Star Wars: The Old Republic

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 am

yeah, i saw they filled up pretty quickly. i actually didnt get on, i was busy getting my marauder to the level 50 cap. and i am not actually that attached to the names of my toons so it wont bother me if i have to get new ones when i get them moved. most of them were just using the random button!

now we just have to wait for the email to nominate for the transfer. i reckon all of the unofficial australian servers will be a bit quiet once we all jump ship! there was already complaints in general chat last night from the yanks on the harbinger server that they wont have any population when they play late us time!

not sure what capacity the new servers have though, a couple of my guild mates rolled new characters on the PvE server and while the server indicator showed very heavy there were only 40 odd people on korriban. if there were soimilar numbers on Hutta that isnt too many people to fill it up. i know there would have been others on republic side, but so far on the existing servers it seems that Empire is by far the most populous choice.

hopefully they increase capacity promptly, once existing toons are transferred i would suspect there will be lengthy wait times to get in otherwise.

Edit: Bugger, just read on the SWTOR FAQ's about the new servers that transfers will be late April, date yet to be confirmed. supposedly eligible accounts will receive an email in early march with more info.... looks like we will have to wait 2 months...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Is there an Safooty force?

Where do we go to unite us all?

Safooty Family... :D
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 pm

While I'm scattered all over the place atm Dogger, I will eventually have all my toons on the pvp aussie server and have a few mates who will be in a guild together so if you go there we will catch up eventually. Of course you'll have to be Empire, if you're a Rebel I'll just kill you instead. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:40 pm

As with wedgie i too am a little spread out. However all my characters will eventually end up on the Australian PvE server. also as with Wedgie though, make sure you go empire, otherwise you are the enemy!!

how quiet are the US servers now the aussie ones are open? i have hardly used my toons on the us servers as i feel like the only on ethere in our prime times!

did you see some of the stuff that was talked about at the guild summit wedgie? they have released a heap of info on the legacy system. what benefits you will get from it etc. ill see if i can find a link for you if you like. looks like some really handy features coming up
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah had a look at what will be in 1.2, looks good. Hard to comment on the pop of the US server Im on as Ive found the higher level Iam the less people on planets anyway. Almost level 44 now.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah had a look at what will be in 1.2, looks good. Hard to comment on the pop of the US server Im on as Ive found the higher level Iam the less people on planets anyway. Almost level 44 now.

yeah it drops off very quickly doesnt it! even considering that though things are dead on the Harbinger. i have my level 50 marauder (only just ticked over to 50 so he isnt geared up yet) a level 30 sorceror and a level 7 agent on the Harbinger.

Up to level 20 on the aussie server with my assassin though. it is much easier to fly through the early stuff now that i have done it several times now. the only frustration i have there though is too much population, lol. it seems every time i have to loot some specific thing there is a que of people waiting for it! i reckon as with the us servers that will tail off a bit in the higher levels, but still retain a reasonable population.

My guild is trying our first operation friday night too. i am looking forward to seeing how it works. i never played WoW so not sure what to expect. thankfully being a dps spec i can just concentrate on killing stuff! would have been nice to try it o the new servers, but not to be. only 7 weeks to go till we get a transfer ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 am

In the US tonights episode of the Big Bang Theory is about SWTOR. Theyre asking if people think Sheldon would play Empire or Republic. I'd say Empire for sure!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:47 am

absolutely, that way no one would stand in the way of his "experiments", that and the fact i think he would want to have sith force choking/lightning powers to use on anyone he didnt like. remember when he was trying to make leonards head explode with his thoughts?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Got my Imperial Agent to Level 50 today. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:49 am

Good work wedgie. is it a good storyline? my agent is only level 11 so far (i have gone sniper with her) i like it so far, but it took me a while to get used to fighting at range and with a blaster. my first three toons have been force users so it took me a little while to adjust but it is pretty fun.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dog_ger » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:Got my Imperial Agent to Level 50 today. :D

Hi my friend,

How did you get to level 50 so Blink'n quick...? :shock: :shock: :oops:

I'm struggl'n at level 13... :oops: :D

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby tipper » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

mate i would suggest that wedgie did it in a moderate amount of time. supposedly there were people with level 50's within 8 days of go live. i myself have a level 50, 30, 24, 17 and 14. my level 50 is in crap gear, but the others do alright for their teir. mind you i did start when servers went live in the us, i assume dogger you have only been playing since aussie servers started?

edit: meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with taking you time levelling either, enjoy the journey!
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Got my sith warrior marauder up to 22 now, only playing him and possibly a bounty hunter as they're on the same server as my level 50 so I get legacy and all were created in time for the transfer next month. Enjoying the marauder and this is someone who doesn't normally enjoy playing melee dps.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 pm

marauder was my first character, and i enjoyed it too. gotta love dual light sabres! pretty good dps on it too, although from what i understand, not quite as good as the sniper.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dog_ger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Anyone come across.

You have been placed in a queue.

Server is full.... :shock: WTF...?

currently 335 in queue.... :shock:

I cannot get on.

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Nah mate, Im working on the transfer before I start playing on the Aussie servrers as I gain legacy only on the server where my level 50 is, got my bounty hunter up to 21 tonight as couldn't level my warrior past 31 as my son wants to level with me when Im on that toon. :twisted:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 am

Dog_ger wrote:Anyone come across.

You have been placed in a queue.

Server is full.... :shock: WTF...?

currently 335 in queue.... :shock:

I cannot get on.

yep, happened all the time upon first release. not so much anymore. the servers only have so much capacity. hopefully they increase the capacity before the server transfers are done. at the moment like Wedgie i am mainly still playing on US servers, and i would assume many others are as well. i would expect population to increase dramatically once every toon is on the aussie servers.

unfortunately when it does happen you just have to wait it out. go get a beer or three and surf the net while waiting!
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Aussie servers down.

Back on line now.

I've got about 6+ toons.

All low level, and trying to build em all up evenly.

I intend to be here for a while.... :D

Good tips Tipper... :D

One day we will all have to get together as a safooty force... ;)

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Can't say if its better than WOW just yet.

My toons are all at a low level.... :D

Dog_ger
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 am

just as a suggestion Dogger, pick one toon and level that one to the end of "act 1" (around level 35 i think) that unlocks your legacy name (basically a surname at this point) which all of your toons will share. then, when levelling your other toons they will contribute to your legacy points and level, which will unlock some pretty cool stuff when update 1.2 comes in (supposedly in early-mid april).

meanwhile it isnt a massive deal not to do it that way, only an idea. i have read some of the upcoming legacy stuff and it looks pretty good.
tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets