HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Archer11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 pm

I have heard that Ray Higgins has been given the job at Kangarilla.
Is there any other news on the job at Meadows??
Archer11

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby 2old2slow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Jenkins for meadows
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 pm

2old2slow wrote:Jenkins for meadows

Daryl Stanton a chance? :D
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Archer11 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Who are these people and where have they coached before.
Jenkins & Stanton
Archer11

Been liked: 0 time

Postby doubletrouble » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Have any clubs had any early ins and outs yet?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby flanker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:01 am

What are the thoughts of the country division clubs on Mt Lofty possibly being forced down for Echunga to move up to Central Division as is being discussed on the central forum?
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby doubletrouble » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:30 am

flanker wrote:What are the thoughts of the country division clubs on Mt Lofty possibly being forced down for Echunga to move up to Central Division as is being discussed on the central forum?

Who's big Fleety going to play for now?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm

What are people's thoughts on the relegation process? Sounds like Mt Lofty think they are too good for Country Div wanting the HFL to change the rules to keep them in Central Div. It shouldn't come to a vote by the clubs but I bet it does as the HFL are too weak to enforce the rules. If the HFL allow this it will cripple Country Div even further when they should be fixing it. Your club will be getting a phone call soon from Mt Lofty pitching their reasons for staying in Central and why the rules should be change to suit them. What a joke.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby backdoor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:44 pm

My understanding is to compete in Central Division you must field 5 teams and currently Echunga do not have all teams. The HFL should dismiss their application as they don't tick all the boxes, problem solved.
backdoor
Mini-League

Postby Champ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm

backdoor wrote:My understanding is to compete in Central Division you must field 5 teams and currently Echunga do not have all teams. The HFL should dismiss their application as they don't tick all the boxes, problem solved.

Clueless you are
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Champ wrote:
backdoor wrote:My understanding is to compete in Central Division you must field 5 teams and currently Echunga do not have all teams. The HFL should dismiss their application as they don't tick all the boxes, problem solved.

Clueless you are

You are incorrect backdoor. U13s are no longer compulsory however I believe Echunga will fill all junior grades.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby 2old2slow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 am

Being a long time observer of hills footy unless echunga attract a shit load of players they will get smashed in every grade(except maybe the A's) I think it could be a huge mistake going to central Maybe a huge ego trip for the Champ and Pocock If they do go up i think Mt lofty must bite the bullet and go to country div for a year or two
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Banker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:07 am

2old2slow wrote:Being a long time observer of hills footy unless echunga attract a shit load of players they will get smashed in every grade(except maybe the A's) I think it could be a huge mistake going to central Maybe a huge ego trip for the Champ and Pocock If they do go up i think Mt lofty must bite the bullet and go to country div for a year or two

Just like everyone said about Ironbank in 2002.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Champ » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 am

2old2slow wrote:Being a long time observer of hills footy unless echunga attract a shit load of players they will get smashed in every grade(except maybe the A's) I think it could be a huge mistake going to central Maybe a huge ego trip for the Champ and Pocock If they do go up i think Mt lofty must bite the bullet and go to country div for a year or two

Firstly pocock has absolutely NO ego! Nicest bloke you'll meet! Secondly - I have a huge ego but that doens't count for much as I support two HFL clubs.
Now with all of your 'long time' observations do you sincerely believe for one minute that a club being promoted following one teams premiership is going to be ego filled or stupidly approach the new competition without so much as a recruit.
If I was a betting man I'd say that Echunga would have two directions in 2014, don't come bottom and bolstering the juniors.

If it evenutates that the Demons go up I will stand by my word they will not be a spot to be relegated at the end of the 2014 season. Otherwise I will eat your head.
Last edited by Champ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am

I wonder if there are any Meadows juniors that might be looking for a move down the road to the Demons for a regualr game in 2014?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Mt Lofty have been on the phone. They believe they will remain in Central as most the Country Div clubs will fold or merge soon creating one division of 13 or 14 clubs. So they believe being one of the larger town clubs they have a right to stay in Central. What a bunch of arrogant pricks.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

Afterthesiren wrote:Mt Lofty have been on the phone. They believe they will remain in Central as most the Country Div clubs will fold or merge soon creating one division of 13 or 14 clubs. So they believe being one of the larger town clubs they have a right to stay in Central. What a bunch of arrogant pricks.

Probably only one thing left to do and that's stamp their feet.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby flanker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Mt Lofty have been on the phone. They believe they will remain in Central as most the Country Div clubs will fold or merge soon creating one division of 13 or 14 clubs. So they believe being one of the larger town clubs they have a right to stay in Central. What a bunch of arrogant pricks.

Who said that? Pretty ordinary thing to say I reckon, nobody is "too big" to be outside the rules. People just need to accept it and move on.
flanker
Rookie

Postby cracka » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 pm

flanker wrote:

Who said that? Pretty ordinary thing to say I reckon, nobody is "too big" to be outside the rules. People just need to accept it and move on.

I don't believe anyone said anything. A fair bit of creative posting there I think.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby rock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

I heard this from a reliable source too and I'm an outsider looking in on this league so some factual posting for a change. Refreshing :)
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy