Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm

FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:
OnSong wrote:
FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:Any truth to the rumour of Scott Galbraith to Virginia for $700 and him being their boom recruit?
And Ricky Thomas to Longies for $550?

Both dramatically overpaid IMHO.

Not sure on the Longies rumour but Virginia are yet to reappoint their coach from what I understand. Would be surprised if any deals have been done there yet.

You reckon they are worth the asking price?

I have no idea who they are.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 pm

OnSong wrote:
FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:
OnSong wrote:
FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:Any truth to the rumour of Scott Galbraith to Virginia for $700 and him being their boom recruit?

Not sure on the Longies rumour but Virginia are yet to reappoint their coach from what I understand. Would be surprised if any deals have been done there yet.

You reckon they are worth the asking price?

I have no idea who they are.

I second that!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Scott Galbraith played at kilburn the last 3 seasons and averaged about 5 kicks in each season.
Ricky Thomas played at Salisbury North and has been living in the shadow of his younger and better brother Daniel Thomas.
Are they overpaid? I'm saying yes, but time will tell.
THACHY_7
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 am

THACHY_7 wrote:

Scott Galbraith played at kilburn the last 3 seasons and averaged about 5 kicks in each season.
Ricky Thomas played at Salisbury North and has been living in the shadow of his younger and better brother Daniel Thomas.

Is it the same Daniel Thomas that played with HWE a few years ago?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

Re: bye/trial game, there is no rule saying a team can't play a trial game during the Minor round. You just have to seek permission.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby footys the winner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 pm

THACHY_7 wrote:

A bloke from div 3 getting $700? Would wanna be a key position.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
THACHY_7 wrote:

Is it the same Daniel Thomas that played with HWE a few years ago?

Yep. He was a playa.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 pm

footys the winner wrote:
THACHY_7 wrote:

A bloke from div 3 getting $700? Would wanna be a key position.

Played on the wing and struggled. Heard he will play half back. Have already heard rumours of Thach playing half forward against Virginia to exploit Galbraith's inability to man up and chase.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Galbraith finished 10th in Kilburns b&f and is going around asking for $500 plus. By his own admission he says he should've finished higher and he dominated some games.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.

Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.

Brayden Oharas junior (grassroots) club is Meningie, so don't go trying to claim him as your own.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:This internal (return to league) transfer is one of the most stupid things I've heard of and is specific to BL&G. What happens when someone leaves a club on bad terms, leaves to another league, then wants to return to another club. Why would a league want to put restictions on the returning player (who would be classed as an import to the new club anyhow)?
Secondly, with all due respect to the player mentioned here, but a "hefty transfer fee" sounds a bit rich for this class.

Thirdly, with country leagues whinging about rising player payments and cost of running a club, why would the league have a rule that fosters transfer payments?

So you think it would be Ok for say Jay Nash, Scoott Dutschke or Brayden O'Hara to return to the highest bidder rather than give something back to their junior club that made them the players they are now. If they want to chase money do it in another league, their original clubs shouldnt have to compete against them.
Same with your average local player that a club develops, develop your own instead of poaching the neighbouring towns best player just because you have more money than them.

Brayden Oharas junior (grassroots) club is Meningie, so don't go trying to claim him as your own.

I reckon Gawler Central might have something to say about that!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Time to dust off this baby:
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 1.20.03 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 1.20.03 PM.png (21.66 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 pm

By the way, confirmation through today that the 2013 APPS system will apply for the 2014 season.
OnSong
Coach

Postby swingman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:37 pm

$700 for a Fat midget and $550 for a Div 1 B grade player what's the world coming to
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am

swingman wrote:

$700 for a Fat midget and $550 for a Div 1 B grade player what's the world coming to

Not surprising. Virginia and Longies are known to spend that sort of money
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Nocyrils » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:43 am

mighty hounds wrote:
swingman wrote:

Not surprising. Virginia and Longies are known to spend that sort of money

every club spends that money MH. some clubs just know how to spend their money wisely. everybody these days thinks they are worth 500$.clubs should do their home work on players before offering that kind of coin.
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm coming out of retirement. If Thach can get $650 at Hamley, I'd get $900 easy. Don't really wanna play for Hamley though, wanna play for premiership contender.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:38 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I reckon Gawler Central might have something to say about that!

Can say what they want, he was born in Meningie played all under age footy and couple years of colts,
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times

Postby Bob Loblaw » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:07 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:i know it as FACT because the kid contacted me asking if i knew of any clubs wanting a -1 point U17 player and had the club that i had lined up for him been a bit more pro-active they would have got Nik to offset that clubs recent BIG 3 point signing, time will tell if the kid remains at Two Wells

So he thinks he can just walk into an A grade team? Bugs always gives a kid a chance if he deserves it. Just can't expect to play A grade when your not out of colts yet

I did not say that, he is starved of opportunity to play in the A grade at Two Wells which cant be helped with the cattle you currently have for instance someone of his ability would be snapped up by a hamley and be playing regular A grade games (or more than he currently has) to offset their imports that attract 2-3 points or more hence why hamley play 3-4 U18 a week

What sort of an opportunity does a colt think he deserves? 3-4 U/18's? I counted six players that had -1 next to their name when we last played Hamley and 2 of them hardly saw game time.

Interesting to see Nik Seccafien has signed at Virginia
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby moses » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 pm

The little fella want to go chase money instead of premierships then good luck to him. Hard to turn down any money when your 17 and just out of colts..... Won't improve his footy heading over the bridge that's for sure.
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy