Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
beeroclock wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:5 teenagers named for WT tommorow, including Capt. Start of a new era.

Fair effort.
Prospect have 3 kids playing C Grade today that still have two years of U/16 cricket up their sleeves. One has 3 and is only 13 and is four foot high WTF.

Are these kids genuine prodigies or are they battling for numbers?

You'd hope kids aren't getting played out of their ability level to field full sides. If they've unearthed some gems though then good on them. Callum Ferguson played A's for them at 14.

Daniel Drew and Spencer Johnson are gems. Drew a very very talented off spinner and has a attitude to match and Spencer is a tall left arm quick, still raw, but has an enormous amount of untapped talent. Ben Williams is a tall quick, who is still growing into his body but he is undoubtably going to be a very good bowler once it all comes together for him.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:14 am

Those West Torrens kids are 18 or so though. I know those three go ok.

I was wondering more about the Prospect kids who are 13/14.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Those West Torrens kids are 18 or so though. I know those three go ok.

Smith goes ok too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Seems to be a bit of rumour and innuendo surrounding Adelaide CC.

Fact 1 - ACC have terminated their contract with their curators. Regrettably the club has had to end a long standing relationship when both parties seem to be moving in opposite directions.

Fact 2 - Pitches will be prepared for the weekend.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby The Hound » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Wouldn't be the first club to part ways with the same curators
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby beeroclock » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Those West Torrens kids are 18 or so though. I know those three go ok.

Young one being played as a bat.
Another is a leggie/bat.
Other is a medium at best/bat.
Think they all failed on the weekend.
You'd think you would have outstanding stats to warrant a C grade game and earn a spot.
Hope it doesn't destroy their confidence.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby oldeagle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't know who A S Lididard is but he's certainly cashed in on Adelaide's tight bowling early V East Torrens. 6 overs 4/13.
oldeagle
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby heater31 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:44 pm

oldeagle wrote:I don't know who A S Lididard is but he's certainly cashed in on Adelaide's tight bowling early V East Torrens. 6 overs 4/13.

Chuck Berry is that you? ;)

Kane Richardson and Luke Robins first ballers in that lot a well.
heater31

Postby tigerpie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 pm

The Hound wrote:Wouldn't be the first club to part ways with the same curators

Haha...Yep! You ol hound dog you.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 am

Fantastic 150no from TTGDCC opener Matt Cuconits on the weekend against Kensies in only his 2nd A grade game. Hopefully the first of many for coco.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 am

Any other club's Premier League players comment on how much more enjoyable club cricket is that what they have been playing for the past few weeks?

Some major tweaking required if that is the case....
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am

heater31 wrote:Any other club's Premier League players comment on how much more enjoyable club cricket is that what they have been playing for the past few weeks?

Some major tweaking required if that is the case....

Na probably the opposite out our way mate, our guys have bought into it and said its been done pretty well. Well the ones I have spoken to. Mind you they have been winning :lol: the majority of the Edge players are mates off the field which helps a tad.

Also, Weavs and Tim Evans getting a chance at FC level on the back of PL form as SACA promised has helped the cause.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby the star » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am

heater31, played at adelaide cc yesterday and things appear not to be all roses there at the moment? whats happening?
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 am

the star wrote:heater31, played at adelaide cc yesterday and things appear not to be all roses there at the moment? whats happening?

As part of the Outbacks? Should have made the effort to get down there.....

Off field it is slightly a dogs breakfast, plenty of people have opinions but no body wants to put their hand up.

Grounds the biggest concern, we blew the budget very early last season and wanted to keep a tight rein on expenses, we had volunteers namely the club coach offering to do some menial tasks such as primary school pitch prep and some watering after matches and practice square after use.

Contractor appeared to be sympathetic to our plight in a face to face meeting 2 weeks ago but their tune soon changed and resulted in an ultimatum to the committee, don't see why the customer (club) needs a barrell held to its head to a contractor who is paid for their services.....

Oh and I'm guessing I need to buy more Super Dry for the fridge.....
heater31

Postby The Hound » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Super dry's were certainly flying out the fridge on Saturday night! always nice to start the season on a positive.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 pm

The Hound wrote:Super dry's were certainly flying out the fridge on Saturday night! always nice to start the season on a positive.

Yeah a whole bloody carton went Walkabout and ended up in the changeroom fridge.....:lol:

After those country lads went through I doubt there is any of those and a fair dent in the stock of WED!
heater31

Postby tigerpie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:02 pm

heater31 wrote:
the star wrote:heater31, played at adelaide cc yesterday and things appear not to be all roses there at the moment? whats happening?

Off field it is slightly a dogs breakfast, plenty of people have opinions but no body wants to put their hand up.

Grounds the biggest concern, we blew the budget very early last season and wanted to keep a tight rein on expenses, we had volunteers namely the club coach offering to do some menial tasks such as primary school pitch prep and some watering after matches and practice square after use.

Contractor appeared to be sympathetic to our plight in a face to face meeting 2 weeks ago but their tune soon changed and resulted in an ultimatum to the committee, don't see why the customer (club) needs a barrell held to its head to a contractor who is paid for their services.....

Sound familiar Hound?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm

heater31 wrote:

Oh the joys of it all.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby the star » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 pm

heater31 wrote:

Yeah part of the outbacks, had last years team on to this years hopefuls, good hit out for all. had to lay the black mats out around the square as the sprinklers were on overnight, resulting in some puddles and quite wet areas.

Yeah heard from a few people that the curating is an issue, hopefully it can be resolved, have always enjoyed playing at Glandore batting and bowling. Is it right the new coach is taking it on a bit now?

Not sure how much was drunk, I took a roadie as had to make a flight back to Lincoln but a few boys were around the place
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:45 pm

My shelves are bare you bastards! Yeah a programming issue with the sprinklers.

Correct Coach will be taking on some duties with Trent Kelly's company a consultant when required.
heater31

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps