Boffins- attention please

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Boffins- attention please

Postby dedja » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 pm

no, you're right ... the world will end

chillax
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

dedja wrote:no, you're right ... the world will end

chillax

yeh but I suppose you still don't think it's a big issue?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

dedja wrote:Anyway, believe what you will. Punk can make up his own mind most probably.

Hmmm, I could argue this point quite successfully...
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 am

Risky! LOL
Only if you're a complete retard and if you are then the Iphone is for you.
I had more problems with apps when I had an Iphone and that archaic device can only run one at a time!
Youll be fine Punk, these days I hardly bother with anti viruses for my pc and wouldnt even consider it for my tablet or phone I just use a bit of common sense and manage to get by.
But if you have tendency to click on links that tell you you won overseas lotteries that you never entered then perhaps get some software (or purchase something from Apple) ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 am

Wedgie wrote:Risky! LOL
I had more problems with apps when I had an Iphone and that archaic device can only run one at a time!
Youll be fine Punk, these days I hardly bother with anti viruses for my pc and wouldnt even consider it for my tablet or phone I just use a bit of common sense and manage to get by.
But if you have tendency to click on links that tell you you won overseas lotteries that you never entered then perhaps get some software (or purchase something from Apple) ;)

typical excuse from someone that hates apple and can't give a reason that warrants anything. So wedgie i'll ask you 175,000,000 downloads of risky apps in the top 500 of google's app store isn't risky? So you saying you had virus and malware with apps from apple app store?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 am

I dont hate Apple mate. I had an Iphone for 2 years when IMHO it was the best product for what I wanted to pay at that time. I dont care what brand something is, I just progress to what I determine is eiher the best or the best value. Ironically one of he few things I did like about the Iphone was its smaller size but it haw since made the bloody thing larger eliminating probably the last selling point it had for me.
If someone who IT illiterate, very young or very old wants a smart phone and is unlikely to drop them I'd probably recommend an Iphone too. Different courses for different horses.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 am

kickinit wrote:so what because every system is vulnerable don't worry about virusus protection? No one can deny that android is a risky option and it always will be while it's "free and open".

Doesn't seem to be a problem for the linux community, whilst for the Microsoft world ... oh, nevermind
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 am

And just for the record kick, phones Ive owned have been NEC, Phillips, Motorola, Palm, Nokia, Sony, Apple and Samsung. The only company Ive bought more than one phone for myself from was Nokia. Im hardly a loyalist to any brand like yourself.
Oh and while I dont hate Apple I will admit to hating Itunes and with a passion! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 am

Samsung Galaxys do everything Iphones do, plus more, without the inconvenience that is Itunes. The only Apple product I own is an Ipod Touch, and only because my car came with an Ipod plug. I rarely update my music though because its a **** nightmare doing it through Itunes.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am

Wedgie wrote:And just for the record kick, phones Ive owned have been NEC, Phillips, Motorola, Palm, Nokia, Sony, Apple and Samsung. The only company Ive bought more than one phone for myself from was Nokia. Im hardly a loyalist to any brand like yourself.
Oh and while I dont hate Apple I will admit to hating Itunes and with a passion! ;)

i've actually owned more nokia phones then any other phone. while i do love apple products is simply because there a leader in technology and make great products.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 am

HH3 wrote:Samsung Galaxys do everything Iphones do, plus more, without the inconvenience that is Itunes. The only Apple product I own is an Ipod Touch, and only because my car came with an Ipod plug. I rarely update my music though because its a **** nightmare doing it through Itunes.

HAHA itunes a nightmare? you really should delete that post. how is itunes a nightmare to update music you click one button and it does it for you.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 pm

oh and wedgie can you answer my question dedja went running from it one of you have to answer it if you saying virus protection isn't needed
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm

kickinit wrote:
HH3 wrote:Samsung Galaxys do everything Iphones do, plus more, without the inconvenience that is Itunes. The only Apple product I own is an Ipod Touch, and only because my car came with an Ipod plug. I rarely update my music though because its a **** nightmare doing it through Itunes.

HAHA itunes a nightmare? you really should delete that post. how is itunes a nightmare to update music you click one button and it does it for you.

To clear out what you dont want, then put in what you do want is a massive **** around. All they have to do is incorporate the Cut & Paste function. I dont use Itunes as my default media player, so all my music has to be converted into Itunes as well, which takes ages.

And unless you want every single song you have on Itunes on the Ipod, its not just clicking one button.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Yep, iTunes is a nightmare. I've an iPhone 4, and am happy with it (sure there might be something better out there but this one does what I want it to). I don't have music on it because I was sick of having to put whole albums on instead of being able to choose one or two songs here and there. iTunes is slow, bulky, intrusive and I'm sick of having to wait for everything to sync when I plug my phone in. The saving grace for the iPhone here is I only need to do it every few weeks just to transfer photos over onto my laptop
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

kickinit wrote:oh and wedgie can you answer my question dedja went running from it one of you have to answer it if you saying virus protection isn't needed

Mate, I've been in the IT industry for 25 years ... I don't have to explain myself to those that choose to be ignorant.

I'll say for the last time, believe what you want and perhaps learn how to read as the info is already in front of you.
dedja
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Fords are faster than Holdens and Fujitsu fridges kick arse over Westinghouse.

PS Kooga>Kappa too!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

HH3 wrote:To clear out what you dont want, then put in what you do want is a massive **** around. All they have to do is incorporate the Cut & Paste function. I dont use Itunes as my default media player, so all my music has to be converted into Itunes as well, which takes ages.

And unless you want every single song you have on Itunes on the Ipod, its not just clicking one button.

to clear out what you don't want is as simple as right click and clicking on delete. so you don't use itunes as as your default media player, so then wouldn't that mean your only using itunes as for your apple device, which should mean you shold only have songs you want on your apple device in there.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:22 pm

pafc1870 wrote:Yep, iTunes is a nightmare. I've an iPhone 4, and am happy with it (sure there might be something better out there but this one does what I want it to). I don't have music on it because I was sick of having to put whole albums on instead of being able to choose one or two songs here and there. iTunes is slow, bulky, intrusive and I'm sick of having to wait for everything to sync when I plug my phone in. The saving grace for the iPhone here is I only need to do it every few weeks just to transfer photos over onto my laptop

you can select how many songs you want from album without adding the whole album. yes itunes is slow if your adding a heap of songs or you haven't sync your devices and have a heap of apps to backup. adding a couple of songs or backing up a couple of apps itunes it's pretty fast, so if your experiencing it being slow doing this then I would be looking at your computer. I backup my phone every couple weeks and usually doesn't take more then a minute
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

dedja wrote:
kickinit wrote:oh and wedgie can you answer my question dedja went running from it one of you have to answer it if you saying virus protection isn't needed

Mate, I've been in the IT industry for 25 years ... I don't have to explain myself to those that choose to be ignorant.

I'll say for the last time, believe what you want and perhaps learn how to read as the info is already in front of you.

so you've been in the industry for 25 years and you say don't worry about virus protection because every platform is vulnerable. yes the info is in front of me 175,000,000 downloads of apps in googles top 500 that have a risk. I can't believe that you think that a program that is going to give a guy a little bit more protection is worthless. like the old saying goes better to be safe then sorry.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Risky! LOL

funnily enough, I got an mail from the "ANZ" today, informing me i needed to verify a transfer of money, for the sum of $18000.
Whilst $18000 would be very handy, even i smelled a rat- an email address in the post was http://dishndessert.com
when you visit this site, it has been hacked (nb I didn't use links in the email, but maually typed the address on my pc)
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets