HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby toot toot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 am

Can you actually blame Mt Lofty for wanting to stay in central?
The country div on a whole is pathetic, major gap between the top few and the bottom few, juniors a shambles, I would be doing what ever I could to avoid going down as well. I'm sure every other club would be exactly the same. Didn't Birdwood kick up a fuss before they were forced to go down?
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:07 am

Afterthesiren wrote:
rock wrote:BEWARE... Mt Lofty are ringing clubs stating they are in minority if they vote against their wishes to remain in Central Div next Monday night. However they seem to be panicking as it seems to be the opposite and most clubs will vote they be relegated as the rule states. They will threaten to leave to play in the SAAFL however the SAAFL won't have them as they are not considered a metro club and applications needed to be in by Oct 31st.
Here's a thought Mt Lofty people, just play by the rules and don't try to change them to suit yourselves. If you are such a great club you will be back in Central Div in 2015 :)

Spot on 'rock'. Our President got a call today. Sounds like they'll try anything to avoid going to Country Div. What makes them so much better or different than Birdwood or Ironbank of the past to be excluded from relegation. And I'm sick of hearing they are a 'founding club of Central Div'. Does that mean there are different rules for founding clubs from every other club. Give me a break.
And to all those Country Div clubs make sure you get to the meeting Monday night to vote this nonsense down. It'll be your votes that'll decide the destiny of your competition and your great clubs. Don't be pushed around by any bully's of the HFL. Stand up and be counted.

All clubs are the founding clubs of the HFL except Blackwood, Ironbank & Sedan. Mt Lofty are the only club that has left the HFL only to return I think. Whoops, forgot about Meadows & Kangarilla.
The threat of joining SAAFL is stupid, as I doubt their juniors would follow. Bridgewater, Uraidla & Ironbank would be happy with it as they would be the clubs that would gain Lofty's juniors.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:44 pm

rock wrote:BEWARE... Mt Lofty are ringing clubs stating they are in minority if they vote against their wishes to remain in Central Div next Monday night. However they seem to be panicking as it seems to be the opposite and most clubs will vote they be relegated as the rule states. They will threaten to leave to play in the SAAFL however the SAAFL won't have them as they are not considered a metro club and applications needed to be in by Oct 31st.
Here's a thought Mt Lofty people, just play by the rules and don't try to change them to suit yourselves. If you are such a great club you will be back in Central Div in 2015 :)

Have heard that SFL has been thrown around as an option as it avoids the juniors issue
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Gimp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:30 pm

toot toot wrote:Can you actually blame Mt Lofty for wanting to stay in central?
The country div on a whole is pathetic, major gap between the top few and the bottom few, juniors a shambles, I would be doing what ever I could to avoid going down as well. I'm sure every other club would be exactly the same. Didn't Birdwood kick up a fuss before they were forced to go down?

I don't blame Mt Lofty for wanting to stay up - but that doesn't mean they should.
And yes, Birdwood also tried to stay up and create an 11 team comp and surprise surprise who was one of the first clubs standing up to tell us to suck it up and go back to Country...........Mt Lofty.
Bit of Karma for the arogant pr1cks if you ask me.
Good luck to Echunga, i think they will find it tougher than what they think but all credit to them for giving it a go!

I'm looking forward to Mt Lofty having to wear their away strip/HFL jumper against us at both Mt Lofty and Birdwood like they made us do in our first season up!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Have heard that SFL has been thrown around as an option as it avoids the juniors issue

Don't think the parents of the juniors will want to travel & would look to stay in HFL still. That's what I'd do.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Won't happen anyway, applications to enter the league closed yesterday.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Great topic and well worth following. Just out of interest, does Milang get a vote on Monday night?
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:57 pm

cracka wrote:

Don't think the parents of the juniors will want to travel & would look to stay in HFL still. That's what I'd do.

Equivalent travel and no trip to Cambrai, look below, the furthest trip would be Aldinga or some of the more Southern clubs, which are the equivalent to Kersbrook, Birdwood or Gums
The remaining games are all equivalent distance to Kangy, Meadows etc

Would be no worse travel than when they were in SAFA

From Heathfield (using Google maps):

Hills Country (1 visit each)
Sedan Cambrai (Cambrai) 85km (1hr 11mins)
Kersbrook 38.3km (47mins)
Birdwood 42.7km (40mins)
Gumeracha 39.8km (39mins)
Kangarilla 24.7km (29mins)
Meadows 25.2km (24mins)
Macclesfield 24.4km (24mins)
Nairne-Bremer (Nairne) 25.6km (23mins)

Southern League (only playing 9 out of the following)
Aldinga 45.8km (50mins)
Port Noarlunga 35.1km (43mins)
Christies Beach 34.6km (43mins)
Noarlunga (Old Noarlunga) 36.1km (42mins)
Cove (Hallett Cove) 26.8km (37mins)
Hackham 29km (35mins)
Morphett Vale 27.6km (35mins)
O'Sullivan Beach-Lonsdale (Lonsdale) 27.4km (35mins)
Brighton DOS 21.6km (33mins)
Reynella (Old Reynella) 23km (29mins)
Marion (Sturt) 18.7km (28mins)
Morphettville Park 23.5km (27mins)
Happy Valley 20.6km (26mins)
Edwardstown 20.3km (25mins)
Flagstaff Hill 17.8km (24mins)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

cracka wrote:

Equivalent travel and no trip to Cambrai, look below, the furthest trip would be Aldinga or some of the more Southern clubs, which are the equivalent to Kersbrook, Birdwood or Gums

Birdwood 42.7km (40mins)
Meadows 25.2km (24mins)

Aldinga 45.8km (50mins)
Hackham 29km (35mins)

I meant the junior players would probably join the likes of Bridgewater, Uraidla & Ironbank (which are all central clubs surrounding Mt lofty) if the seniors moved to another league.
Did they even have juniors when they were in the SAFA.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 pm

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:Don't think the parents of the juniors will want to travel & would look to stay in HFL still. That's what I'd do.

Birdwood 42.7km (40mins)
Meadows 25.2km (24mins)

Aldinga 45.8km (50mins)
Hackham 29km (35mins)

I meant the junior players would probably join the likes of Bridgewater, Uraidla & Ironbank (which are all central clubs surrounding Mt lofty) if the seniors moved to another league.
Did they even have juniors when they were in the SAFA.

So looking at those travel times, would you expect this is going to happen anyway by getting kicked out of the Hills Central division, hence their fight to survive?

Not sure of the juniors back in the SAFA days
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 pm

My daughter goes to school with a kid from Lofty who told us last night he & his younger brother will play for Uraidla if Lofty go to country div, so yeah I think it will happen & it would definitely happen if they changed leagues.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 pm

I just heard the Special General Meeting has been deferred for another week after Mt Lofty kept changing their requested amendments from that originally written in their formal letter. These jokers can't manage a letter how do they even run a club. Might explain where their at right now.
I guess you can always refer to your 3 premierships which sent you into massive debt and almost collapse. Well done.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 am

Your ******* joking. What a waste of everyone's time.
cracka
Veteran

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:38 pm

So with the Jarman appt who has Ironbank recruited?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby R. White » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:09 am

post from Mt Lofty's facebook:

Dear All

Update on the HFL promotion & relegation matter;

On Monday night 11th November 2013 at 7.30 pm the Mt lofty Districts Football Club along with all other Central & Country league Clubs, will again be in attendance at the HFL office to hear an amended motion (to our motion put forward last week) before the League moved by the Board of the HFL.

The Hills Football League Board moves that By Law 18.1.5.be deleted. 18.1.5 currently reads; Central Division to consist of no more than 10 clubs.

The amendment will remove the current stipulation that "the Central Division will consist of no more than 10 clubs" and provide flexibility to increase the number of clubs to cater for growth in the Hills Football Community or special circumstances that will strengthen the HFL.

Mt Lofty Football Club have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion. The MLDFC have confidence the League clubs will support the amended motion and we have installed enormous trust in the HFL to be acting in the best interests of MLDFC & the entire Hills Football League.

In the unlikely event the amended motion is not passed our special Sub Committee formed in this matter assure its members & players your clubs future is in very good & capable hands.

Watch this space for further updates.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby the_grinch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Surely it won't get passed... surely!
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby citycoaster17 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:06 pm

the_grinch wrote:Surely it won't get passed... surely!

Seems like its grabbing momentum, but if it happens, it will be the death of the country division, Maybe that's what the league is aiming for?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby the_grinch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:
the_grinch wrote:Surely it won't get passed... surely!

Seems like its grabbing momentum, but if it happens, it will be the death of the country division, Maybe that's what the league is aiming for?

Exactly, central clubs don't really have anything to gain from making it 11+ team comp and country div will continue dying.
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:09 pm

The best thing for country div is for Lofty to go down I would have thought
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Crumber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm

R. White wrote:post from Mt Lofty's facebook:

Dear All

Update on the HFL promotion & relegation matter;

On Monday night 11th November 2013 at 7.30 pm the Mt lofty Districts Football Club along with all other Central & Country league Clubs, will again be in attendance at the HFL office to hear an amended motion (to our motion put forward last week) before the League moved by the Board of the HFL.

The Hills Football League Board moves that By Law 18.1.5.be deleted. 18.1.5 currently reads; Central Division to consist of no more than 10 clubs.

The amendment will remove the current stipulation that "the Central Division will consist of no more than 10 clubs" and provide flexibility to increase the number of clubs to cater for growth in the Hills Football Community or special circumstances that will strengthen the HFL.

Mt Lofty Football Club have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion. The MLDFC have confidence the League clubs will support the amended motion and we have installed enormous trust in the HFL to be acting in the best interests of MLDFC & the entire Hills Football League.

In the unlikely event the amended motion is not passed our special Sub Committee formed in this matter assure its members & players your clubs future is in very good & capable hands.

Watch this space for further updates.

Hang on a minute. I don't quite get this. When you say "Mt. Lofty have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion", what do you mean? Isn't the HFL the "League" and isn't the "League" the Clubs? So how can you have "full support" when the motion hasn't been voted on by all Club Delegates? And how can the "Board" move that motion when the "Board" is comprised of persons with interests in their own individual club?
I think this whole situation calls for some proper legal advice before everything goes pear-shaped and Hills Footy is ruined forever.
Older, wiser and been there. But still love that grassroots country footy.
The Crumber
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy