 2ksupport pages
they are copping a hiding

people have had their my careers deleted and haven't had them returned for like a week
same with vc
shambles
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:40 am

Johno6 wrote:the gameplay is not great
so many missed easy lay ups and shots
lag is so bad with online play (worse than normal)

read comments on twitter about it on the 2k and 2ksupport pages
they are copping a hiding

people have had their my careers deleted and haven't had them returned for like a week
same with vc
shambles

Standard for most games these days.

F**ked for the first 3 or 4 weeks until they patch it.

MLB The Show was the same. Awesome game, but broken. They ended up giving anyone who logged in in the first week a shitload of packs in Diamond Dynasty.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:41 pm

2k aren't like that though
they wont give people shit
they will probably charge people for the next patch.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Playing no mans sky. Don't mind it, but pretty frustrating when I CANT GET OF MY ORIGINAL PLANET!!!!!!! Can't seem to find all the necessary minerals. And the environment my planet has, isn't great either. With inventory filling up pretty quickly that also annoys me. I actuallyy don't mind the game...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:29 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Playing no mans sky. Don't mind it, but pretty frustrating when I CANT GET OF MY ORIGINAL PLANET!!!!!!! Can't seem to find all the necessary minerals. And the environment my planet has, isn't great either. With inventory filling up pretty quickly that also annoys me. I actuallyy don't mind the game...

Yeah it's a bit tricky if you get plonked on a hot planet, with hostile sentries, and no resources.

Right now I'm on a moon, that is just flat grass, and very little resources. Can't find enough fuel to launch. Add to that the millions of creatures (all extremely hostile) and I'm not having a great time. :lol:

Much better than being too easy though.

Great game to relax with.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:10 pm

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Playing no mans sky. Don't mind it, but pretty frustrating when I CANT GET OF MY ORIGINAL PLANET!!!!!!! Can't seem to find all the necessary minerals. And the environment my planet has, isn't great either. With inventory filling up pretty quickly that also annoys me. I actuallyy don't mind the game...

Yeah it's a bit tricky if you get plonked on a hot planet, with hostile sentries, and no resources.

Right now I'm on a moon, that is just flat grass, and very little resources. Can't find enough fuel to launch. Add to that the millions of creatures (all extremely hostile) and I'm not having a great time. :lol:

Agreed.

My planet isn't hot, just toxic atmosphere... friendly wildlife. Plenty of fauna just a couple I need I can't find.

Getting the hang of the game now. Able to get further away from my plane and explore more...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Agreed.

My planet isn't hot, just toxic atmosphere... friendly wildlife. Plenty of fauna just a couple I need I can't find.

Getting the hang of the game now. Able to get further away from my plane and explore more...

Try to find a trading post, sell some shit you don't need and buy what you do.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:44 pm

I'll go exploring tonight.
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets