Star Wars: The Old Republic

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby Westsider » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Dog_ger wrote:Isn't everything digital Download these days.... :shock: :shock: :D

What's a Disc...? :shock:

You x2 old fella's... :oops: ;)

It's not slated for release in Australia until March 2012.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Westsider » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Downloading now... key bought.

Slow download though, should be playing tomorrow night!
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Where from?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Westsider » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:27 am

Wedgie wrote:Where from?

Bought key from G2Play
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 am

Westsider wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Where from?

Bought key from G2Play

Cheers!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 am

i got a key from there too, and i happened to have a mate that had the download already so i just copied it :)

what class are you guys plannign on going Westsider and Wedgie?

i am up to level 22 now, for some reason i havent found much time to play over the last four or so days ;) still loving it, although i seem to gain new quests much quicker than i am finishing them!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 am

Well Im hooked after buying it on Saturday from EB.
Unlike WoW its actually fun instead of a grind and really reminds us how old Wow actually is.
Servers went down for 4 hours last night and I couldnt even be bothered logging onto Wow!
Still no server transfers available so Im trying to not put too much time into.characters as Ill start afresh next month when the Aussie servers kick in.
Empire side seems much more fun. My favourite class at the moment would be a Sith Inquisitor. I really like how the companions work and I like how you virtually have choice of 6 different specs when you hit level 10 and how theres a lot of hybrid action. Cant wait for level 25 to get a mount!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:16 am

the mounts make a huge difference. each new planet you go to gets much bigger (i suspect that is similar to WoW) save your pennies though. 40k credits to train, then another 8k to buy a mount. worth it though.

i currently have a level 44 sith warrior marauder(dps), and a level 22 sith inquisitor sorceror(heals). after playing both, the sorceror is easy mode! i reckon it does the same Dps as my marauder (or even more!) but has healing capabilities too! and i LOVE force lightning :) just stand back, let my tank companion charge in (Khem Val for the win) and just fry them from range. i am even able to solo without my companion things that i only just managed to beat with my marauder and companion!! (although i suspect that is partly due to experience) supposedly the marauder is getting a buff soon.

get used to maintenance too. seems to be every tuesday, starting from around 6.30, usually for several hours :roll: also, there have already been three or four times that they have released a patch on tuesday night, then had to release another patch wednesday night to fix that patch (and one week where it was down for three patches in three nights!) frustrating but at least things are geting fixed. i almost wish though that they seperated the servers for patches. take down the us servers for a patch, but leave the euro ones up, i would happily play on other servers while my main one was down, but unfortunately they seem to take everything down at once.

what server are you on Wedgie?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 am

I upgraded my account to include a free mount so at least Ill only have to worry about the training.

I currently have toons on Shadowtown and the Swiftsure.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 am

nice. how are you finding the heroic quests? is it easy to find groups? i found that i could usually get a group together in the first few planets, but once you get higher people lose interest in the group stuff. that and the populations arent as high on the later planets. it started to bevcome much harder around tattooine for me, made it hard cos i am being ocd and i want to do all of the quests a least once :lol:

free mount would have helped, but the training is the killer part. i just upgraded to speeder training level two (at level 40) and that is 210k... supposedly level three (obtained at character level 50) is over 300k. even training basic skills at the moment is up to nearly 30k a piece. i am that broke i constantly have 4 companions off slicing to make money! i think i have wasted a lot of money moving mods around on my equipment.

meanwhile, that is a good tip too. once you have more companions you can have some off gathering or crafting while you still have one with you, very handy. i have unlocked all of the companions on my marauder and i can have one with me and four off working for me. supposedly when i make level 50 i can have 5 off doing things too. at this point though that will be a while away. i have hit a bit of a wall with my marauder and have been playing my sorceror more, at some point i want to try out the other classes too, and i will eventually try some sith/light side characters. there is just something about seeing a "bad guy" runnign around with a blue or green light sabre ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

righto, for those that are interested it has been confirmed that it will be possible to transfer toons to different servers, link below. however it hasnt been mentioned how, or how much. i would suspect that it will be possible for a fee...

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

tipper wrote:righto, for those that are interested it has been confirmed that it will be possible to transfer toons to different servers, link below. however it hasnt been mentioned how, or how much. i would suspect that it will be possible for a fee...

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

Great news but if there is no definite date by the time the Aussie servers come up then Ill probably just start afresh.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm

yeah, i would have thought that if they were going to have a transfer system up and running by the time aussie servers start they would have more detail by now. it is less than a month away isnt it?

meanwhile, the main thing i want to know with aussie servers is, will the downtime for patches/maintenance be aussie friendly? currently they take down US and Euro servers at the same time, all up or all down. they have stated that this will not change as the "dont want to give some people access to new stuff before others", but if the "aussie" servers are on the same timetable, whats the point of calling them aussie servers?

i understand maintenance is a necessary evil, and patches are great, but since launch there has been several times they have patched on a tuesday night (our time) and then patched wednesday and even thursday as well, to fix that patch. that is three days i cant play (it usually goes down at 6.30 ish our time, for four hours or more, and i am old, i cant stay up that late :lol: ) so it is becoming annoying.

i realise once the game isnt so new it will stabilise and wont be the same, but before i switch i want to know that the downtimes will be scheduled for an aussie friendly time. if they are ill happily start afresh, or even pay a reasonable amount to move my toons, its part of the reason i have limited myself to only 2 so far!
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

if anyone is still interested, confirmation that aussie servers will actually be located in australia, and more confirmation on toon swapping

http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-rei ... ranscript/

edited to fix the link
Last edited by tipper on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm

tipper wrote:if anyone is still interested, confirmation that aussie servers will actually be located in australia, and more confirmation on toon swapping

toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-reid-qa-summary-transcript/

Cheers mate, always interested, still not sure whether to go hell for leather on my current toons or just concentrate on the ones I start afresh on the Aussie servers.

PS Can't get that link to work.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 am

sorry about the link, should be fixed now.

from talking to others in my guild, they are leaning to moving servers when the aussie ones start up. i will still have reservations until i know about maintenance times, but to be honest, if the rest of them move over ill follow too regardless. they are a good group.

ill be interested to see what sort of capacity the aussie servers have too, at a guess i would think they will initially be like the busy US ones, start out with waiting times and then slowly up the capacity to meet the demand. could be a couple of weeks of long waits to log in to begin with.

edit:

Official launch date of aussie servers announced, March 1. further confirmation of a limited time (i believe free) toon transfer to aussie servers for those who wish to do so. only a couple of weeks away now.

www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120214
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 pm

ok, aussie servers are supposedly launched tonight!! 9.31 pm tonight adelaide time

according to the official swtor forums those eligible for free transfers to the new servers will receive an email later this week asking wether we want to transfer.

those eligible need to have characters created before yesterday, and have their country of origin set as australia.

at this point there will be three servers, Dalbora (PvE), Master Dar'Nala (PvP), and Gav Daragon (RP PvE). supposedly if demand requires they will open up more servers as well.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm

tipper wrote:ok, aussie servers are supposedly launched tonight!! 9.31 pm tonight adelaide time

according to the official swtor forums those eligible for free transfers to the new servers will receive an email later this week asking wether we want to transfer.

those eligible need to have characters created before yesterday, and have their country of origin set as australia.

at this point there will be three servers, Dalbora (PvE), Master Dar'Nala (PvP), and Gav Daragon (RP PvE). supposedly if demand requires they will open up more servers as well.

Thanks for the info Tipper, got my Imperial Agent up to level 37 so will be transferring him across. Will be on the PVP server for sure, hopefully see you on Master Dar'Nala.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm

hmmm, i think my guild is going to the PvE server, but i might start a new toon on the PvP server to check it out. nothing like geting my arse kicked by teenagers :)

i have my marauder up to 49, hopefully ill ding 50 tonight or tomorrow night, and i have a sorceror up to level 30. I started a sniper too, named after the wife, lol, but she is only up to level 8 or so, i am still having fun with my light sabres! oooh shiny ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 pm

They came up a bit early, luckily I got on the pvp server and reserved a heap of names before a waiting list started.
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets