PHONE EXPERTS

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

PHONE EXPERTS

Postby beef » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:46 am

Anyone on here good with mobile phones?
I have a Samsung S6 that works 90% of the time
Whenever i'm at work i cant make or receive calls (i can still get texts and use everything else on my phone)
I can make calls from home, shops, footy or wherever i am, just not at work (Greenfields)
Im with Vodafone and anyone else with vodafone at my work doesn't have any issues so it's not coverage
Only started last week, rang vodafone and it still doesn't work even after checking settings and changing things like they said
I cant take to a dealer as it works when im at other places

Any ideas except samsung is shit, vodafone is shit or get a better phone???
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 am

Do you work in a bomb shelter?
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4219
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 466 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby beef » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 am

feels like it, didnt have these issues with a nokia 5210
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 am

Most likely your service provider that's the issue.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..

Footy Chick wrote:Because I'm a dumb arse
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10773
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2525 times
Been liked: 2595 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:26 pm

beef wrote:Anyone on here good with mobile phones?
I have a Samsung S6 that works 90% of the time
Whenever i'm at work i cant make or receive calls (i can still get texts and use everything else on my phone)
I can make calls from home, shops, footy or wherever i am, just not at work (Greenfields)
Im with Vodafone and anyone else with vodafone at my work doesn't have any issues so it's not coverage
Only started last week, rang vodafone and it still doesn't work even after checking settings and changing things like they said
I cant take to a dealer as it works when im at other places

Any ideas except samsung is shit, vodafone is shit or get a better phone???


There's your problem mate
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15730
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2692 times
Been liked: 2067 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Have you tried restarting it?
If you have, try again.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1398 times
Been liked: 1447 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby beef » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:30 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Have you tried restarting it?
If you have, try again.

I actually got that advice from the Vodafone expert.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Do others in your office with Vodafone have 4g phones and is yours 3g only?
Could explain the difference. From a quick google the Samsung 6 might not be compatible with Vodafones 4g.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44538
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby beef » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:Do others in your office with Vodafone have 4g phones and is yours 3g only?
Could explain the difference. From a quick google the Samsung 6 might not be compatible with Vodafones 4g.

Mine is 4g same as others. Maybe I just stay away from work incase I get a phone call.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm

beef wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Do others in your office with Vodafone have 4g phones and is yours 3g only?
Could explain the difference. From a quick google the Samsung 6 might not be compatible with Vodafones 4g.

Mine is 4g same as others. Maybe I just stay away from work incase I get a phone call.

Samsung 6s aren't compatible with Vodafone 4g.
Theres a good chance they're getting 4g coverage where you're only getting 3g despite your phone showing ortherwise.
It would explain your issues.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44538
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:
beef wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Do others in your office with Vodafone have 4g phones and is yours 3g only?
Could explain the difference. From a quick google the Samsung 6 might not be compatible with Vodafones 4g.

Mine is 4g same as others. Maybe I just stay away from work incase I get a phone call.

Samsung 6s aren't compatible with Vodafone 4g.
Theres a good chance they're getting 4g coverage where you're only getting 3g despite your phone showing ortherwise.
It would explain your issues.


3G should still work though i would have thought. Normally there's 3G technology installed at the same site as 4G
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 270 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
beef wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Do others in your office with Vodafone have 4g phones and is yours 3g only?
Could explain the difference. From a quick google the Samsung 6 might not be compatible with Vodafones 4g.

Mine is 4g same as others. Maybe I just stay away from work incase I get a phone call.

Samsung 6s aren't compatible with Vodafone 4g.
Theres a good chance they're getting 4g coverage where you're only getting 3g despite your phone showing ortherwise.
It would explain your issues.


3G should still work though i would have thought. Normally there's 3G technology installed at the same site as 4G

Should still work but not as well as 4g.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44538
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby stan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 pm

beef wrote:Anyone on here good with mobile phones?
I have a Samsung S6 that works 90% of the time
Whenever i'm at work i cant make or receive calls (i can still get texts and use everything else on my phone)
I can make calls from home, shops, footy or wherever i am, just not at work (Greenfields)
Im with Vodafone and anyone else with vodafone at my work doesn't have any issues so it's not coverage
Only started last week, rang vodafone and it still doesn't work even after checking settings and changing things like they said
I cant take to a dealer as it works when im at other places

Any ideas except samsung is shit, vodafone is shit or get a better phone???
Just need a bit more info. What type of phones are you coworkers using? If they are more modern it's likely they can access the network better, and also as wedgie said working off of 4g not the 3g network.

I know you said you don't just want to hear get another phone but you are using older tech.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12176
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 817 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby beef » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am

Their phones are newer iphones (not sure which one). I just can't understand why it will work everywhere else except for when im at work with zero issues.
User avatar
beef
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Grenville » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm

My phone (a Samsung 8) is nearly f**ked, going to have to bite the bullet and get a newie. Any suggestions?
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3499
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 217 times
Been liked: 707 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Grenville wrote:My phone (a Samsung 8) is nearly f**ked, going to have to bite the bullet and get a newie. Any suggestions?

My preferences are the Google Pixel XL or new top of the range Huwai but the new Samsung is rated just as good if not better than those if you want to stick with Samsung. I had an Oppo last time and it was ultra reliable, my son is still using it 3 years later. The newest version looks good too.

Depends what your main wishes are such as battery life, screen size, camera, etc.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44538
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 pm

My employer funds mine, with a budget, the $500 Samsung A50 I'm posting on works for me.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45216
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4362 times
Been liked: 7327 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Just got a Samsung 10e, just finished with an S8, the 10e is smaller and the perfect size for me, very impressed with it so far.
FLAGStaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 38397
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1821 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Samsung A5
A fairly basic phone but does what I need.
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 46392
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7952 times
Been liked: 2122 times

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Psyber » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 pm

A friend's Samsung bought a few months ago just went up in flames. Not sure which model but about $760 outright. My Oppo A73 is going well apart from a slightly soft, easily scratched, screen, which is not an issue if not keeping cards in its case's internal slots.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11645
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 239 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf


Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest