SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby Upthefalcons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 am

Blackwhite wrote:Do you have any inside information by any chance Upthefalcons?

Haven't heard anything yet. But I hope they have recruited some players as that hasn't been a strong point for the club in the past!
Upthefalcons

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:27 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:

Haven't heard anything yet. But I hope they have recruited some players as that hasn't been a strong point for the club in the past!

It has been when the evil emperor has had his cheque book open...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Follower » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:PNU coming second in the poll. What's the information coming out of PNU? Have they recruited? Any big name players?

This means there is a fair amount of Payneham people on here!!! :lol:
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:

Would be fantastic if the club could land some big players! I have a gut feeling that they may very well be on the hunt for a couple very well known players ;)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Upthefalcons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:It has been when the evil emperor has had his cheque book open...

After a Premiership, i think the club may be in the position to open there cheque book and get some quality players. The executive committee this year has been incredible! It was the first time in years that all players have paid there subs. Sure hope this success caries into next year and the committee continue there great work from this year. :D
Upthefalcons

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It has been when the evil emperor has had his cheque book open...

After a Premiership, i think the club may be in the position to open there cheque book and get some quality players. The executive committee this year has been incredible! It was the first time in years that all players have paid there subs. Sure hope this success caries into next year and the committee continue there great work from this year. :D

:shock: So, it's been closed the last few years?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:44 pm

S Demon wrote:
Upthefalcons wrote:

:shock: So, it's been closed the last few years?

Nah, that was the petty cash he pulled from the ashtray ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Heard on MMM (great source i know) that 2 North Adelaide reserve players have signed with a Div 2 club for apparently $700 a game plus substantial sign on fees.

Anyone else heard of a few SANFL Ressie players coming to div 2?
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby old farmer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Johnny Boras and another North Adelaide player signed with Broadview didn't they????? That would probably be the 2
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Bozzas only on $675 a game so probably someone else :-)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby bird of prey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 am

Suri wrote:Heard on MMM (great source i know) that 2 North Adelaide reserve players have signed with a Div 2 club for apparently $700 a game plus substantial sign on fees.

You tell us Suri. Walkerville the only club I know of that pay in those sorts of amounts.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby SATCHEL » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 am

From memory Walkerville dont pay players!!!!

Seriously there will be a lot of this going on over the next few years with all the changes in the SANFL. If a club can afford to pay players and build on keeping them rather than just a quick fix to get back up then all the best to them. Last year proved this for many clubs. Dangerous area but i do see the player payments starting to rise from here on. The point system will be in tatters for some clubs if they dont come across as 0's.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Fricky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

bird of prey wrote:
Suri wrote:Heard on MMM (great source i know) that 2 North Adelaide reserve players have signed with a Div 2 club for apparently $700 a game plus substantial sign on fees.

You tell us Suri. Walkerville the only club I know of that pay in those sorts of amounts.

Was waiting for this response, and I'm sure that you know of a few clubs that pay big sums for players.

I'm not on the committee so I have no idea how much players are/were getting paid but I would HIGHLY doubt that Walkies would be able to pay the match payments and sign on fees these guys apparently got. When I was playing we received "Walkies Dollars" as match payments and I think they are bringing them back this season.

And from what Old Farmer has said it seems these North's players have gone to Broadies.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby bird of prey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:58 am

Suri wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

Was waiting for this response, and I'm sure that you know of a few clubs that pay big sums for players.

I'm not on the committee so I have no idea how much players are/were getting paid but I would HIGHLY doubt that Walkies would be able to pay the match payments and sign on fees these guys apparently got. When I was playing we received "Walkies Dollars" as match payments and I think they are bringing them back this season.

And from what Old Farmer has said it seems these North's players have gone to Broadies.

Ha. There were a handful of players on amounts similar to that with you guys last year. But I guess only half of that was in Walkerville's footy budget, since the other half was coming from the coach.
Nothing wrong at all with paying that sort of money if you can afford to, and if it doesn't damage the culture of the club. Be interesting to see how Walkerville respond next year. Definitely some rebuilding to do.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Bozzas only on $675 a game so probably someone else :-)

and your info has come from where :shock: if your source is reliable perhaps they know the identity of the other player
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3709 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 am

Gepps?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 am

locky801 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Bozzas only on $675 a game so probably someone else :-)

and your info has come from where :shock: if your source is reliable perhaps they know the identity of the other player

My information comes from Chris Boras, Johnnys Dad. is that good enough for you :shock: ...The figure of $675 was only a pisstake however based on a previous post where he was mentioned as getting $700 ;) . I have no interest in knowing what remuneration he will receive and did not even have an inclination to ask. He is a bloke that can seriously play though and would be getting more than a bag of lollies and a coke. Being a Broadview junior im sure the club got real value for the asset they have acquired especially considering a two hour drive on a Saturday morning would have neeted him $1,200 a game.

At any rate im looking forward to getting down to Tigerland a few times this year now im living round the corner and seeing the man-child in action and hopefully "The white Flash" Andy Read wont be injured that week and i can see him in full flight as well.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Hairy_Cat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:36 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Suri wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
Suri wrote:.

Be interesting to see how Walkerville respond next year. Definitely some rebuilding to do.

Looking fwd to what 2014 will bring. I have no doubt we will improve on where we finished in 2013. There will be big changes under the new coaching committee and blokes playing in the blue and white next year will be there for the right reasons.
Hairy_Cat

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:10 am

grasshopper22 wrote:

Gepps?

Yep Gepps have signed 2 North midfielders, think one played a few games League last year. The other will be a good div 2 midfielder. Both MFC Juniors also!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby EB53 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:56 pm

And if you listen to the November Knowitalls, they got a $5K sign on and at least $800 a game each.

Surely the propoganda that goes around at this time of the year can be seen through like a plain glass door. Players love upping their ante, ego driven to see who wants to believe the biggest story.
The bigger problem then becomes that some idiots fall for the story!
EB53
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League