Undecided

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Undecided

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

kickinit wrote:
HH3 wrote:
kickinit wrote:why would you even consider getting a android after this?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technolog ... 6577210852

My two main reasons I got an Android

1) Who wants to buy an apple thats already had a bite taken out of it...

2) The little Android guy is cute as shit

...i rest my case.

you forgot number 3 you like all your personal details spread to anyone around the world.

Well I only download free apps, and as far as that article is concerned, it only effects people that pay for apps. Not my problem.

Feel free to buy Apple products mate, but quit talking to people like they're idiots because they like Androids. They see the same things you do about personal info security, and they still make the decision to use those devices. Good luck to them.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dissident » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm

I could name 5 bad points and 5 good points about ALL phones, and ALL operating systems.

Stick to something you like, know, and trust.

There is not a wrong option.

(ok, there are some options MORE wrong haha)
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Dissident wrote:I could name 5 bad points and 5 good points about ALL phones, and ALL operating systems.

Go
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Dissident » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

People have listed most of them already!
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm

HH3 wrote:
kickinit wrote:
HH3 wrote:
kickinit wrote:why would you even consider getting a android after this?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technolog ... 6577210852

My two main reasons I got an Android

1) Who wants to buy an apple thats already had a bite taken out of it...

2) The little Android guy is cute as shit

...i rest my case.

you forgot number 3 you like all your personal details spread to anyone around the world.

Well I only download free apps, and as far as that article is concerned, it only effects people that pay for apps. Not my problem.

Feel free to buy Apple products mate, but quit talking to people like they're idiots because they like Androids. They see the same things you do about personal info security, and they still make the decision to use those devices. Good luck to them.

free apps as well. well hey we no some people on here and just make up the crap they are saying. No they don't see the same how many argued that security wasn't an issue on android and if your safe and play it smart (buy from the google app store) you will be ok. This is a massive security flaw that it seems google really don't care about. If google actually cared about there user and tried to make android safe then I would consider using a android, until then idiots that love there information given out can keep there android phone.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm

free apps as well

Can you post a link where it says this please. The article you supplied says it happens when you pay for apps.

well hey we no some people on here and just make up the crap they are saying.

I find posts on this forum are truthfull, or at least are what the poster actually believes to be true. Also, glass houses....

This is a massive security flaw that it seems google really don't care about.

I dont know the inner workings of Google, and I doubt you do either. They might in fact be working on a solution.

If google actually cared about there user and tried to make android safe then I would consider using a android, until then idiots that love there information given out can keep there android phone.

You just insinuated that everyone that owns an Android is an idiot, and thats offensive.

...so glad I have an argument to keep me entertained while my works slow :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Ease up on the juice buddy. I'm just wondering how developers could get my address, seeing as though I never entered it? Not too concerned about a developer having my throwaway email account either.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Ended up getting a Motorola RZR HD. Had to compromise with a duel core instead of the S3s quad core but the 50% extra battery life, smaller size and heavier feel won for me.
Ended up not going the Windows as I wanted all my google contacts and apps to be ready to go on my new phone.
Absolutely loving it so far and gratefully booted my Iphone across the office. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jase » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:Ended up getting a Motorola RZR HD. Had to compromise with a duel core instead of the S3s quad core but the 50% extra battery life, smaller size and heavier feel won for me.
Ended up not going the Windows as I wanted all my google contacts and apps to be ready to go on my new phone.
Absolutely loving it so far and gratefully booted my Iphone across the office. :D

I've got one of them...

Just a word of warning... Don't drop it...

:sad:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

HH3 wrote:
free apps as well

Can you post a link where it says this please. The article you supplied says it happens when you pay for apps.

well hey we no some people on here and just make up the crap they are saying.

I find posts on this forum are truthfull, or at least are what the poster actually believes to be true. Also, glass houses....

This is a massive security flaw that it seems google really don't care about.

I dont know the inner workings of Google, and I doubt you do either. They might in fact be working on a solution.

If google actually cared about there user and tried to make android safe then I would consider using a android, until then idiots that love there information given out can keep there android phone.

You just insinuated that everyone that owns an Android is an idiot, and thats offensive.

...so glad I have an argument to keep me entertained while my works slow :lol:

maybe you should read the article again it doesn't say anything about only paid apps, free apps still come under purchased apps.

don't now why your saying glass houses i'll always provide research to what I say, but like a few on here when you ask for the research they go running.

don't you think if google where working on it there would be a massive press relief about? seems a bit too serious to stay quiet about it.

How did I insult everyone that owns a android phone? I said Idiots that love there information given out, not idiots that love there android phone.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Jase wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Ended up getting a Motorola RZR HD. Had to compromise with a duel core instead of the S3s quad core but the 50% extra battery life, smaller size and heavier feel won for me.

I've got one of them...

Just a word of warning... Don't drop it...

:sad:

i think that's a given to any smart phone these days
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 pm

I LOVE LAMP
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Wow this 4g is pretty amazing. Quicker than my adsl2 at home!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dedja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 pm

and LTE is fast up as well as down ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 pm

kickinit wrote:
maybe you should read the article again it doesn't say anything about only paid apps, free apps still come under purchased apps.

..um here, maybe

"I can't see any way to opt out of providing that information and it seems to be a feature of the Google checkout process. I don't know whether it applies to free apps, but there are hundreds of thousands of apps that are available for pay on the play store and there are millions of people who buy Android apps out there, I'd say easily millions or tens of millions of people.

"It's active in every market that Google accepts payment for apps. That's a lot of people having their personal information handed over without them knowing."

maybe read past the first line of the article.

Have you ever used Google Play? You dont enter any information at all unless you pay money for apps. All they have is your Gmail account, which they have whether you have an android or not...coz they're Google.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:Wow this 4g is pretty amazing. Quicker than my adsl2 at home!

I can't believe this is your first experience with 4g.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Dissident » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

4G is awesome!!
But for the most part, wasted. For me.

Everything I do is great as it is, speed-wise.
I even stream NBA games over 3G and it's flawless.

I'd probably need some other hardcore uses before I made a substantial use of it.
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby Dissident » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 pm

And the data plans need to freaking catch up, too... horribly small/expensive.
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby dedja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Exactly ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

HH3 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

..um here, maybe

"I can't see any way to opt out of providing that information and it seems to be a feature of the Google checkout process. I don't know whether it applies to free apps, but there are hundreds of thousands of apps that are available for pay on the play store and there are millions of people who buy Android apps out there, I'd say easily millions or tens of millions of people.

"It's active in every market that Google accepts payment for apps. That's a lot of people having their personal information handed over without them knowing."

maybe read past the first line of the article.

Have you ever used Google Play? You dont enter any information at all unless you pay money for apps. All they have is your Gmail account, which they have whether you have an android or not...coz they're Google.

And isn't the free and paid apps in the same market google play? It doesn't say only the apps you make payment for. It's for all purchased app a free app is still a purchased app.
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets