Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Turf Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby Willo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm

bulldogs wrote:a mixture i would say. the wickets was soft even after a hour. when you see chunks being removed the pitch upon the ball landing 2 hrs after the start of play well that should tell you something. some of the dismissals mine included were caused from short balls that you were in position to play but due to the softness of the pitch the ball just didnt come on and you had played the shot 6 times. yes you may say dont play the shot but hang on its a GF we had Sunday to come back to, why play on the toss of a coin. All being even it would of been a great game.

What was to stop both teams refusing to play Saturday.

Just tell the umps you will see them here tomorrow.

What could they have done, forfeit both teams - I doubt it!
Willo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Willo wrote:
bulldogs wrote:a mixture i would say. the wickets was soft even after a hour. when you see chunks being removed the pitch upon the ball landing 2 hrs after the start of play well that should tell you something. some of the dismissals mine included were caused from short balls that you were in position to play but due to the softness of the pitch the ball just didnt come on and you had played the shot 6 times. yes you may say dont play the shot but hang on its a GF we had Sunday to come back to, why play on the toss of a coin. All being even it would of been a great game.

What was to stop both teams refusing to play Saturday.

Just tell the umps you will see them here tomorrow.

What could they have done, forfeit both teams - I doubt it!

ATCA made it clear that it was with the umpires and teams couldn't arrange to play the Sunday by them selves. What a joke if both teams dont think it is suitable and agree it is best to play the next day !
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby azzaisbest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 pm

out of 9 two day grand finals , only 1 didnt get a start on sat . Both pooraka and trinity played which are both sides of argana. So are all the umpires motivated for the money, or did they make the right decision in the best interest of the teams to get play under way
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bulldogs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 pm

azzaisbest wrote:out of 9 two day grand finals , only 1 didnt get a start on sat . Both pooraka and trinity played which are both sides of argana. So are all the umpires motivated for the money, or did they make the right decision in the best interest of the teams to get play under way

in the end i dont care what other grounds are like there all different and should be judged on what you are playing on not if the other sides are playing at different ovals. if divots and chunks coming out of the pitch surely its not suitable.

Yes maybe both captains should of stood there ground, i nearly walked off after 2 overs and i wonder what would of happened then. By the way congrats to Penfield not a bad bunch of lads and it was no fault of theres
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 pm

bulldogs wrote:
azzaisbest wrote:out of 9 two day grand finals , only 1 didnt get a start on sat . Both pooraka and trinity played which are both sides of argana. So are all the umpires motivated for the money, or did they make the right decision in the best interest of the teams to get play under way

in the end i dont care what other grounds are like there all different and should be judged on what you are playing on not if the other sides are playing at different ovals. if divots and chunks coming out of the pitch surely its not suitable.

Yes maybe both captains should of stood there ground, i nearly walked off after 2 overs and i wonder what would of happened then. By the way congrats to Penfield not a bad bunch of lads and it was no fault of theres

Azza, the wicket was no good. Poor decision to play on Saturday.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby mickey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bulldogs wrote:230 for 20 for the two days. our LOE side was using this oval as a home ground, they came to the club and said they would prefer to play every game away. I had a look at it 8 weeks ago and what a disgrace i must say. not much fault of penfiel but more to the council

I was under the impression it was PCC's resposibility to maintain it.

Yes, it is Penfields responsibility to prepare a wicket each week, but there is only so much you can do with the centre square the way it is. It's sad that Playford Council take money off cricket clubs and offer that sort of rubbish at Argana Park No 2

Whats the main problem with the square SMG?? surely it cant be that bad that a bit of tlc from a half decent curator couldnt fix..
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 am

mickey wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bulldogs wrote:230 for 20 for the two days. our LOE side was using this oval as a home ground, they came to the club and said they would prefer to play every game away. I had a look at it 8 weeks ago and what a disgrace i must say. not much fault of penfiel but more to the council

I was under the impression it was PCC's resposibility to maintain it.

Yes, it is Penfields responsibility to prepare a wicket each week, but there is only so much you can do with the centre square the way it is. It's sad that Playford Council take money off cricket clubs and offer that sort of rubbish at Argana Park No 2

Whats the main problem with the square SMG?? surely it cant be that bad that a bit of tlc from a half decent curator couldnt fix..

Can only suggest you go and take a look yourself. Requires a lot of TLC and I'm not sure Penfield have access to the resources to achieve this.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby interested observer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 am

Azza, correct me if I am wrong but i believe on 2 occasions during the minor round Ingle Farm got going with full days play at home and at Gepps Cross, when games at Hope Valley did not... One of which Pooraka were extremely happy with being a one dayer.... :evil:

What relevance does your comment have given that the distance between Ingle Farm, Hope Valley and Gepps Cross is far less than that between Pooraka, Argana Park and Gawler ??
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby azzaisbest » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm

interested observer wrote:

Azza, correct me if I am wrong but i believe on 2 occasions during the minor round Ingle Farm got going with full days play at home and at Gepps Cross, when games at Hope Valley did not... One of which Pooraka were extremely happy with being a one dayer.... :evil:

What relevance does your comment have given that the distance between Ingle Farm, Hope Valley and Gepps Cross is far less than that between Pooraka, Argana Park and Gawler ??

Was merely pointing out which games got away on time on the sat. No real relevance when you compare it to HV, IF & GX. Thanks for reminding me about that pooraka game , was trying to blank that one out of my head
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby interested observer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

Was merely pointing out which games got away on time on the sat. No real relevance when you compare it to HV, IF & GX. Thanks for reminding me about that pooraka game , was trying to blank that one out of my head

All good mate..

Your curator has never needed much of an excuse to pull the pin on getting a wicket up ;)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Assassin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

All good mate..

Your curator has never needed much of an excuse to pull the pin on getting a wicket up ;)

No need to bring our curator in to this he has done an Awesome job of Hope valley!
The Pooraka game we used the pitch closest to the club room which is on the down slope and the water just catches there so there was no chance the prepare the wicket!
Anyway we are looking into raising that pitch to make the square more even!
Assassin
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby on_a_length » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Assassin wrote:
azzaisbest wrote:

All good mate..

No need to bring our curator in to this he has done an Awesome job of Hope valley!
The Pooraka game we used the pitch closest to the club room which is on the down slope and the water just catches there so there was no chance the prepare the wicket!

word
WE'RE THE MIGHTY HOPE VALLEY!!!
on_a_length

Has liked: 9 times

Postby bulldogs » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:24 pm

very interesting, a full report went into atca re the debacle of the b2 gf. I am lead to believe the GM of atca had seen the pitch at argana pk friday pm and sat morning and could not believe a game had been played. Well done umpires.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby mickey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Assassin wrote:The Pooraka game we used the pitch closest to the club room which is on the down slope and the water just catches there so there was no chance the prepare the wicket!

Easier said than done... would mean no play on that pitch basically all season.

Also would need a lot of work done to the area next to the square so that doesnt become a bog from the water running of the wickets..

Is it council job or is the club looking at organising contractors?
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby ray borner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:27 am

The Pooraka game we used the pitch closest to the club room which is on the down slope and the water just catches there so there was no chance the prepare the wicket!Anyway we are looking into raising that pitch to make the square more even![/quote]

This is true however the deck that is on the other side of square and had been up for a few weeks, would have come up without to much trouble.
ray borner
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Merki the God » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:09 pm

bulldogs wrote:

merki feels having them 5/27 odd , ingle farm lost it, not penfield won it
There once was a bloke named Fracka,
Scored runs since he was a young tacka,
But alas not anymore,
his shot selection's been poor,
and now they call him QUACKA!!
Merki the God
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby interested observer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 am

Merki the God wrote:
bulldogs wrote:

merki feels having them 5/27 odd , ingle farm lost it, not penfield won it

See you tonight Merki ;)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Browny25 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:04 pm

So what grade do you think Brahma Lodge should have their 2 teams in for next season?
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby auto » Fri May 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Browny25 wrote:So what grade do you think Brahma Lodge should have their 2 teams in for next season?

I have no idea but i cant say no to surveys......so im gonne say A3 and B2
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Muffler » Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Browny25 wrote:So what grade do you think Brahma Lodge should have their 2 teams in for next season?

A Grade B1, B2 and B grade C1 or 2
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps