Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 pm

marbles wrote:playing for a footy club isnt free, ya gotta pay up to play ie membership fees & subs

without this revenue, clubs wouldnt exist

now if your a committee that has decided "well we'll take your money to play with us, but you gonna get zero success here cos we aint gonna make sacrifices to provide u with a chance of the ultimate success, we'll just take your money so we can survive and your gonna get lots of disapointment here buddy

isnt that a betrayel to the commitment of the client? isnt that poor customer service?

if your in a pool of juggernauts where your no chance of success for next decade, and down the road theres a whole other pool of battlers who play the game at a level you can compete, then isnt it an obligation on behalf of your clients to go play with the boys who are your own size? else if this whole time your committee ignores this alternative for a decade of disapointment, shouldnt every player be refunded due to failure to provide the best footballing environment possible in the area

otherwise your just like a water bottle company who making u pay for spring water and all the client recieves is crappy tap water

Your argument is so flawed it beggars belief, even a quick glance at the teams in Div 7 shows that half the league is in the Northern Suburbs. Your suggestion that Aldinga would be better playing these teams is ridiculous! How many supporters will travel out the other side of town to watch these games and how many opposition supporters will put money over the bar/bbq if they have to travel to Aldinga for the 2 games played on a Saturday?

This is without going into the financials of match fees and cost of travel, which is what any good committee would also weigh up, before making such a decision.

Then you can look at the juniors which will lose that connection with the club and seeing people they look up to playing week in week out before joining them in later years. Even if Aldinga's juniors went to MSJFL there closest home game would be down the hill which would make playing for Willunga/Myponga juniors even more attractive to them or their parents.

If only I had something remotely interesting to do at work I wouldn't bother wasting my time with your deluded ideas.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:10 am

the argument is marion champ. I acknowledge the aldinga juniors dilemma as without it theyd already be in the saafl

secondly, when our div 1 team plays away youll see 10 people max there at the away game showing the support for the away team. if your banking on the revenue of the away supporters revenue to keep your club afloat you really have lost your marbles :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 am

marbles wrote:the argument is marion champ. I acknowledge the aldinga juniors dilemma as without it theyd already be in the saafl

secondly, when our div 1 team plays away youll see 10 people max there at the away game showing the support for the away team. if your banking on the revenue of the away supporters revenue to keep your club afloat you really have lost your marbles :)

Doesn't sound like much of a club if you only get 10 supporters at an away game. We would have more kids from our modis sides at away games than that let alone our U13's, J/C's, S/C's & their parents. Maybe that's why a CLUB is willing to battle through the tough times & stay in the SFL, where a team would take the easy road.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MatteeG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:04 am

marbles wrote: when our div 1 team plays away youll see 10 people max there at the away game showing the support for the away team.

:lol: End of thread.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 am

i reiterate if a club is willing to take players money but only provide them with a piss poor level of competitiveness then that club is failing to satisfy its clients (players) investments

as a result i believe marions/aldinga membership fees should be less than those of the higher power clubs, cos you should get what you pay for
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:19 am

cracka wrote:
marbles wrote:the argument is marion champ. I acknowledge the aldinga juniors dilemma as without it theyd already be in the saafl

Doesn't sound like much of a club if you only get 10 supporters at an away game. We would have more kids from our modis sides at away games than that let alone our U13's, J/C's, S/C's & their parents. Maybe that's why a CLUB is willing to battle through the tough times & stay in the SFL, where a team would take the easy road.

all the more people to feel the misery of your A-Grade side getting pumped every week and having no chance
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Numbers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

marbles wrote:
cracka wrote:

all the more people to feel the misery of your A-Grade side getting pumped every week and having no chance

Here's an idea! Train harder, get a little bit better this year. Then Repeat, Then Repeat, Then Repeat! Eventually you will get there.

Reynella were Sh!t for years & have now won 2 of the last 4 flags.

M/Vale were Sh!t in the 90's & have won 5 of the last 10 flags.

Marion won a flag about 12 years ago & played in 3 GF's from memory, now they are Sh!t.

It goes around & when you are at the top it is a much better feeling knowing how hard it was to get there. If you take the easy road in life I wish you all the very best!
Numbers
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Panther32 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Leo wrote:Have heard that Early has taken the Cove job. Any snake men confirm this?? Been a coaching merry go round there since their flag.

This was on here ages ago! Has taken Bomber Thompson with him as his right hand man.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Here's an idea! Train harder, get a little bit better this year. Then Repeat, Then Repeat, Then Repeat! Eventually you will get there.
Marion won a flag about 12 years go & played in 3 s from memory, now they are Sh!t.
It goes aroud & when you are at the top it is a much better feeling knowing how hard it was to If you take the easy road in life I wish you all the very best!

yeah dead set true champ, pure sense and of course thats how the wheels roll

but in 5 years time, the players who are payin their fees this season wont be around, does nobody give a damn about the man who just paid 500 bucks to play for your club, all to have his coach say 'look boys, I know wh're about a div 7 level club, but this week im putting you lads up against a div 1 quality reynella and it gonna be a crap day for us, but try to have a good time'

how painful for the coach himself to do that to his much loved soldiers, when he knows all to well that just down the road theres a comp where his men should be having a brilliant time and putting smiles and good times on their faces. give your players what they pay for, and invest their money in.... a game of footy against boys their own size
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jumbo20 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Have I missed something?Is Aldinga going to Amatuer League if so how do there juniors get catered for?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby afc9798 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 pm

marbles wrote:
Marion won a flag about 12 years go & played in 3 s from memory, now they are Sh!t.
It goes aroud & when you are at the top it is a much better feeling knowing how hard it was to If you take the easy road in life I wish you all the very best!

but in 5 years time, the players who are payin their fees this season wont be around, does nobody give a damn about the man who just paid 500 bucks to play for your club, all to have his coach say 'look boys, I know wh're about a div 7 level club, but this week im putting you lads up against a div 1 quality reynella and it gonna be a crap day for us, but try to have a good time'

how painful for the coach himself to do that to his much loved soldiers, when he knows all to well that just down the road theres a comp where his men should be having a brilliant time and putting smiles and good times on their faces. give your players what they pay for, and invest their money in.... a game of footy against boys their own size

Don't know of any club that would be charging anywhere near $500 for senior fees. I stand to be corrected, but I know for a fact that you're way off on what Valley fees are. Also most of the senior guys cover their fees with individual player sponsorships, so in reality they pay nothing.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

yeah sponsorship covers 20 bucks a game + membership = to get thrashed (money well spent), anyways dont care.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

marbles wrote:

Clubs need to stop holding guns to people's heads to play for/coach them. It's unconscionable.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Backliner » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Have I missed something?Is Aldinga going to Amatuer League if so how do there juniors get catered for?

No chance. - zip, zero, zilch
Vice Pres - kids play mini's
Treasurer - kids play mini's
Secretary - kids play mini's

Rest of committee have kids playing U14/U16 as well as the reserves coach on the committee.
Backliner
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Why are you peeps even responding to marbles' ramblings?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Why are you peeps even responding to marbles' ramblings?

I think because its the only exciting thing happening here at the moment.

Well, until we start talking about Blackwood's C-Grade
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm

I am that bored at work I need something to get me through the day.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:38 am

Wineflies have picked up a key forward who kicked 90 goals last season.....will get some pretty good service next season you'd expect. Handy replacement for Milo!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Speccy02 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm

finals fever wrote:
lion heart wrote:
finals fever wrote:Heard on the grape vine that Noarlunga have lost a few through retirements and a quite a few more to other clubs. Any truth this this?

Heard the Shoes are going down a different track and will be concentrating more on their juniors in 2014. Not sure if all true but heard:

Golding, Comer, Peach retired
Tasker, Sargood to Mallee league
Bowd Hackham
Carter moving interstate

Schutz has also retired, was carried off after their final.
No word about Minns - Im sure his phone would be ringing like mad! Rumours suggest Hills.

2 less dirty snipers to worry about, Minns could easily command 4 figures which is what guys are being paid.
Speccy02
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Speccy02 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Leo wrote:Have heard that Early has taken the Cove job. Any snake men confirm this?? Been a coaching merry go round there since their flag.

This was on here ages ago! Has taken Bomber Thompson with him as his right hand man.

Big call for Bomber I would've thought.
Speccy02
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL