FUTURE DIRECTIONS COMMITTEE

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: FUTURE DIRECTIONS COMMITTEE

Postby HH3 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
afc9798 wrote:not sure Flagstaff Hill will take that too well.

can't make the 8. don't deserve to be in div1!!!

Exactly. In the SAAFL, which has 8 divisions (and multiple C Grade comps) of competitive football every weekend, you dont pick and choose where you play.

You play in the Grandy, you go up. You finish bottom 2, you go down. No exemptions just because the club feels they are better than they are.

I think maybe the ego's of certain clubs might be having an effect on how long its taking for this issue to be sorted out. I played in the SFL from 2008 - 2010, and the debate was happening before that.

If the clubs put in Div 2 are good enough to be in Div 1, they should be up in Div 1 after the first year anyway, shouldnt they?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Straight Line wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:can't make the 8. don't deserve to be in div1!!!

Go and have a look at the draw its too uneven...thats why :roll:

You got beat by Hackham. So it doesnt look too uneven to me.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:23 pm

It appears the BOD have agreed to continue as is in season 2014 for age groups? and will discuss other issues ie- affiliation/criteria/on 10/9/2013.

PROCRASTINATE=put off (an action ) until later,delay!!!! THIS HAS GONE ON TO LONG.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Pommy Git » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

shoe boy wrote:It appears the BOD have agreed to continue as is in season 2014 for age groups? and will discuss other issues ie- affiliation/criteria/on 10/9/2013.

PROCRASTINATE=put off (an action ) until later,delay!!!! THIS HAS GONE ON TO LONG.

too (t)
1. In addition; also: He's coming along too.
2. More than enough; excessively: She worries too much.
3. To a regrettable degree: My error was all too apparent.
4. Very; extremely; immensely: He's only too willing to be of service.
Pommy Git

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Pommy Git wrote:
shoe boy wrote:It appears the BOD have agreed to continue as is in season 2014 for age groups? and will discuss other issues ie- affiliation/criteria/on 10/9/2013.

too (t)
1. In addition; also: He's coming along too.
2. More than enough; excessively: She worries too much.
3. To a regrettable degree: My error was all too apparent.
4. Very; extremely; immensely: He's only too willing to be of service.

Sorry PG, did I touch a nerve?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm

not good enough
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dazza44 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:22 am

All I can say is Hallelujah .... they have seen the light !!!!!!
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby afc9798 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:46 am

Dazza44 wrote:

All I can say is Hallelujah .... they have seen the light !!!!!!

That light may well be a train coming through the tunnel. So the bottom line with this is that there is no change in any form and we have the status quo. How will this help address the issues of the competiton? I wasn't sold on the age group changes, but could at least see the rationale behind it. So 2014 will be no different, that's some "future directions".
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Any news on the clubs from Hills and other leagues that were looking at joining the SFL?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Any news on the clubs from Hills and other leagues that were looking at joining the SFL?

I believe they have until the end of Oct to apply for SFL inclusion for 2014 and beyond , and that any move to a 2nd Div will then be decided
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Any news on the clubs from Hills and other leagues that were looking at joining the SFL?

Ah the annual Hills clubs joining the SFL rumour again.

Is this earlier than normal or is it usually about now these rumours start.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am

I hope this is not true, as the SFL has once again pandered to the wishes of a few. Will the current SFL board ever make a decision for change? If they are waiting for 100% approval from every club nothing will ever happen. Just make a decision, independant of the clubs in the best interests of the competion and stand by that decision....disgrace!!!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby cracka » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 am

Keyser Soze wrote:I hope this is not true, as the SFL has once again pandered to the wishes of a few. Will the current SFL board ever make a decision for change? If they are waiting for 100% approval from every club nothing will ever happen. Just make a decision, independant of the clubs in the best interests of the competion and stand by that decision....disgrace!!!

If the SFL set up is like the HFL, the board are there only to administer the league, it is the clubs that decide on any changes that are made.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby lion heart » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:03 am

Keyser Soze wrote:I hope this is not true, as the SFL has once again pandered to the wishes of a few. Will the current SFL board ever make a decision for change? If they are waiting for 100% approval from every club nothing will ever happen. Just make a decision, independant of the clubs in the best interests of the competion and stand by that decision....disgrace!!!

The first rule of procastination club .... I'll tell you later. From what i have heard and read 12/13 of the 15 clubs were quite positive about the change of age groups, so not sure why we should wait any longer for an 'informed decision'. Surely 12 years is long enough.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm

SFL Board are doing the rounds and visiting all the clubs committees to talk about FD. HVFC turn last night. Apparently some heated exchanges. :?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby afc9798 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Mister Footy wrote:SFL Board are doing the rounds and visiting all the clubs committees to talk about FD. HVFC turn last night. Apparently some heated exchanges. :?

I think your version of heated exchanges are others version of discussion. Healthy debate is good and promotes discussion. Real policy and change doesn't come from meek discussion and polite discourse. If some home truths were presented then it's a very good thing and should be seen as such by both parties.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Mister Footy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:23 am

afc9798 wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:SFL Board are doing the rounds and visiting all the clubs committees to talk about FD. HVFC turn last night. Apparently some heated exchanges. :?

I think your version of heated exchanges are others version of discussion. Healthy debate is good and promotes discussion. Real policy and change doesn't come from meek discussion and polite discourse. If some home truths were presented then it's a very good thing and should be seen as such by both parties.

Lets just call it a heated discussion then AFC. SFL shouldnt be asking clubs opinions and then critising them for their opinion. You are right that change is going to require some healthy discussion and debate. Not sure that the SFL going "door to door" is the best way to have these discussions - seems more of a divide and conquer mentality. I will give them this though they are being very generous with their time doing the door to door travelling roadshow.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Heard some discussion last night about changes to age groups - personally not a fan - seems to isolate the current U14s group away from club atmosphere and force kids to play senior footy a year earlier which I predict would see a large drop off.

Clubs have to work at doing all they can to preserve Saturday club footy - may not be a popular opinion. Tomorrow our club is playing 3 different clubs luckily at home but if this was away I dont know I would be driving to a different ground to watch the seniors after my lad finishes.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL