chromebook

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

chromebook

Postby kickinit » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:22 am

new chrome book looks pretty impressive. built in virus protection is a big plus. It's only new so only the acer and samsung in a 11" screen at the moment. samsung is $346 but only has a 16gb SSD and the acer is $298 with a 320GB HDD.

The one thing I don't like is it looks like they are trying to copy Apple or they want another lengthy legal battle. MacBook/ChromeBook, MacBook is a aluminium case with black key the samsung is a aluminium case (well it looks like) and black keys, Apple has the iCloud now google has the Cloud.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: chromebook

Postby HH3 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Wouldnt the Chromebook run on Google? Wouldnt have thought you'd be a fan for some reason?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:12 am

HH3 wrote:Wouldnt the Chromebook run on Google? Wouldnt have thought you'd be a fan for some reason?

I just don't like android. the one thing I like about the chromebook is the already installed virus protection, how good it will be no ones knows but it looks promising.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dissident » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

Cloud is cloud... it's existed before Apple had iCloud and many other people have Cloud/Cloud solutions. There is no issue there.
Well apart from the fact it will work. iCloud is horrible.
I love 'Food and Stuff'. It's where I buy all of my food. And most of my stuff.
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:03 am

Dissident wrote:Cloud is cloud... it's existed before Apple had iCloud and many other people have Cloud/Cloud solutions. There is no issue there.

from a business point of view i'd be heading in the opposite direction for apple. does google want to be known as a company that just copy what apple does? I really don't get samsung they are a great company that makes some great products, but once again they are trying to make there products look likes apple.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dissident » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 am

wtf?

Are you still talking about cloud?

Google has had cloud services for ages.
As have many other companies. Apple is just one.

Do you think iCloud was "first"??
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:53 am

Dissident wrote:wtf?

i seem to remember quite a bit of advertising of "cloud" services involving windows 7 release several years ago. it was the first instance that i remember if any reference to cloud. maybe apple are copying Microsoft!! quick call the lawyers!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 am

maybe you should read my first post then you might know what i'm talking about.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dissident » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:52 am

I did

And part of it was that you implied they were copying the Apply iCloud
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm

and what else?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dissident » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Irrelevant... I was asking about one issue you had
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:54 pm

kickinit wrote:
Dissident wrote:Cloud is cloud... it's existed before Apple had iCloud and many other people have Cloud/Cloud solutions. There is no issue there.

from a business point of view i'd be heading in the opposite direction for apple. does google want to be known as a company that just copy what apple does? I really don't get samsung they are a great company that makes some great products, but once again they are trying to make there products look likes apple.

Dissident wrote:Irrelevant... I was asking about one issue you had

hows it irrelevant when I wasn't talking about iCloud. maybe you should read before you post.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Well you quoted where Dissident was talking exclusively about cloud, which usually means you're responding to his remarks about cloud. The word "cloud" appears in the quote 6 times.

Maybe instead of quoting things you aren't going to talk about, you explain what you're talking about. From what you said, it seems like you're saying Google shouldnt copy Apple when it comes to iCloud.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dissident » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 pm

kickinit wrote:new chrome book looks pretty impressive. built in virus protection is a big plus. It's only new so only the acer and samsung in a 11" screen at the moment. samsung is $346 but only has a 16gb SSD and the acer is $298 with a 320GB HDD.

The one thing I don't like is it looks like they are trying to copy Apple or they want another lengthy legal battle. MacBook/ChromeBook, MacBook is a aluminium case with black key the samsung is a aluminium case (well it looks like) and black keys, Apple has the iCloud now google has the Cloud.

You are intimating there that Google has copied Apple with the cloud.

No?

Yes.
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Dissident wrote:
kickinit wrote:new chrome book looks pretty impressive. built in virus protection is a big plus. It's only new so only the acer and samsung in a 11" screen at the moment. samsung is $346 but only has a 16gb SSD and the acer is $298 with a 320GB HDD.

No?

Yes.

Yes and I also talk about macbook/chromebook and the fact that the samsung looks nearly identical to a macbook pro. Maybe you should re read the paragraph not just the part you want to.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:13 pm

HH3 wrote:Well you quoted where Dissident was talking exclusively about cloud, which usually means you're responding to his remarks about cloud. The word "cloud" appears in the quote 6 times.

Maybe instead of quoting things you aren't going to talk about, you explain what you're talking about. From what you said, it seems like you're saying Google shouldnt copy Apple when it comes to iCloud.

I was talking about google and samsung copying apple, dissident even asked if I was talking about cloud, to which if he did re read what I was saying he would notice I referenced samsung which has nothing to do with cloud.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm

kickinit wrote:
HH3 wrote:Well you quoted where Dissident was talking exclusively about cloud, which usually means you're responding to his remarks about cloud. The word "cloud" appears in the quote 6 times.

I was talking about google and samsung copying apple, dissident even asked if I was talking about cloud, to which if he did re read what I was saying he would notice I referenced samsung which has nothing to do with cloud.

Well why quote something that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're talking about?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 pm

I still like the product don't get me wrong I just think both google and samsung are smart enough to go out and do something on there own. For me I would of rather like them to do something different make it fresh and new. To me I feel like i'm going to buy a macbook pro from one of those fake apple stores in china.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dissident » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

kickinit wrote:
Dissident wrote:

No?

Yes.

Yes and I also talk about macbook/chromebook and the fact that the samsung looks nearly identical to a macbook pro. Maybe you should re read the paragraph not just the part you want to.

Mate. I read what you damn well wrote. And I asked you about one of the points.

Goddam simple.

Are you Phil G?
Dissident
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:30 pm

HH3 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Well why quote something that has absolutely nothing to do with what you're talking about?

Because i wasn't talking about cloud itself but google had a opportunity to name it something different. Doesn't google and samsung want to be known innovative rather then wait to see what apple does and try to make ours similar?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets