Blackberry

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Blackberry

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 am

Optus recently have pushed the Blackberry to business plan holders with a free tablet which I took up.
Tell me, all the apps seem to be American based in their blackberry store, how, where can I get AFL, cricket etc apps & get them into my phone.
Remembering that I'm pretty illiterate in this area (just ask Wedgie or TSG) so keep it simple please.
Muchos gracious.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Re: Blackberry

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:52 am

I'll give it a week before you give it to one of your offspring.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 am

Throw it at the missus and get something useful Sheik.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 am

Correct, just about binned it within 5 minutes with it's girl fingers keypad until the 13yo watching in disgust tilted the thing.
Getting used to it now & the tablet lets me bet & sloth simultaneously.
Does what I need, anything better would be feeding strawberries to pigs.

So, how do I go about getting these appy thingys? I just need bom, sportsbet & IAS so.........

TSG, you have all the time in the world playing with your gadget, look it up for me or I'll give your trailer park boys ticket to the homeless.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby Westsider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:23 pm

What tablet is it?
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Correct, just about binned it within 5 minutes with it's girl fingers keypad until the 13yo watching in disgust tilted the thing.

So, how do I go about getting these appy thingys? I just need bom, sportsbet & IAS so.........

TSG, you have all the time in the world playing with your gadget, look it up for me or I'll give your trailer park boys ticket to the homeless.

Rather than a homeless person get my ticket, you should have Blackberry App World already on the tablet. If not google it, and download/install the program onto your tablet. Then it should just be a case of opening it, finding the apps you are after and downloading them. You will have to create an account, but once that is done, the whole process of buying apps will be a piece of piss.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:17 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Correct, just about binned it within 5 minutes with it's girl fingers keypad until the 13yo watching in disgust tilted the thing.

Rather than a homeless person get my ticket, you should have Blackberry App World already on the tablet. If not google it, and download/install the program onto your tablet. Then it should just be a case of opening it, finding the apps you are after and downloading them. You will have to create an account, but once that is done, the whole process of buying apps will be a piece of piss.

You lost him at "homeless".
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Blackberry App world just has mainly seppo apps, type in AFL & it says no matches.
I'm after Australian apps.

edit- have downloaded & installed it.
Last edited by Sheik Yerbouti on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Westsider wrote:What tablet is it?

Blackberry 32gb Playbook
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby smac » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Now head back to the first two replies in this thread!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Optus recently have pushed the Blackberry to business plan holders with a free tablet which I took up.
Tell me, all the apps seem to be American based in their blackberry store, how, where can I get AFL, cricket etc apps & get them into my phone.
Remembering that I'm pretty illiterate in this area (just ask Wedgie or TSG) so keep it simple please.
Muchos gracious.

They still make phones for men you know...
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Optus recently have pushed the Blackberry to business plan holders with a free tablet which I took up.
Muchos gracious.

They still make phones for men you know...

You still use a stylus input?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Found this phone next to Punks locker, not saying that.................

Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby Westsider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 pm

You wont find many Aussie apps in the BB Market. Most developers are concentrating on iApps and AApps.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 am

Westsider is right Sheik, basically you're ****ed.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:31 am

Reckon that's f**ked? The NAB have lost a 10k cheque on me, Merry Christmas you drunken pencil necked windowlickers (oh no sir, you don't have to line up, just place it in the deposit chute)
Yeah, given up on the apps for now, thanks Westsider.
Have managed to download the sites I wanted on the homepage plus a couple of useful apps from the all American store (canadian football anyone). Cameras pretty high quality, so the kids say. & just to prove Wedgie & TSG wrong I managed (with a lot of f*ck sounds) to load images into my computer from the phone.

Worse comes to worse just checked that my insurance is up to date & that I'm working on a pool coping in a fortnight.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:09 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Reckon that's f**ked? The NAB have lost a 10k cheque on me, Merry Christmas you drunken pencil necked windowlickers (oh no sir, you don't have to line up, just place it in the deposit chute)
Have managed to download the sites I wanted on the homepage plus a couple of useful apps from the all American store (canadian football anyone). Cameras pretty high quality, so the kids say. & just to prove Wedgie & TSG wrong I managed (with a lot of f*ck sounds) to load images into my computer from the phone.

Worse comes to worse just checked that my insurance is up to date & that I'm working on a pool coping in a fortnight.

Sorry Sheik, but staying off topic, a mate had the same thing happen. The ANZ charged him a dishonour fee because of a lost cheque which was not his fault. Now to get the 30 bucks back (for a $25 cheque) he has to prove it was "lost by ANZ". How the f*** do you do that?

I've worked for two banks, and they have a plan whereby if anyone ever mentions the word ombudsman they jump to attention. So my suggestion is that you ring them and say "I'm going to call the ombudsman". You should get something done pretty quickly. Best of luck with the cheque and blackberry!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:36 am

Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:46 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Reckon that's f**ked? The NAB have lost a 10k cheque on me, Merry Christmas you drunken pencil necked windowlickers (oh no sir, you don't have to line up, just place it in the deposit chute)

Sorry Sheik, but staying off topic, a mate had the same thing happen. The ANZ charged him a dishonour fee because of a lost cheque which was not his fault. Now to get the 30 bucks back (for a $25 cheque) he has to prove it was "lost by ANZ". How the f*** do you do that?

I've worked for two banks, and they have a plan whereby if anyone ever mentions the word ombudsman they jump to attention. So my suggestion is that you ring them and say "I'm going to call the ombudsman". You should get something done pretty quickly. Best of luck with the cheque and blackberry!

Problem solved, last night I went to town on the smiley little elfin who's on customer service. Pointed out that if this cheque aint recognized by Wednesday morning a significant number of creditors will have payments bouncing all over the joint & the credit will be halted. I think the threat that a large fat man will be standing at the door of the bank 9am on Wednesday morning with the phone numbers of the writer of the cheque & the creditors for my ''Small Business Consultant'' to ring & explain that they f*cked up did the trick.
Oh, & when elfin girl wished me a merry christmas I got to say ''same to you unfortunately mine will be a c*nt'' that was nice.

It has happened to me before so more fool I. Cheque recognized 9am this morning.

Punk Rooster wrote:http://www.rocketrooster.com/NAFC/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nokia&start=0

Your a bastard Punky, well spotted, if your handballs were as sharp as your memory I may let you have the honour of playing alongside my son in the almighty A5's.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 am

Bump

The Blackberry handset finally gave up the ghost. Wouldn't recharge so swapped back to the oldie & OPTUS refunded me $250 off my bill eventually after I explained that the operator sold me a piece of shit totally unsuitable for my needs.
My dilemma is that now the Blackberry Playbook has also decided to not charge up, this is a pity as it was useful when away from home.
Is there any way I can get these things charged ? Have some photos & stuff I'd like to rescue before the phone gets the masonry wall treatment.

Ended up with a Moterola Defy, cheap, does all the tricks needed & replaceable.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Next

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets