PHONE EXPERTS

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Postby Grenville » Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Are Oppo RenoZ phones any good? Still haven't changed my phone over. $15 a month with Optus seems too cheap to be real.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 am

Grenville wrote:Are Oppo RenoZ phones any good? Still haven't changed my phone over. $15 a month with Optus seems too cheap to be real.

It's not their flagship phone, its their budget version so you'll be getting a downgraded camera/processor/etc. No 5G connectivity too.
I had an Oppo a couple of phones ago and it was one of the best phones I've had (but I had the flagship model).
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Psyber » Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 pm

My Oppo A 73 cost me $299 outright, unlocked, and is dual SIM plus has a slot for an SD card. My previous phone was an HTC which still works fine (and has a replaceable battery), but I wanted the better camera the Oppo offered. Apropos service providers. My experience is that Telstra and Optus offer the best coverage and that which is best depends on where you are. For example, in the Grafton region this time last year Optus seemed better than a co-workers Telstra service.

Using a second tier provider (like Amaysim) that operates through Telstra or Optus seems to mean your calls and texts get lower priority and may drop out or be delayed in high demand times of the day.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets