What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:TDK is the star wars game still worth getting?
Absolutely it is IMO, I love it. It has it's own fully fledged story but with lots of references to the Star Wars universe and lots of things to collect and places to explore if your the completionist type of gamer. It has many different kinds of enemies to fight and test yourself against and it is awesome running around and annihilating them with your lightsaber, the force powers are handy too. It can be quite frustrating as it can be quite difficult at times when you can't get past a boss or you're over run with enemies but as you progress, learn Cal's skills and upgrade his abilities it becomes easier.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:39 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:TDK is the star wars game still worth getting?
Absolutely it is IMO, I love it. It has it's own fully fledged story but with lots of references to the Star Wars universe and lots of things to collect and places to explore if your the completionist type of gamer. It has many different kinds of enemies to fight and test yourself against and it is awesome running around and annihilating them with your lightsaber, the force powers are handy too. It can be quite frustrating as it can be quite difficult at times when you can't get past a boss or you're over run with enemies but as you progress, learn Cal's skills and upgrade his abilities it becomes easier.


i got this the other day. At first i wasn't overly impressed. But giving it more of a go , i quite like it. Took me bloody ages to get out of the tomb though :roll: :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2841 times
Been liked: 2180 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:TDK is the star wars game still worth getting?
Absolutely it is IMO, I love it. It has it's own fully fledged story but with lots of references to the Star Wars universe and lots of things to collect and places to explore if your the completionist type of gamer. It has many different kinds of enemies to fight and test yourself against and it is awesome running around and annihilating them with your lightsaber, the force powers are handy too. It can be quite frustrating as it can be quite difficult at times when you can't get past a boss or you're over run with enemies but as you progress, learn Cal's skills and upgrade his abilities it becomes easier.

i got this the other day. At first i wasn't overly impressed. But giving it more of a go, i quite like it. Took me bloody ages to get out of the tomb though :roll: [emoji38]

Yeah it takes a little while to get used to the combat, I warmed to it immediately because the platforming is so similar to Uncharted. The Tomb on Zeffo (Tomb of Eilram) with the Tomb Guardians? It took me awhile to work out how to get out of there.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am

Finished Star Wars the other day... I liked the game, bit of a drag in parts, thought the maps were really frustrating at times. OK ending.

3 out of 5
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2841 times
Been liked: 2180 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby helicopterking » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:11 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Finished Star Wars the other day... I liked the game, bit of a drag in parts, thought the maps were really frustrating at times. OK ending.

3 out of 5


Thought it was a great game.
Didn’t like the ending much, wanted a little more Vader action.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 645 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am

helicopterking wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Finished Star Wars the other day... I liked the game, bit of a drag in parts, thought the maps were really frustrating at times. OK ending.

3 out of 5


Thought it was a great game.
Didn’t like the ending much, wanted a little more Vader action.



i didn't hate it. One playthrough will do... Easily the best Star Wars game i've played...

Yeah same about the ending. I kinda wanna know what happens next for them too. Cause you never hear from them again.

I did love majority of the story!! Loved the lightsaber battles
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2841 times
Been liked: 2180 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Finished Star Wars the other day... I liked the game, bit of a drag in parts, thought the maps were really frustrating at times. OK ending.

3 out of 5

Thought it was a great game.
Didn’t like the ending much, wanted a little more Vader action.

i didn't hate it. One playthrough will do... Easily the best Star Wars game i've played...

Yeah same about the ending. I kinda wanna know what happens next for them too. Cause you never hear from them again.

I did love majority of the story!! Loved the lightsaber battles

I knew from the start the end of Fallen Order will be a tricky to do as we know all the characters that get introduced into the Star Wars canon between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope are somewhat destined to be killed off. It did feel like they've kept Cal's story open for a sequel as they obviously didn't kill him off at the end.

The lightsaber combat is unreal, especially once you upgrade and unlock all your abilities where you become pretty much unstoppable slicing and dicing your way through enemies and geez I loved it.

Agree with your initial post, the maps can be frustrating to navigate if you're looking to go back to collect and unlock everything.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby BZB27 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Anyone downloaded CoD warfare yet
BZB27
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:57 pm
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby Johno6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm

yeah mate

actually digging it, i wasnt too sure as groundware didnt interest me

but get a trio together and get into it, good fun


will kill some time will in lock down...............
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12



Asterix Users - Squibs
User avatar
Johno6
Coach
 
Posts: 14643
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 589 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby BZB27 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Johno6 wrote:yeah mate

actually digging it, i wasnt too sure as groundware didnt interest me

but get a trio together and get into it, good fun


will kill some time will in lock down...............


Im more of a 2k and fifa sort but im loving it. A few from footy have it also so always got enough for trios
BZB27
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:57 pm
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 am

I played and finished Spiderman again and now I've started playing The Last of Us in anticipation for the sequel, whenever it's released and not delayed indefinitely.

The Last of Us 2 was initially was set to be released on February 21st then it was delayed until May 29th and now it's delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:54 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I played and finished Spiderman again and now I've started playing The Last of Us in anticipation for the sequel, whenever it's released and not delayed indefinitely.

The Last of Us 2 was initially was set to be released on February 21st then it was delayed until May 29th and now it's delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.


I absolutely loved that game TDK. Have they released any more adds on to it? I haven't played it since i finished the game and the add ons and that was well over a year ago
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6754
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:39 am

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I played and finished Spiderman again and now I've started playing The Last of Us in anticipation for the sequel, whenever it's released and not delayed indefinitely.

The Last of Us 2 was initially was set to be released on February 21st then it was delayed until May 29th and now it's delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.


I absolutely loved that game TDK. Have they released any more adds on to it? I haven't played it since i finished the game and the add ons and that was well over a year ago

No new add ons to the game as far as I know mate, I played new game plus so was able start again with everything I had finished with and then upgraded the rest of Spidy's gadgets like the suspension matrix which I didn't do when I played it previously. Starting the game again was initially easier with all the gadgets and upgrades but the various enemy goon hideouts towards the end of the game were still quite difficult.

There's a fair bit of talk around the sequel now, I've watched a fair few YouTube videos about it in anticipation haha.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby helicopterking » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:19 am

Resident Evil 3
Good Game but god it was short.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 645 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I played and finished Spiderman again and now I've started playing The Last of Us in anticipation for the sequel, whenever it's released and not delayed indefinitely.

The Last of Us 2 was initially was set to be released on February 21st then it was delayed until May 29th and now it's delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.


I absolutely loved that game TDK. Have they released any more adds on to it? I haven't played it since i finished the game and the add ons and that was well over a year ago

No new add ons to the game as far as I know mate, I played new game plus so was able start again with everything I had finished with and then upgraded the rest of Spidy's gadgets like the suspension matrix which I didn't do when I played it previously. Starting the game again was initially easier with all the gadgets and upgrades but the various enemy goon hideouts towards the end of the game were still quite difficult.

There's a fair bit of talk around the sequel now, I've watched a fair few YouTube videos about it in anticipation haha.


After reading your post TDK i played a couple of hours of Spiderman on new game plus. Took me a bit to get used to the web slinging again :lol: . Did you just play the story line or did you do all the side missions as well? Having the electric fists as my bonus for the suit this early was a breeze going into battles. Will play it sporadically again i reckon.

regarding the sequel, I've read there's a good chance its being made for PS5!
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6754
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:53 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I played and finished Spiderman again and now I've started playing The Last of Us in anticipation for the sequel, whenever it's released and not delayed indefinitely.

The Last of Us 2 was initially was set to be released on February 21st then it was delayed until May 29th and now it's delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.


I absolutely loved that game TDK. Have they released any more adds on to it? I haven't played it since i finished the game and the add ons and that was well over a year ago

No new add ons to the game as far as I know mate, I played new game plus so was able start again with everything I had finished with and then upgraded the rest of Spidy's gadgets like the suspension matrix which I didn't do when I played it previously. Starting the game again was initially easier with all the gadgets and upgrades but the various enemy goon hideouts towards the end of the game were still quite difficult.

There's a fair bit of talk around the sequel now, I've watched a fair few YouTube videos about it in anticipation haha.


After reading your post TDK i played a couple of hours of Spiderman on new game plus. Took me a bit to get used to the web slinging again [emoji38] . Did you just play the story line or did you do all the side missions as well? Having the electric fists as my bonus for the suit this early was a breeze going into battles. Will play it sporadically again i reckon.

regarding the sequel, I've read there's a good chance its being made for PS5!

Ahaha nice!
I redid everything, main story, sise missions and collectables.
Yeah that's a very handy suit power especially when dealing with the large thugs who carry the miniguns.
And yes looks like the sequel will come out on PS5.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:41 am

downloaded the nathan drake collection last night, it was free on the network. anyone played those games and are they worth it?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2841 times
Been liked: 2180 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:downloaded the nathan drake collection last night, it was free on the network. anyone played those games and are they worth it?
Absolutely bargin that deal, I saw it the other day. Definitely worth it, I have all three of them on PS3 and they are great games (especially Uncharted 2) aswell as A Thiefs End and The Lost Legacy on PS4.
As they are made by Naughty Dog you will notice they play very similar to The Last of Us.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28830
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6600 times
Been liked: 987 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:28 pm

Giving i have a fair bit of spare time on my hands and im trying to avoid using the Sportsbet app i've began playing Football Manager 2020 again.

Not everyone's cup of tea i can appreciate that but i enjoy sitting down with a nice coffee or beer and being able to escape reality for a few hours.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21026
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3451 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:45 am

got nba2k20 for $7 on the psn... Couldn't really pass that up
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2841 times
Been liked: 2180 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest