Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Bully » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 am

Sitting at a set of lights, behind another car. Waiting to turn right at the intersection. The green arrow goes out, whilst the through traffic light is green. The car in front DOES NOT merge out say half a car length into the intersection where its still safe to do so when the green arrow has gone out. The lights change to red, the driver does not have enough time to make the turn. you are then forced to wait another set of lights change

*sigh*....pet hate of mine
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am

Bully wrote:Sitting at a set of lights, behind another car. Waiting to turn right at the intersection. The green arrow goes out, whilst the through traffic light is green. The car in front DOES NOT merge out say half a car length into the intersection where its still safe to do so when the green arrow has gone out. The lights change to red, the driver does not have enough time to make the turn. you are then forced to wait another set of lights change

I've got to agree with that one, I'm not sure if people have forgotten (for those old enough) how we had to negotiate all signalled intersections prior to turning arrows being added or they don't understand that they can fully enter the intersection and turn when it's safe, not only that, once the lights turn red, if you are already in the intersection all other traffic must give way to you before they proceed.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Bully » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Ian wrote:
Bully wrote:Sitting at a set of lights, behind another car. Waiting to turn right at the intersection. The green arrow goes out, whilst the through traffic light is green. The car in front DOES NOT merge out say half a car length into the intersection where its still safe to do so when the green arrow has gone out. The lights change to red, the driver does not have enough time to make the turn. you are then forced to wait another set of lights change

I've got to agree with that one, I'm not sure if people have forgotten (for those old enough) how we had to negotiate all signalled intersections prior to turning arrows being added or they don't understand that they can fully enter the intersection and turn when it's safe, not only that, once the lights turn red, if you are already in the intersection all other traffic must give way to you before they proceed.

before the south rd/Anzac upgrade there was the right hand turn from Anzac to south rd (southbound) which had this very issue. I sat behind an old lady for about 7 light changes who refused to merge into the middle of the intersection. I got out of the car and knocked on her window about 4 times during this period , there would have been about 20 cars lined up at this time. Not happy jan!!
Bully
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 pm

i dont know about the olden days, but now you're taught if you aren't comfortable crossing traffic, to wait until you are. It doesn't matter if you frustrate people behind you. It annoys me too. But I do understand people waiting until they're sure they can go. A lots at stake if they get it wrong.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:12 pm

HH3 wrote:i dont know about the olden days, but now you're taught if you aren't comfortable crossing traffic, to wait until you are. It doesn't matter if you frustrate people behind you. It annoys me too. But I do understand people waiting until they're sure they can go. A lots at stake if they get it wrong.

That's a fair call, but I think if simple things like that make some drivers uncomfortable, then it's time to hand in their licence. I think the same should apply to drivers who sit 10-15kms (or more) under the speed limit in fair conditions. A lot of people don't realize that driving too slow is dangerous to other drivers too.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
HH3 wrote:i dont know about the olden days, but now you're taught if you aren't comfortable crossing traffic, to wait until you are. It doesn't matter if you frustrate people behind you. It annoys me too. But I do understand people waiting until they're sure they can go. A lots at stake if they get it wrong.

That's a fair call, but I think if simple things like that make some drivers uncomfortable, then it's time to hand in their licence. I think the same should apply to drivers who sit 10-15kms (or more) under the speed limit in fair conditions. A lot of people don't realize that driving too slow is dangerous to other drivers too.

I agree with that one. I was stuck behind someone doing 40 in a clearly marked 60 zone this morning. He took every turn I did, and nearly made me late for work.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 pm

HH3 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

I agree with that one. I was stuck behind someone doing 40 in a clearly marked 60 zone this morning. He took every turn I did, and nearly made me late for work.

That would shit me royally, and I believe my horn would get a fair workout lol.

Speed limits are there for a reason...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

What is even more frustrating are those drivers who sit on 90 or so in 110 zones and then when you come to a passing lane and the road is wider get their confidence back and speed up, making passing them on the passing lane (legally) impossible.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Psyber wrote:then when you come to a passing lane and the road is wider get their confidence back and speed up, making passing them on the passing lane (legally) impossible.

Or they are doing that just to sh*t you....
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bully » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

yep agreed
Bully
Coach

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

That'd work well during the times where they don't use the turn arrows, 2 or 3 hours would be a long wait!!

Seriously, it's a very simple skill, you enter the intersection and wait until it's safe to proceed, if you have to wait until the lights go red so be it, you then proceed as all other traffic has to give way until you have finished your turn.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I think one of the biggest problems at the moment, learners are taught how to pass a test, not necessarily how to drive properly, the current system is seriously flawed.
Ian

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Next doors little yapper Jack Russell escaping and attacking Fat Cat in MY back yard.

I'll be sticking the vet bill under their door :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bully » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 am

Ian wrote:I think one of the biggest problems at the moment, learners are taught how to pass a test, not necessarily how to drive properly, the current system is seriously flawed.

its 85,000 a year for a driving instructor ( as a minimum new entrance into the business) also, well it was when I enquired. An ex of mine when she did her driving on the log book her instructor kept falling asleep while she was driving. She had to drive over speed bumps fast and blast the horn to wake him up. but this involves weekend works and I think most cases you need to provided your own car

I agree, I don't see why it is so hard to enter the intersection where it is safe . Yes you could get hit from cars coming the other way but this is the risk anyway when entering a intersection . You cant help stupid people not knowing what they are doing
Bully
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 am

Footy Chick wrote:Next doors little yapper Jack Russell escaping and attacking Fat Cat in MY back yard.

I'll be sticking the vet bill under their door :?

You should be upset that your Fat Cat couldn't tear a Jack Russell to shreds!

( I hope Fat Cat is ok )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:22 am

I have a new favourite dog.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Katie Perry 'Eye of the TIger' and you're going to hear me roar-or-or-or ACK. Utter shite.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Katie Perry 'Eye of the TIger' and you're going to hear me roar-or-or-or ACK. Utter shite.

regards,

REB

I 100% agree. My missus loves it, and I told her its probably the worst song I've heard this year.

I could write 1000x better lyrics than these **** heads.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:05 pm

she sings??? i've honestly never seen her mouth move...

:shock: =P~ :X

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Psyber wrote:then when you come to a passing lane and the road is wider get their confidence back and speed up, making passing them on the passing lane (legally) impossible.
Or they are doing that just to sh*t you....
Good question, but I'm usually careful not to tailgate them, or do anything that may provoke that reaction...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion