SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Cohiba » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Far out plenty of coaching gigs out there atm.

Could do worse than deeman and or Yank Man!

inimitable

?????
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Cohiba wrote:
marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Far out plenty of coaching gigs out there atm.

Could do worse than deeman and or Yank Man!

inimitable

?????

Only those who have had the privilege to have coached morell, and the excitement of coaching against marbles beloved Henley can understand both of their double dutch comments Cohiba. I think they are a compliment? :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby BPwizard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Yes correct after 2 years i have decided not to coach Angle Vale in 2014 my heart was not in it even thou i had a verbal commitment in the time from Wednesday after the GF i had not put pen to paper so an opportunity arised and i jumped at it, and have taken up a position with Trinity Old Scholars helping Scott the playing coach out.
I look forward to the move to Div 5 with the possiblity of coaching the A grade in 2015 as it will be Scott's last year next season 2014.

Looking forward to being able to give a chance to a few players to come across and have a crack at a higher division.
Some position in football fall into place and the move to Trinty has happened with some good timing with a good mate Luke Mcracken coaching the B grade it was like abit of a package deal to get both of us.
Looking forward to the soild commitment that the players from Trinity give every season and work with such a young committee made up of players who help run and play for the club.

All up i wish Angle Vale the best in Div 6 the step up is going to be hard. And the committment from players and club has to lift over 100% to stay up in the higher div.

Now i get to move to the Div 5 Thread.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:09 am

BPwizard wrote:Yes correct after 2 years i have decided not to coach Angle Vale in 2014 my heart was not in it even thou i had a verbal commitment in the time from Wednesday after the GF i had not put pen to paper so an opportunity arised and i jumped at it, and have taken up a position with Trinity Old Scholars helping Scott the playing coach out.
I look forward to the move to Div 5 with the possiblity of coaching the A grade in 2015 as it will be Scott's last year next season 2014.

Looking forward to being able to give a chance to a few players to come across and have a crack at a higher division.
Some position in football fall into place and the move to Trinty has happened with some good timing with a good mate Luke Mcracken coaching the B grade it was like abit of a package deal to get both of us.
Looking forward to the soild commitment that the players from Trinity give every season and work with such a young committee made up of players who help run and play for the club.

All up i wish Angle Vale the best in Div 6 the step up is going to be hard. And the committment from players and club has to lift over 100% to stay up in the higher div.

Gotta look after numero uno, good opportunity, best of luck with TOS
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Riddler » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
BPwizard wrote:Yes correct after 2 years i have decided not to coach Angle Vale in 2014 my heart was not in it even thou i had a verbal commitment in the time from Wednesday after the GF i had not put pen to paper so an opportunity arised and i jumped at it, and have taken up a position with Trinity Old Scholars helping Scott the playing coach out.

Gotta look after numero uno, good opportunity, best of luck with TOS

Interesting....Does this also apply to Wayne Knowles Phantom?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 am

The Riddler wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Gotta look after numero uno, good opportunity, best of luck with TOS

Interesting....Does this also apply to Wayne Knowles Phantom?

Yep, same thing, if Wayne feels ML is the best move and choice for him then so be it, hope he enjoys his time and has some success.

I personally had some ill feelings towards it at first, but more to do with the abruptness of the decision - especially given what the side had just achieved.

The fact of the matter is that if someone wants to be a senior coach, they can't stay stagnant in one place for too long anyway - need to seek out opportunities and continue to move on. Wayne played an integral role at Ingle Farm in achieving success and having the desired impact and influence the club was after at the time and now both parties move on and look to further blossom.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:06 am

Nice little back hand swipe at the people trying to run Angle Vale there mate. Good to see you are going to try and take players across as well.

Just a couple of questions. When you sat Solid commitment isn't that a two way street.
Club tried its best to run fun raisers but someone else choose to organize his own events on the same day?
Club tried to introduce A grade to wear slacks to the games but when the A grade coach refuses to wear them what does that tell the players?
secondstring

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 am

And you are right Phantom and The Riddler, looking at this pic looks like Ingle Farm have moved on and treated the last coach with respect
Attachments
IF.jpg
IF.jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 10180 times
secondstring

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 am

secondstring wrote:And you are right Phantom and The Riddler, looking at this pic looks like Ingle Farm have moved on and treated the last coach with respect

Nothing to do with me, would be foolish and ignorant to think there isn't or wouldn't be people at the club that still have ill feelings towards him.

Can blur his face out of a team photo, but wont change the fact he is a premiership coach.

New coach, new ideas, new enthusiasm - Ingle Farm have moved on.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby lutz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:32 am

Childish actions on behalf of a few people from IF there. Respect works both ways; it's things like that photo which give IF a bad name; should be more professional than that.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby morell » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Jeebus kill it with fire.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby old farmer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:01 pm

secondstring wrote:And you are right Phantom and The Riddler, looking at this pic looks like Ingle Farm have moved on and treated the last coach with respect

Good try Second string. This is the second time you have brought this up in a poor attempt to get a bite. First anyone at IF has seen of this photo, sure this is not your handy work???? Is Secondstring, is this your only username and is Bridgewater really your club. I doubt it.
Wayne will always be a premiership coach at IF, and will always be in the premiership photo that hangs on our walls. Simple as that.
Maybe you are just disappointed that his decision did not get the attention you wanted, just my guess.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh Old farmer you are so confused. I know for a fact one of your senior players who played in the grand final has that exact pic as his wallpaper on his Facebook page. I can even post the screen shot of his page if you like?
secondstring

Postby X Runna » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:25 pm

secondstring wrote:Oh Old farmer you are so confused. I know for a fact one of your senior players who played in the grand final has that exact pic as his wallpaper on his Facebook page. I can even post the screen shot of his page if you like?

So does this mean it's the club's official post? Grow some brains you idiot, we have done some great things as a club over the past 2 seasons, do you really think we would throw it all down the shitter with an official picture like this?
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby secondstring » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 pm

X Runna im just replying to Old Farmers post saying no one at IF has seen this pic. I'm not saying you haven't done any good things at your club, im just saying don't try say no one has sen this pic
secondstring

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 pm

secondstring wrote:Oh Old farmer you are so confused. I know for a fact one of your senior players who played in the grand final has that exact pic as his wallpaper on his Facebook page. I can even post the screen shot of his page if you like?

as if, u aint got the plums
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby BPwizard » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

secondstring wrote:Nice little back hand swipe at the people trying to run Angle Vale there mate. Good to see you are going to try and take players across as well.
secondstring wrote:Just a couple of questions. When you sat Solid commitment isn't that a two way street.
Club tried its best to run fun raisers but someone else choose to organize his own events on the same day?
Club tried to introduce A grade to wear slacks to the games but when the A grade coach refuses to wear them what does that tell the players?

Nice try Secondstring stirring crap like you do a faceless person behind a keyboard.
I will answer your questions

The so called fundraiser you are talking about the date was changed 3 times for that and me and certain players had organised well in advance to goto town for dinner with our wives and partners, and last time i checked i am not reponsible to attend every event the club orgainises as not in my contract and i do have another life away from football.

This year of 2013 the club never approached me about wearing slacks for the players in 2012 when i took over the roll as senior coach i gave that decision to the playing group and they did not want to wear slacks to the game. Also i have been at alot bigger clubs and more successfull and never encountered the slacks thing like i have in the lower division. Like i said if the club had offical endorsed it then it could have been a different story, but they did not and the option was my decision and i gave that decision back to the players.

You say commitment is a two way street that is correct but i was contracted for two years and i was committeed for my two years and i acheveied the goal i set which was promotion into div 6 and play in a GF, unfortunately we lost the GF but i still honoured my committment for the two years and for over many weeks of thinking i decided my heart was not in it at Angle Vale, as i thought i had offered everything i had to offer and it was time to move on. Plus if i had no committment why would i supply skips bins to the club for the whole season to get rid of all there waste at a cost out of my own pocket, gee that to me shows commitmment and saved them money by not have to pay for the waste to be removed.

What and you think it is wrong to take players to another club you goto, what rock have u been under ur whole life players can swap clubs if they like and certain players follower coaches, i am just lucky that a few players have chosen to follow me and that is there decision and i am humble that i have had an impact on them as a coach

last of all why you keep stiring Ingle Farm and Wayne leaving, i think you just stir crap as know one knows who you are and u like it like that but, maybe Wayne in the end was like me he had done all he could with Ingle farm and with the excitment of a GF it is easy to agree to go around again when you are so pumped in footy. And if a club sacks a coach mid year know one sparks up and says that is wrong just because a coach pulls the pin everyone gets a bit shitty.

And well done to Ingle Farm on the signing of the New coach Daniel Schell and Good luck to Wayne at Mawson lakes
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby morell » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 pm

secondstring wrote:A grade to wear slacks to the games
Separate to the overall discussion, who the **** bought this stupid palaver in? Brahma Lodge were the first to do it in the "lower" grades I think. I remember laughing my head off when I saw them.

One of the worst club rules I have ever heard of. Whoever thunk it is clearly a tradey or outside worker who doesn't have to work in slacks day in day out, let alone putting your trousers in a sweaty, dirty, prone to random acts of water football bag.

Tidy jeans are fine.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 pm

morell wrote:
secondstring wrote:A grade to wear slacks to the games
Separate to the overall discussion, who the **** bought this stupid palaver in? Brahma Lodge were the first to do it in the "lower" grades I think. I remember laughing my head off when I saw them.

One of the worst club rules I have ever heard of. Whoever thunk it is clearly a tradey or outside worker who doesn't have to work in slacks day in day out, let alone putting your trousers in a sweaty, dirty, prone to random acts of water football bag.

Tidy jeans are fine.

how about all players to arrive to game dressed as lions?

marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 am

I like it marby!

Maybe all the Henley guys can rock up in boat shoes, their girlfriends denim shirts and a nipple singlet?
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League