Star Wars: The Old Republic

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby Dog_ger » Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Level 19 commando.

Struggling to solo from here.

Any suggestions Wedgie...? :D
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 am

my suggestions (for what they are worth...) make sure you are geared up to your level. make sure your companion is geared up for your level. stats on gear make a MASSIVE difference to your effectiveness, and to your companions effectiveness. i think your primary stat is aim?? ensure your gear is weighted to that stat and it will increase both your damage output, and survivability. next is probably endurance.

i havent played a commando so i am not sure on playstyle or the companions you have a choice of, but depending on your choice of skill tree (damage, tanking or healing, not sure which is available for commando's) pick an appropriate companion to compliment yourself.

from memory, at that level you should have one companion and your ship droid? (that is if you have your spaceship) for now you may be best off using the droid as your companion as he is a relatively competent healer (you will get access at some point to a better one), which can make all the difference in surviving a fight long enough to kill off all the enemies.

also just as a silly suggestion, you have trained all available skills? sometimes people miss that there are 2 tabs when you go to the trainer after level 10. you may have missed half of your potential abilities!!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby zipzap » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 am

since this game is free now, I went to download it but it's a huuuge filesize. So I thought I'd check out some reviews and apparently the 'free' version cuts out a lot of desirable options, which of course you can add on later at a price. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the free version, whether it's worth the bother and the whopping download?
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Lost interest in the game zipper.

Everything colored grey. :(

Warcraft is much better colored for interest sake.

In my oppinion. :D

Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 am

for anyone still playing, the expansion "rise of the hutt cartel" has been announced for the 14th of april. a new planet, level cap increase to 55 (only 5 more than currently) and i think some new endgame content (an op and a warzone or two?) im looking forward to it.

also, for anyone levelling, they are running double experience weekends to help people get to 50, and thereby take advantage of the expansion when it is released. its helped me get my 5th max level toon (all empire ;)), and helped several others progress faster than usual. i might eventually get a republic 50 toon as well :shock:

for anyone from here playing, if you are on dalborra server and need a hand just let me know. im still on most nights.

edit: hmmm maybe scratch my above offer. it seems that swtor will be closing the aussie servers and migrating everyone to us ones. seems like people in my guild will be re evaluating their playing, and i dont see me continuing to play alone*. i might check out the expansion and give it up.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Is it worth re-visiting...?

I don't think so.... :D