Mail Medal 2012

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Who will win the 2012 Mail Medal?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Ryan Richter (Christies Beach)
14%
Darren Hare (Cove)
10%
Jonathan Eagleton (Happy Valley)
57%
Travis Tedmanson (Port Noarlunga)
19%

Total votes : 21

Re: Mail Medal 2012

Postby reppoh_eht » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 am

barry footynut wrote:Does anyone know the top 4 or 5 as I was informed that Travis Tedmanson For porties did not finish In the top four after being named as a top four finisher??

Believe M. Carey from Flaggies came 4th, but was not invited... :?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby barry footynut » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
barry footynut wrote:Does anyone know the top 4 or 5 as I was informed that Travis Tedmanson For porties did not finish In the top four after being named as a top four finisher??

Believe M. Carey from Flaggies came 4th, but was not invited... :?

Ok thanks mate I wasn't sure if it was true but really shouldn't be surprised by what the SFL put together that's pretty bad!! what a joke of a night but well done to eagleton on the win had a good yr.
barry footynut
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Axle Rose » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Certainly sounds like there was less rowdiness without MV winning all 3 senior medals this year.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby oldskool » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Is there any place you can see the results from each club?
oldskool

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Tedmanson was top 4 however the person who put together the electronic display made a blue with his tally somewhere during the count and his name never appeared on the leaderboard.

I think finals votes were Eagleton 28, Hare 22, Richter 21 and Tedmanson 21 then followed by Carey on 17. Baker from Brighton was outright 6th with 15 votes and Norsworthy from Brighton was equal 7th on 14 votes with several others.

Another issue is that it would be nice to display the leader votes for the minor grades longer so you have time to jot them down. The current process, blink and you miss them.

Overall I think the SFL do a reasnable job with the night and how much they have to get through. However I think the process of only inviting the top 4 vote getters in the senior grades is ordinary. The room was full the other night so this could be a factor but I think the time has come to return to separate senior and junior nights. Have a Junior night at $5 or $10 per head with finger food/little pies and pasties brought to the tables and a Senior Night with Dinner and invite the top 2 votegeters from each club in A grade and the 1 top votegetter from each club in B & C grade.

I realise they are trying to integrate the juniors and seniors as a show of solidarity but it has got to the stage where the night has been overtaken by junior awards and has almost lessened the significnace of the big ticket item on the night and that is the Mail Medal for the A grade.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Bag The Points » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the information DTH. Now at least I know how it happened. I really felt for Travis, especially after I had whispered to him to stand by for a photograph if he happened to win it. Then he doesn't appear on the leaderboard at all !! I felt as low as a caterpillar. Just imagine what the poor guy himself was thinking ! This sort of thing, like the mispronunciation of names shouldn't happen. They know what the names are going to be, a bit of time familiarising themselves with them would surely not be hard.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL