Samsung Galaxy S 4

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 4

Postby kickinit » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:17 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So they give out email and the suburb you live in, wow.

Yep. Throw away email at that.

And what all those people that didn't use a throw away email, probably like yourself before finding out what they where doing
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The S3 felt to thin and too big, hated it and the S4 is even worse. They feel terrible to hold, give me a S2 any day.
I still much prefer Android but the Samsungs have lost me now they're building thin tablets that ring people.
Hope the battery is a lot better than the S3 or IPhone too.

I don't know why they would want to be going so big for, if the next iPhone is bigger again then I will be looking else where. To me if you actually watched or played that many games to justify having a screen that big then why wouldn't you go with a tablet

Yep, size, feel and battery life and preferably an Android or Windowswere my main issues when purchasing a phone, it seems the magazines never rate phones taking these things into account.
I much prefer the size/feel of the earlier Iphones and the earlier Samsungs. Both companies have now lost me to Motorola for the time being. The tiny bit of lag (lucky to be quarter of a second and only noticable using an app once very 2 or 3 days) I sometimes get because I have a dual core processor instead of a quad core isn't an issue for me.
I want smaller, if I want something bigger I'd buy a bloody tablet.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm

kickinit wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So they give out email and the suburb you live in, wow.

Yep. Throw away email at that.

And what all those people that didn't use a throw away email, probably like yourself before finding out what they where doing

Been using throw away email accounts before smartphones were invented, not that you will believe it but wgaf.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 am

What is a throw away email?
Anyway, this mst be a generational thing because I love a smaller phone that can slip into shirt pockets or pants pockets without being noticed. I never use my hTC for anything other than - shock horror - phone calls and texts!
I'm not a gamer and if I need twitter, facebook, safooty, email, google, shoot and send pics, banking blah blah I use my iPad which is the single best device I have ever owned. My hTC is three years old and no way will I part with it because all the new phones are just too outrageously big.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby kickinit » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am

Sky Pilot wrote:What is a throw away email?
Anyway, this mst be a generational thing because I love a smaller phone that can slip into shirt pockets or pants pockets without being noticed. I never use my hTC for anything other than - shock horror - phone calls and texts!
I'm not a gamer and if I need twitter, facebook, safooty, email, google, shoot and send pics, banking blah blah I use my iPad which is the single best device I have ever owned. My hTC is three years old and no way will I part with it because all the new phones are just too outrageously big.

the thing I dont understand is why they need to go a 1080p screen. Seriously who would put a 7gb movie on there phone to watch it on a 5" screen. If your that worried about quality then your not going to want to watch it on a 5" screen, your going to want to watch it on a 42" or bigger. I think it's getting more to the point that people are looking at the features rather then what features they would actually use.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 am

Sky Pilot wrote:What is a throw away email?
My line is I don't want any phone that forces me to carry a hand bag - if it doesn't fit in my shirt pocket it is too big!
My current Samsung Galaxy Y duos is pushing my boundaries a bit, but I needed the convenience of a dual SIM phone for when overseas.
I do occasionally go beyond calls and texts and use its calculator and camera.

For everything else I have a desktop and home and a laptop for when I'm travelling in Australia.
(I'd never bother to carry one overseas - I only used a computer once in my 3 weeks in India in March.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:31 pm

You guys must wear clothing with small pockets. Get some man clothes.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:You guys must wear clothing with small pockets. Get some man clothes.
I'm a clothing minimalist, as any of my past girlfriends, and wives, could tell you... ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:You guys must wear clothing with small pockets. Get some man clothes.

I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm

The missus has been updating her iPhone all day, and has just lost all her contacts. Lost comment was "piece of shit".
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Must be they day for fines stuffing, mates s3 just shut its self down and won't turn back on.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm

It would be John Howard's fault
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby smac » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Needs duromine.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?

What colour...? ;)

Mine are green..... :D
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets