BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby import » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 am

daysofourlives wrote:
brook wrote:Two things really stood out for me yesterday.
1. Playing King when he couldn't even run half pace or kick over a jam jar.
2. Playing a kid because they had to fit the points in.
Massive coaching errors. Just because your a major sponsor
doesn't mean you can coach.

The Gawler Central hierachy also know this and he won't be coaching next year.

Mind you without his money they wouldnt have been in the grand final.
I reckon with all the money made from yesterday they will think they can bring in someone that can coach and keep the current cash players without needing his sponsorship dollars.
It will be the guy i suggested in an earlier post

So who is coaching Centrals Days??? you seem to know it all..........just keep sinking the boots in!! you are all very quick to bag the club and the coach but where were your teams???? not playing there on Sat at the GF, that's right you were not good enough to make it, have a look at your own backyards especially yours Days. has been at the bottom of the s**t heap for some time.
Yeah we lost the game, but from where we were last year its a massive turn around and we almost pinched it if it wasn't for bloody Cutting!! To have 4 teams make the finals and 3 through to the GF means the club must be doing something right.
The day itself, hosted by Gawler Central, was fantastic!! Great crowd 5800, great atmosphere, very well organised and four very good games of footy. As Nobby said, the best hosted GF in the BLG. Well done to everyone involved.
import
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 am

Jim05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Some lads wearing South Gawler tops enjoying their Monday on Murray Street. Must have bought a dodgy hotdog somewhere, as one of them just spewed into a bin.

Kids these days just cant handle their piss :lol:

We ran into them at the Criterion yesterday on our mad Monday travels
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:49 am

import wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
brook wrote:Two things really stood out for me yesterday.
1. Playing King when he couldn't even run half pace or kick over a jam jar.
2. Playing a kid because they had to fit the points in.
Massive coaching errors. Just because your a major sponsor
doesn't mean you can coach.

The Gawler Central hierachy also know this and he won't be coaching next year.

Mind you without his money they wouldnt have been in the grand final.
I reckon with all the money made from yesterday they will think they can bring in someone that can coach and keep the current cash players without needing his sponsorship dollars.
It will be the guy i suggested in an earlier post

So who is coaching Centrals Days??? you seem to know it all..........just keep sinking the boots in!! you are all very quick to bag the club and the coach but where were your teams???? not playing there on Sat at the GF, that's right you were not good enough to make it, have a look at your own backyards especially yours Days. has been at the bottom of the s**t heap for some time.
Yeah we lost the game, but from where we were last year its a massive turn around and we almost pinched it if it wasn't for bloody Cutting!! To have 4 teams make the finals and 3 through to the GF means the club must be doing something right.
The day itself, hosted by Gawler Central, was fantastic!! Great crowd 5800, great atmosphere, very well organised and four very good games of footy. As Nobby said, the best hosted GF in the BLG. Well done to everyone involved.

I reckon my club won more premierships than yours on saturday and we only needed one starter.
One GF in 10 years, yeah my club and Brooks club are real jealous.
If you were actually fron Centrals you would have worked out who i was talking about with the clues i gave.
Mark my words the guy im talking about has been approached
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby brook » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:54 am

Gawler Central have done a great job to be where they are.
Some people quickly forget where they came from.
Getting rid of a coach chasing the ultimate prize can sometime back fire.
Look what happen to them when they got rid of wakka.
brook
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Rabish Binney » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm

brook wrote:Gawler Central have done a great job to be where they are.
Some people quickly forget where they came from.
Getting rid of a coach chasing the ultimate prize can sometime back fire.
Look what happen to them when they got rid of wakka.

Would have thought that the GC hierarchy deserve at least some credit for their recruiting. After finishing 2nd bottom last season with 2 wins over the same club, they obviously knew where they were deficient and targetted those players to fill those roles.
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Postby brook » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Think you will find the players came as a 4 or 5 player package deal.
Centrals were getting what ever Marc Mercer brought them as long
as it included his brother.
The problem with this is if you get one off side when they are all off side.
brook
Rookie

Postby Extractor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:52 pm

brook wrote:Think you will find the players came as a 4 or 5 player package deal.

There are a lot of people a long way off the mark on this forum since Saturday. Looking forward to the apologies from everyone when the mass exodus of players and coach sackings dont take place!
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby brook » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Extractor wrote:
brook wrote:Think you will find the players came as a 4 or 5 player package deal.

There are a lot of people a long way off the mark on this forum since Saturday. Looking forward to the apologies from everyone when the mass exodus of players and coach sackings dont take place!

So King played because he was 100% fit to play.
You played an under 17 because he deserved his spot.
At the end of the day the coaching staff made some
terrible mistakes.
King wasn't fit, even blind Freddie could see that one.
Played with 13 points so had to play a junior. Not his fault
but looked out of his depth.
No talk of payers leaving. Just keeping all 5 players happy can be
a challenge.
What one of these statements is way off the markm?
brook
Rookie

Postby Extractor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:15 pm

brook wrote:
Extractor wrote:

So King played because he was 100% fit to play.
You played an under 17 because he deserved his spot.
At the end of the day the coaching staff made some
terrible mistakes.
King wasn't fit, even blind Freddie could see that one.
Played with 13 points so had to play a junior. Not his fault
but looked out of his depth.
No talk of payers leaving. Just keeping all 5 players happy can be
a challenge.
What one of these statements is way off the markm?

Kingy passed a fitness test on Thursday. When a bloke has 300 games on the board, passes a fitness test and says he is fit to play then you take his word for it...

If you saw Cam Reynolds play against Barossa in the 2nd Semi you would not have said he was out of his depth. I'm pretty sure most impartial observers would say that the benefit of Waylon Johncock in your side outweighs whatever we lost by having the kid in the side

How about we worry about having a crack at the 7 sides that finished below GC this year?
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby brook » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Fitness test :shock:
My mail is he wasn't right and everyone knew
it but obviously you and the coach.
As for Johncock quality player but surely you would pick your best side.
Are you saying because you had Johncock he was worth two players so
just play a fill in.
17's lost, B grade lost & A's lost.
I think this is a good example of pick your best & fittest side.
GC rolled the dice and lost hope they learn from this.
brook
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 pm

brook wrote:Fitness test :shock:
My mail is he wasn't right and everyone knew
it but obviously you and the coach.
As for Johncock quality player but surely you would pick your best side.
Are you saying because you had Johncock he was worth two players so
just play a fill in.
17's lost, B grade lost & A's lost.
I think this is a good example of pick your best & fittest side.
GC rolled the dice and lost hope they learn from this.

Easy to take a swipe at a team that lost a GF by 5 pts. Get a life!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Red Rocket » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Extractor wrote:
Kingy passed a fitness test on Thursday. When a bloke has 300 games on the board, passes a fitness test and says he is fit to play then you take his word for it...

If you saw Cam Reynolds play against Barossa in the 2nd Semi you would not have said he was out of his depth. I'm pretty sure most impartial observers would say that the benefit of Waylon Johncock in your side outweighs whatever we lost by having the kid in the side

How about we worry about having a crack at the 7 sides that finished below GC this year?

Why doesnt Central just play within its points allocation like most other clubs do?
Where have all your good colts gone?, been in the last 6 or 7 grannies at u17 level but how many have stayed on and are regular A graders. You guys had one bad season last year and instead of sucking it up and bringing on your juniors you went out with the cheque book and tried to buy a flag and you wonder why opposition clubs are laughing now :roll:
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Chuck Wepner » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm just thinking that reading this forum the Back to Back premiers who won both senior premierships have hardly rated a mention.
Surely that comeback deserves some credit. Roger's brave move to swap Commane and Sharp really influenced the result. Christie and Spencer were very good, young Watson did a brilliant job to keep Johncock out of the game. Is there a dynasty about to begin in Doggieland? Remember that in 2003-2004 they lost every A & B grade match & the league were trying to move them on. It's a great football story. :)
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Chuck Wepner wrote:I'm just thinking that reading this forum the Back to Back premiers who won both senior premierships have hardly rated a mention.
Surely that comeback deserves some credit. Roger's brave move to swap Commane and Sharp really influenced the result. Christie and Spencer were very good, young Watson did a brilliant job to keep Johncock out of the game. Is there a dynasty about to begin in Doggieland? Remember that in 2003-2004 they lost every A & B grade match & the league were trying to move them on. It's a great football story. :)

Yeah well done Barossa
Think they may be coming to the end of a dynasty rather than the beginning. 4 Flags from 06-13 is a fairly good run with the nucleus of the side moving on now or in the next couple years. May have one more good crack left in them.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Bag & Sledge » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
Extractor wrote:

Why doesnt Central just play within its points allocation like most other clubs do?
Where have all your good colts gone?, been in the last 6 or 7 grannies at u17 level but how many have stayed on and are regular A graders. You guys had one bad season last year and instead of sucking it up and bringing on your juniors you went out with the cheque book and tried to buy a flag and you wonder why opposition clubs are laughing now :roll:

Went out with the cheque book and tried to win a flag??!!
Just doing what every other club is doing is more the case!
But we were one goal away from no sledges on the forum??!!
And the coach was one goal away from a premiership coach and BLG coach of the year?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
Extractor wrote:

And the coach was one goal away from a premiership coach and BLG coach of the year?

Probably the most accurate statement to ever be made on this forum, but didn't happen so play on, the hunting season is still open
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Nocyrils » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
Extractor wrote:

Red Rocket you are an absolute toss bag. every club is trying to buy a premiership you peanut. So u can tell me buckets and freddie agius are playing for kapunda just for love. hahahahahahaha bone head. If you going to make stupid comments,keep them to yourself rather then post on here. Cause now everyone is laughing at you :roll:
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Nocyrils » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
Extractor wrote:

Red Rocket you are an absolute toss bag. every club is trying to buy a premiership you peanut. So u can tell me buckets and freddie agius are playing for kapunda just for love, thats just to name a few. hahahahahahaha . If you going to make stupid comments,keep them to yourself rather then post on here. Cause now everyone is laughing at you :roll:
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 am

Nocyrils wrote:[
Red Rocket you are an absolute toss bag. every club is trying to buy a premiership you peanut. So u can tell me buckets and freddie agius are playing for kapunda just for love. hahahahahahaha bone head. If you going to make stupid comments,keep them to yourself rather then post on here. Cause now everyone is laughing at you :roll:

They had 1 bad year, suck it up like most other clubs do, got plenty of good juniors at the club.
Even in our Premiership years we wouldnt of spent half what Centrals did this year.
Just go back to worrying about your own club, so how much did it cost Hamley to finish 3rd? :roll:
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Nocyrils » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:42 am

Red Rocket wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:[

They had 1 bad year, suck it up like most other clubs do, got plenty of good juniors at the club.
Even in our Premiership years we wouldnt of spent half what Centrals did this year.
Just go back to worrying about your own club, so how much did it cost Hamley to finish 3rd? :roll:

Aiden zwar another player getting good money . Kapunda out laying just as much coin as any club. And still cant finish in top 3. Kapunda do have good juniors but on the other hand they still have knob heads like red rocket around the club.
Nocyrils
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy