Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby jim5112 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Wedgie wrote:You'd think if Fos had such vision he wohldnt have taken on an interstate teams club song for his own?
I'm looking forward to when Beenreal gets to a summary of 1905.
One goal in mind wasn't it?

You'd know Wedgie.

And you all feel free to bring up any decade you like. I love any opportunity to tell how we dominated the competition.

How did the 2000's pan out Champ?

Even with the lack of success over the last decade, I wonder how doggies supporters feel knowing you will never be able to win a premiership against the real magpies.

SO UPSET!!! ... oh wait, I'm ok now...

We will never beat Kensington or Victorians either. Nobody cares.
jim5112
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Big Phil » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 am

Suggestions on the Central forum that Aseri Raikiwasa may have signed with the Dogs?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 am

Big Phil wrote:Suggestions on the Central forum that Aseri Raikiwasa may have signed with the Dogs?

I've been told he's signed on to stay at the Power
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:53 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Suggestions on the Central forum that Aseri Raikiwasa may have signed with the Dogs?

yeah hearing that Killer, Aseri and Sharrod have signed on, and potentially Summerton
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 pm

pafc1870 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

yeah hearing that Killer, Aseri and Sharrod have signed on, and potentially Summerton

Given his tirade of abuse on social media? Find that one rather strange if the case.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:46 pm

heater31 wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Given his tirade of abuse on social media? Find that one rather strange if the case.

It was rumoured that he might and yes agreed heater, very strange given his opinion on the Power Reserves situation.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby beenreal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Summo was called to a meeting with KT after his tirade for a mutual explanation and walked out satisfied. As are the likes of Jeremy Clayton, etc.

Amazing what happens when you buy into the facts and not paranoid supposition!

Looks like the doomsdayers, predicting a mass exodus will have to reassess some ill-thought out assumptions. Probably too much to expect though 8)
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm

beenreal wrote:Summo was called to a meeting with KT after his tirade for a mutual explanation and walked out satisfied. As are the likes of Jeremy Clayton, etc.

Looks like the doomsdayers, predicting a mass exodus will have to reassess some ill-thought out assumptions. Probably too much to expect though 8)

Still yet to secure your most important Magpie players in Sam Gray & Kory Beard. Only a handful of players at this stage are being mentioned to be staying

Still find it strange that Summerton would want to stick around given his initial response. Has he taken integrity lessons from S.Trigg and J.Hird?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby sjt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm

heater31 wrote:
beenreal wrote:Summo was called to a meeting with KT after his tirade for a mutual explanation and walked out satisfied. As are the likes of Jeremy Clayton, etc.

Still yet to secure your most important Magpie players in Sam Gray & Kory Beard. Only a handful of players at this stage are being mentioned to be staying

Still find it strange that Summerton would want to stick around given his initial response. Has he taken integrity lessons from S.Trigg and J.Hird?

I guess it depends on what contract they offer him.
The tirade was after a player meeting, surprising they didn't give him the "facts" then.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby beenreal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:46 pm

sjt wrote:
heater31 wrote:

The tirade was after a player meeting, surprising they didn't give him the "facts" then.

But not directly after. KT has subsequently spoken of his compromised position in relation to the amount of information coming from the $ANFL and the other clubs.

So now Summerton's Facebook post is now being compared to systematic rorting of the AFL Salary Cap. Why stop there, how about comparing him to Adolf Hitler? :roll:

The PAFC's SANFL list is expected to be released late October/early November. No doubt when it contains a plethora of names currently being bandied around as deserting the club, your next adopted position will be that Port Adelaide need to be investigated for shady dealings.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Histrionics.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby centrecirclelegend » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Nick Salter is an out for the Eagles he signed with Ainslee in the Act today. He's too good for that league, what a waste. Had offers from other clubs here too.
centrecirclelegend
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

centrecirclelegend wrote:Nick Salter is an out for the Eagles he signed with Ainslee in the Act today. He's too good for that league, what a waste. Had offers from other clubs here too.

I doubt he is that concerned with the standard of footy players around him. I reckon he is someone who exited the AFL system with no obvious post-footy career in mind and hence is chasing $$ in the short-term. Much like Robert Shirley.

I have no doubt he'll be back in a year or two. Canberra isn't a place people fall in love with and eventually he'll tire of being a full-time footy player in a medicore league.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Dols » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 pm

heater31 wrote:

Don't need yo secure gray or beard if the power rookie list them!!
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby sjt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 pm

beenreal wrote:
sjt wrote:
heater31 wrote:

But not directly after. KT has subsequently spoken of his compromised position in relation to the amount of information coming from the $ANFL and the other clubs.

So now Summerton's Facebook post is now being compared to systematic rorting of the AFL Salary Cap. Why stop there, how about comparing him to Adolf Hitler? :roll:

The PAFC's SANFL list is expected to be released late October/early November. No doubt when it contains a plethora of names currently being bandied around as deserting the club, your next adopted position will be that Port Adelaide need to be investigated for shady dealings.

Summerton on $400 a game sounds about right, doesn't it?
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

Postby eaglehaslanded » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
centrecirclelegend wrote:Nick Salter is an out for the Eagles he signed with Ainslee in the Act today. He's too good for that league, what a waste. Had offers from other clubs here too.

I doubt he is that concerned with the standard of footy players around him. I reckon he is someone who exited the AFL system with no obvious post-footy career in mind and hence is chasing $$ in the short-term. Much like Robert Shirley.

I have no doubt he'll be back in a year or two. Canberra isn't a place people fall in love with and eventually he'll tire of being a full-time footy player in a medicore league.

Robert Shirley was initially recruited to WWTFC from Ainslee, he simply went back there after he was cut from the AFL list.
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby SimonH » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:08 am

sjt wrote:Summerton on $400 a game sounds about right, doesn't it?
Conspiracy theorist!
SimonH
Under 18s

Been liked: 62 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 am

eaglehaslanded wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

Robert Shirley was initially recruited to WWTFC from Ainslee, he simply went back there after he was cut from the AFL list.

Well that stuffs up a good theory.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:41 am

Just a reminder we have plenty of topics about the AFL reserves teams, I'll just start deleting posts from other topics that belong more at home in the AFL reserves topics.
Cheers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Smashed Crab » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:53 am

eaglehaslanded wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

Got any evidence of that? Pretty certain Rob grew up playing on the Eyre Peninsula in the Whyalla region. Hence his return to the EP to play footy this year, albeit in a different league.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL