Vodafone worst for customer satisfaction, study finds

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Vodafone worst for customer satisfaction, study finds

Postby RustyCage » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/vodafone-worst-for-customer-service--study-finds.html

A day after Harvey Norman was revealed as the retailer with the poorest customer service rating, Vodafone has been named the worst telco for customer satisfaction.

According to a mobile-lifestyle study released by the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association, less than 50 per cent of Vodafone customers were satisfied with the provider.

The study published by News Limited reports a 42 per cent drop in customer satisfaction for Vodafone – from 88 cent ranking in 2010 to 61 per cent in 2011.

Virgin Mobile came out tops with the best satisfaction ratings for smartphone choice, recording an 80 per cent satisfaction rate.

Optus was a near second, recording a 67 per cent satisfaction rate.

Technical issues, network outages and poor response is being blamed for the slide in Vodafone’s ratings. Both phone calls and text messages were affected by the outages.

The problems were so bad it prompted the company's CEO, Nigel Dews to issue an apology to disappointed customers on Vodafone's blog in December of 2010.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: Vodafone worst for customer satisfaction, study finds

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

why it doesn't surprise me that vodafone is the worst how many people actually did the survey.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Strawb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:06 pm

kickinit wrote:why it doesn't surprise me that vodafone is the worst how many people actually did the survey.

all of vodaphone's current and ex customers.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby kickinit » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:04 pm

It's a crap survey which means nothing. I've shopped at Harvey Norman never did a survey. I'm a Optus and Telstra customer and never done a survey. So if they did survey all of Vodafone how can they what Telstra and Optus results are
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby tigermad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:37 pm

never done the survey but vodaphone suck big time worst coverage worst service never again !!
tigermad
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Alaska » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:06 pm

I have been with Vodafone for many, many years and have not had a problem. They were the only telco the guaranteed service at my house when I started. They even contacted me to say I was paying to much and suggested another plan which I took up and it has saved me heaps.
I have never done a survey though.
:?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I've been with Telstra, Three and Vodaphone. Vodaphone is the only telco that gives me coverage at my suburban home, twas a no brainer for me. Pay twice as much for Telstra and get no coverage, no thanks. Three gave me occasional coverage if I stood at the top of my driveway. Besides that I'm only interested in internet for my phone in the CBD or on the way home and it works beautifully.
Find it hard when at sporting events of more then 25,000 to get decent internet but that's about it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 pm

pafc1870 wrote:http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/vodafone-worst-for-customer-service--study-finds.html

A day after Harvey Norman was revealed as the retailer with the poorest customer service rating, Vodafone has been named the worst telco for customer satisfaction.

According to a mobile-lifestyle study released by the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association, less than 50 per cent of Vodafone customers were satisfied with the provider.

The study published by News Limited reports a 42 per cent drop in customer satisfaction for Vodafone – from 88 cent ranking in 2010 to 61 per cent in 2011.

Virgin Mobile came out tops with the best satisfaction ratings for smartphone choice, recording an 80 per cent satisfaction rate.

Optus was a near second, recording a 67 per cent satisfaction rate.

Technical issues, network outages and poor response is being blamed for the slide in Vodafone’s ratings. Both phone calls and text messages were affected by the outages.

The problems were so bad it prompted the company's CEO, Nigel Dews to issue an apology to disappointed customers on Vodafone's blog in December of 2010.

:-bd VM is very good, never had a problem with them. IMO their plan deals are pretty good.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 am

I have no real grizzles about Vodafone either.
Occasionally, SMS messages are slightly delayed coming, but so long as I get them it doesn't bother me.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets