Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby the wonder elephant » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 am

jackpot jim wrote:Whats wrong with the points system now? Persoanlly i dont know too much about it and some tinkering may improve it slightly but what i do know is the the GSFL last season was probably one of the most even it has been for a long long long time with injury lists seemingly deciding matches quite often.

Like that JJ looking on from a far and knowing the GSFL quite well as with the hfl slowly the points system is evening things out . I think the gsfl is a bit further ahead given there are some bigger communitys down that way for sponsers etc , compared to some of the smaller hills clubs all drawing fom the same pot of sponsers but it is working .!!
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 am

Ramadash wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:Geez can you smell the desperation from some clubs at the moment. Start of November and starting to offer senior colts from rival clubs money??? That's pretty average form. But if that's the way we are doing things then I guess that's just the way it is
livefooty wrote:Victor harbour and mt compass and before anyone from those clubs pipes up and tries to say they haven't ive been told by these boys first hand! i should post the names of the 2 w#%kers!! But won't

ok are these too the same knob cos luvsfooty has been on this forum for along time and usually makes sense until I read this

I think if a person wants to make a defamatory statement about a club atleast have the cahooners to be able to name the person
if this person really exsists I can guarantee if he's offering money or anything he has no authority. compass haven't even settled on coaches for junior grades.

So name names or shut the @%$# up.

Couldn't possibly be the same person. Would I spell Harbor with a "U"? Don't think so. I
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby livefooty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

Haha yea yea grammars not my best asset. Trust you to use that to saddles... Kent ;-)
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby BAYSRULE » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:Whats wrong with the points system now? Persoanlly i dont know too much about it and some tinkering may improve it slightly but what i do know is the the GSFL last season was probably one of the most even it has been for a long long long time with injury lists seemingly deciding matches quite often.

Like that JJ looking on from a far and knowing the GSFL quite well as with the hfl slowly the points system is evening things out . I think the gsfl is a bit further ahead given there are some bigger communitys down that way for sponsers etc , compared to some of the smaller hills clubs all drawing fom the same pot of sponsers but it is working .!!

Agree... Nothing wrong with the point system here in GSFL... Working well...
BAYSRULE
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby Yank Man » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:15 pm

BAYSRULE wrote:

It does need some tinkering tho. Small towns like Yank have little option but to bring in imports just to be up there. Guys please don't say yeah here we go again, but talent is very limited with youth to develop and ours are 3-4 years away. Very similar in Mypo I would reckon. Personally I think the points should range from a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 18. I have been in control of a club when involved with salary cap and it stinks to high heaven. Points are the answer but getting it right takes very good league administration. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby mdj » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Umpires panel requires a new coach next year apparently? Any takers?
mdj
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby words of wisdom » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Yank Man wrote:
BAYSRULE wrote:

It does need some tinkering tho. Small towns like Yank have little option but to bring in imports just to be up there. Guys please don't say yeah here we go again, but talent is very limited with youth to develop and ours are 3-4 years away. Very similar in Mypo I would reckon. Personally I think the points should range from a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 18. I have been in control of a club when involved with salary cap and it stinks to high heaven. Points are the answer but getting it right takes very good league administration. :)

Haven't you got 5 kids training with the U/18s at South? ;) The point system is fine - sure it has some flaws but a salary cap..... doesn't work. It would be like the days when FOD was playing for Victor. All the boys "working" at the Crown but they were all on the wrong side of the bar! :lol:
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby field of dreams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 am

Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby johnny was » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Have Victor named their coach yet FOD...With the amount of players that have been rumoured to have lost I hope he can bring a few with him.
johnny was
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby field of dreams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Yes new coach is David Murdoch - was U18 assistant coach under Tony Bamford at South Adelaide this year. Piece in last thursday's VH Times about it.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

field of dreams wrote:Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!

Back in the day that was one of the best things about the GSFL - smash the shit out of each other Saturday arvo & get smashed together Saturday night at the Crown. Stewy Kluske was gold behind the bar... not very good at math though :lol:
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby qwerty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 am

Mitch Portlock an out for Willunga next year
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Animus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:13 am

qwerty wrote:Mitch Portlock an out for Willunga next year

Where is the son of wombat going qwerty?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!

Back in the day that was one of the best things about the GSFL - smash the shit out of each other Saturday arvo & get smashed together Saturday night at the Crown. Stewy Kluske was gold behind the bar... not very good at math though :lol:

5 Vodka and Raspberries please. Hand over $20, get $25 change! Thanks for coming
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby qwerty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 pm

To the sidelines I hear, unless he opts for the L.A.R.S - all the best in your recovery champ
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby fiftympenalty » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:24 pm

How did he manage that
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 am

Bloody Gealic footy claims another ACL victim... Wish him all the best for his op and recovery...
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby field of dreams » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:12 am

That's terrible news- all the best Mitch,
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:46 am

Page 65 of todays paper. Good or bad for the Bays & Yank? Congrats to those boys anyway.

Dingo took my baby.
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:40 pm

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Page 65 of todays paper. Good or bad for the Bays & Yank? Congrats to those boys anyway.

Dingo took my baby.

For those who don't get the paper what was it?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy