A Grade 2013 Premiers?

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

A Grade 2013 Premiers?

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Post who you want to win and who you think will win and by how much?
I want RFC to win
i think they will by 16 points for their 2nd premiership in 30 odd years.
interesting to see if good mates Milo and Doughty will be starters, both under injury clouds?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: A Grade 2013 Premiers?

Postby Tubby » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm

GO YOU ROOS, 19 PTS !!
Tubby
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

RFC for me 6 goals.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby afc9798 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

AFLflyer wrote:Post who you want to win and who you think will win and by how much?
I want RFC to win
interesting to see if good mates Milo and Doughty will be starters, both under injury clouds?

Doughty looked OK yesterday, did he pull up sore?

Roos for mine due to having a very strong midfield and such a huge array of tall talent that will stretch Reynella if they fire.
Reynella are a fantastically balanced side with quality all over the ground, but just think MVP's weapons will be a little too strong. Margin 21 points.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Morphy Parks by 24
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm tipping Morphie Parks by 10 points.

Jamie RooBoy Ruwoldt is on fire.
They seem to have bonded as a team, and the experienced players have helped keep their eyes well and truly focussed on this game.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am

How is Milo travelling? Was a noticable absentee Sunday
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 am

afc9798 wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:Post who you want to win and who you think will win and by how much?
I want RFC to win

Doughty looked OK yesterday, did he pull up sore?

Roos for mine due to having a very strong midfield and such a huge array of tall talent that will stretch Reynella if they fire.
Reynella are a fantastically balanced side with quality all over the ground, but just think MVP's weapons will be a little too strong. Margin 21 points.

Doughty went off injured just after half time. No sure on the injury, but from all reports he has been very sore all year!!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:How is Milo travelling? Was a noticable absentee Sunday

think he rolled his ankle, think he is doubtfull,, not sure.
Three of the biggest names in the side could be out if you include Shane Braddy. The young guys will need to stand up again if they are to win.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Panther32 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 am

Wineflies obviously for me.
Watched them play the Roos last time they played and my guess it will be a tough day.
I just think the Flies will have the finals experience.
2009- Reynella lose GF
2010- Reynella win GF against Brighton
2011- Brighton win GF
2012- Happy Valley win GF

I thought there may have been a pattern here that before you win a GF you have to lose one! ;)
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 am

How many supportes to Morphie parks get to games these days, havent been to a game there in years.
With no juniors, I think the RFC army would well outnumber them on Saturday for the last game of the day.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Moe » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 am

AFLflyer wrote:How many supportes to Morphie parks get to games these days, havent been to a game there in years.
With no juniors, I think the RFC army would well outnumber them on Saturday for the last game of the day.

We have sahken the trees around the "Pastie", and we expect to get quite a few out of the woodwork, as well as a few koala's ;)
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Broken Down Hack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm

NO Juniors AFLflyer.....you have been away a long time pretty sure the Roos had six sides this year....
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby AFLflyer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:NO Juniors AFLflyer.....you have been away a long time pretty sure the Roos had six sides this year....

shows you how much i know. :oops:
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:45 pm

I am more interested in Vics reaction.

Winies by five goals and he buys a giant inflatible middle finger and anchors it at the morphett arms. Makes 48 posts in the next week to rub it in. Last seen mounting the stobie pole outside Milo's house.

Twisties by a bakers dozen. Pays shannon knoll to sing the SFL version of it isn't fair. Last seen on Australia most wanted after stabbing Ronald McDonald in the eye after mistaking him from a pastie lover. So much better than McNuggets.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 pm

REYNELLA'S close-knit squad is desperate to make this season the start of something special at the Southern Football League club.
The Wineflies are hoping to claim just their fifth premiership - and first since 2010 - when they take on Morphettville Park in the grand final at Hickinbotham Oval on Saturday.
It follows Reynella's 17-point preliminary final triumph over reigning premier Happy Valley at the weekend and comes 12 months after it finished seventh.
Wineflies captain Luke Aschmoneit attributed the team's strong season to a "brotherhood" among the players, ensuring "everyone's playing for each other".
And he hoped winning this year's flag could kickstart a period of long-term success.
"We've got a whole team of guys that've played footy with each other for a long time," Aschmoneit said. "I think we have two players in our A and B-grade sides that didn't play juniors at Reynella through the 2000s, we made a lot of grand finals and finished second to Morphett Vale quite a few times.
"That's in the past now and I want to put my stamp on the club.
"I want this next decade for the SFL to be talking about Reynella Football Club, no one else." Aschmoneit, a premiership player with the club in 2010, said it would mean a lot to lead the Wineflies to another flag.
"To be a captain of one of those (premiership) sides, I want that more than anything," he said.
Morphettville Park captain Scott Paterson was confident the club could end its 23-year premiership drought this Saturday.
"We've done a lot of work over a long period of time to get us where we are now," Paterson said.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:Image

REYNELLA'S close-knit squad is desperate to make this season the start of something special at the Southern Football League club.
The Wineflies are hoping to claim just their fifth premiership - and first since 2010 - when they take on Morphettville Park in the grand final at Hickinbotham Oval on Saturday.
It follows Reynella's 17-point preliminary final triumph over reigning premier Happy Valley at the weekend and comes 12 months after it finished seventh.
Wineflies captain Luke Aschmoneit attributed the team's strong season to a "brotherhood" among the players, ensuring "everyone's playing for each other".
And he hoped winning this year's flag could kickstart a period of long-term success.
"We've got a whole team of guys that've played footy with each other for a long time," Aschmoneit said. "I think we have two players in our A and B-grade sides that didn't play juniors at Reynella through the 2000s, we made a lot of grand finals and finished second to Morphett Vale quite a few times.
"That's in the past now and I want to put my stamp on the club.
"I want this next decade for the SFL to be talking about Reynella Football Club, no one else." Aschmoneit, a premiership player with the club in 2010, said it would mean a lot to lead the Wineflies to another flag.
"To be a captain of one of those (premiership) sides, I want that more than anything," he said.
Morphettville Park captain Scott Paterson was confident the club could end its 23-year premiership drought this Saturday.
"We've done a lot of work over a long period of time to get us where we are now," Paterson said.

Maybe worry about this Saturday rather than the next decade :shock:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Boundary rider » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Haven't caught much footy this year but in previous years have noticed MVP struggling on the larger grounds like Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga against reasonable sides. Is this still the case? or have the twisties got enough runners now to compliment their talls? Reynella have the better head to head form recently but I think MVP can get the chocolates much to the disgust of all those south of O'Halloran hill.
Boundary rider
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Ive only seen MVP once this year and that was the draw at HV where they played the big oval fine.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Boundary rider wrote:Haven't caught much footy this year but in previous years have noticed MVP struggling on the larger grounds like Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga against reasonable sides. Is this still the case? or have the twisties got enough runners now to compliment their talls? Reynella have the better head to head form recently but I think MVP can get the chocolates much to the disgust of all those south of O'Halloran hill.

Plenty of midfield grunt and quality talls. Should be a great match up, but Roos for mine.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL