Morphet Vale Emus

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Morphet Vale Emus

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 am

What a wonderful sendoff !! And what a great way to go out, booting a long one after the siren !
A top champion we will long remember.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 am

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a fitting start to Polly's final match as well.
I got the tip off from someone early in the day that Wade Pitman has been earmarked as Polly's full forward replacement (sorry if that was supposed to be secret Emus, but I'm a journo who got it from another journo)
If true, the first goal of the day was certainly fitting --- Polly chased a defender to the wing, got a free, and delivered it to the goalfront where Pitman marked and converted.
Then Polly got that "after-the-siren" one ---- hollywood couldn't have scripted it all better ---- even had Pollard and Pitman the top two goalkickers of the day.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby spot on » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a fitting start to Polly's final match as well.
I got the tip off from someone early in the day that Wade Pitman has been earmarked as Polly's full forward replacement (sorry if that was supposed to be secret Emus, but I'm a journo who got it from another journo)
If true, the first goal of the day was certainly fitting --- Polly chased a defender to the wing, got a free, and delivered it to the goalfront where Pitman marked and converted.
Then Polly got that "after-the-siren" one ---- hollywood couldn't have scripted it all better ---- even had Pollard and Pitman the top two goalkickers of the day.

Love your work BTP
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby comeon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Well done boys great morphett vale players icons of the southern league
comeon
Rookie

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:09 pm

what age are polly and shorty?? surely not that old what type of injurys have the sustained?? hopefully the emus will be a bit weaker from this.........but probably not
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby spot on » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm

the Sledge wrote:what age are polly and shorty?? surely not that old what type of injurys have the sustained?? hopefully the emus will be a bit weaker from this.........but probably not

I could tell you sledge but I may be giving away secrets.
spot on
Under 18s

Re:

Postby ol man emu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 pm

sweeny luvs j delsar wrote:i rate emus 2 be a decent animal i havnt met a single player past or present from morphies that i would rate anywhere as high as i would rate an emu.i rekon that ya should change ya name from emus 2 TURKEYS

I found this comment from sweeny. Comment was made in 2007.
How does he feel now that Reynella have hired a bunch of turkeys to get them the elusive flag.
Of course im talking about David Earl (head coach)
David Murdock (asst coach)
Scott Mooney (head trainer)
Peter Hislop (head case)
I guess it's a case of if you can't beat them get them to try and show you how it's done.
Gobble Gobble.
Noticed Billings played in the 2s last week is that because he can't jump.
Over heard a conversation in the crowd last week "Reynella have got no jumpers".
Anyone who thinks there is nothing ridding on this game think again there is three games M/Vale
set them self's for it's reynella at home and reynella away.
Can't wait.
Gobble Gobble.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby asert » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:19 pm

What jumpers are reynella using at the moment I heard they haven't bought a jumper from the correct suppliers in 5 years. Sounds like they may be pulling on the old woolen jumpers this week...
asert
League Bench Warmer

Re: Re:

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 am

ol man emu wrote:
sweeny luvs j delsar wrote:i rate emus 2 be a decent animal i havnt met a single player past or present from morphies that i would rate anywhere as high as i would rate an emu.i rekon that ya should change ya name from emus 2 TURKEYS

I found this comment from sweeny. Comment was made in 2007.
How does he feel now that Reynella have hired a bunch of turkeys to get them the elusive flag.
Of course im talking about David Earl (head coach)
David Murdock (asst coach)
Scott Mooney (head trainer)
Peter Hislop (head case)
I guess it's a case of if you can't beat them get them to try and show you how it's done.
Gobble Gobble.
Noticed Billings played in the 2s last week is that because he can't jump.
Over heard a conversation in the crowd last week "Reynella have got no jumpers".
Anyone who thinks there is nothing ridding on this game think again there is three games M/Vale
set them self's for it's reynella at home and reynella away.
Can't wait.
Gobble Gobble.

who's sweeney anyway old man?
nah reynella have no jumpers, thats clearly true.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 am

potentially three MV vs RFC games left this year. Stating the obvious but if you were to drop one, this is obviously the one you wouldnt mine dropping .
having said that I dont think the players / club would be thinking like that.. or the supporters for that matter, you always take a win over the emus when you can.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Axle Rose » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Congratulations to all trophy winners at last nights B&F count. Fantastic night had by all.

A Grade - Michael Bode
B Grade - Lee Williams
C Grade - Aaron Parry.

Also huge congats to our retiring secretary, Jan Manuel. 25 of the hardest working years. And didnt make it to work this morning!!
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Ben the Builder » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:33 pm

hey, just wondering how u guys finished up this year?? Also, whats the word on tyron bennetts?? Think he missed a few games this year? Will he be fit n ready to go next year??
Ben the Builder
Mini-League

Postby Axle Rose » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Ben the Builder wrote:hey, just wondering how u guys finished up this year?? Also, whats the word on tyron bennetts?? Think he missed a few games this year? Will he be fit n ready to go next year??

A's finished 3rd BTB. Fair to say the best 2 sides this year played in the gf, and we werent one of them. Tyrone struggled to get on the park this year for us with two separate injuries but missing alot of footy is already making him hungry to make an impact next year. Emus wont be going away in 2011.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Postby ol man emu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:23 am

Morphett Vale Football Club
require trainers for game days 12 to 5.
remuneration provided.
enquiries to the secretary
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby ol man emu » Thu May 19, 2011 10:05 am

ol man emu wrote:Morphett Vale Football Club
require trainers for game days 12 to 5.
remuneration provided.
enquiries to the secretary
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby Buttscratcher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Agrade coach is coaching again in 2012?
Captain Cabinets, Trapped in Cabinets, Can he get out, will he get out, 'Cause he will.. Captain Cabinets, Trapped in Cabinets
Buttscratcher
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Roxby Districts

Postby Axle Rose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am

A massive congratulations this week goes out to Brad Carpenter who this week will play his 324th senior game for the emus, becoming the senior games record holder at the club. Those that know him, will know that individual milestones are just a bonus to him, and that the bigger picture is, and always has been the morphett vale fc. So for those blokes that pull on the b grade guernsey for the boys tomorrow, wear it with the same pride that Brad has done for the last 323 games. Im sure if he's got 20 mates tomorrow that give half as much as he has done over the last 20 years, then another game awaits next week. Everyone that is, and has been part of "Woody's" journey, come down to Noarlunga tomorrow and help support the boys get over the line and give him the result he deserves for such an occasion.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:14 am

Axle Rose wrote:A massive congratulations this week goes out to Brad Carpenter who this week will play his 324th senior game for the emus, becoming the senior games record holder at the club. Those that know him, will know that individual milestones are just a bonus to him, and that the bigger picture is, and always has been the morphett vale fc. So for those blokes that pull on the b grade guernsey for the boys tomorrow, wear it with the same pride that Brad has done for the last 323 games. Im sure if he's got 20 mates tomorrow that give half as much as he has done over the last 20 years, then another game awaits next week. Everyone that is, and has been part of "Woody's" journey, come down to Noarlunga tomorrow and help support the boys get over the line and give him the result he deserves for such an occasion.

Well done Woody, quality lad
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby spot on » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:44 pm

I believe Polly is on TV tonight as a contestant on The Hot Seat, be interesting to see how he goes, hopefully better than Slops last year.
spot on
Under 18s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL