HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby FairDinkum » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Full support of the HFL, looks like its a done deal, why delay the inevitable, btw Country is officially stuffed, good luck Rams!
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:04 pm

It is by no means a done deal. I'll still be surprised if it gets up. I am absolutely dumbfounded that Gus is supporting this. To change rules last minute based on the emotions of one club is simply wrong. The board should be doing it all it can to promote a two Div competition that most evenly matches all clubs. A yes vote next week will mark the beginning of the end for a two div HFL. Why would we want that? We will also see draws in both divisions where clubs do not play each other twice. The new draws will be based around the A grade, but what about the rest of the grades - not many clubs are strong or weak in all grades. Bitterly disappointed in the board (assuming they are with Gus on this).
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Gus Sickerdick... the President that killed Country Division.
I'm with AF though, I don't think the Clubs of the HFL are so stupid to pass these silly amendments. Otherwise the HFL is the new SFL. The worst and most uneven comp in SA.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am

It will only be a done deal if the clubs allow it.
So Glen said at the meeting he is 100% behind this or are these just assumptions being made.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:21 am

I thought you were in a position to see his emails cracka. Had you have read those you would be in no doubt of his intentions.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Armytank » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:23 am

I have heard this from a number of people now, all who claim to have heard it from Gus' mouth.

Dissapointing, but yet again, the view that some clubs are more important than others is coming to the fore. We shouldn't pretend that this is not the case.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 am

Amateur Footy wrote:I thought you were in a position to see his emails cracka. Had you have read those you would be in no doubt of his intentions.

Nope not in a position to see his emails. I am only involved at junior level so no idea of his intentions.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 am

Afterthesiren wrote:Gus Sickerdick... the President that killed Country Division.
I'm with AF though, I don't think the Clubs of the HFL are so stupid to pass these silly amendments. Otherwise the HFL is the new SFL. The worst and most uneven comp in SA.

your Country Division has been that for many years, no wonder Lofty don't want to join it
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:Gus Sickerdick... the President that killed Country Division.

your Country Division has been that for many years, no wonder Lofty don't want to join it

That's going to start a war of words. 8)
cracka
Veteran

Postby afc9798 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

The worst and most uneven? That's a long bow to draw. Yes the SFL has issues in the bottom 8, but if you looked at the comp this year, there was a marked improvement by all but 2 clubs. Ask yourself why these clubs stay in the SFL when they have other options.

We may have our issues in the SFL, but I think you guys have enough of your own without slagging off at another league.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Armytank » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

ATS didn't need to slag off at the SFL BUT a parallel can be drawn between the two comps and where they are at the moment. The SFL has taken many years for that improvement to occur since the inception of the 16 or so team super comp formed in the mid 90's.

The HFL is perhaps facing similar issues that the SFL has faced nearly 20 years ago.

It appears the HFL never learn from the past, either their own, or someone else's.

Perhaps a 16 team super comp is the best way forward for the league in the future, but we need to be sure it is for the right reasons. Currently, it is for the wrong reasons ie. emotion and elitism.

Quite frankly, this shit needs to be sorted out at the start of the season, not at the end. More ostrich management from the HFL.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby always there » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 am

Why is this not being discussed and voted on at the start of the season and rules being changed then not now that a club is trying to fight the rules set in place. This is a huge decision the will have huge implications and can not be made in a few weeks. hFL needs to do its research first and that takes time. Rules should remain and change taken place from season start then everyone knows where they stand and know that nothing will change. This is surely having a big impact on recruiting by clubs who can't promote a competition to new recruits if they don't know what is happening. HFL needs to toughen up and stick to rules. How many clubs have had meetings with members to find out opinions from players and members of their clubs or is it just the few at the top of each club making the decisions for many who don't have a voice here. Make rules and stick to them. Might as well have a rule saying bottom team relegated unless you are mt lofty or Uraidla or mt barker (just an example not singling out a team)
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 am

This is the start of the new season. It started the day after the GF. Leaving these issues until after the next calendar year is too late. If you're on a committee you would know this & if you are on a committee & haven't started planning for next year you are way behind.
cracka
Veteran

Postby always there » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm

What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:21 pm

always there wrote:What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.

Gotta love it when people make sense , the way this has been handled by the HFL is a joke , Lofty take you medicine do the time in country and come back better for the experience , the way this has dragged out is a disgrace , I have said it before if it were one of the so called smaller clubs ie. Ironbank , TV , Birdwood , Echunga , Bridgewater this wouldn't be an issue it would be down you go see you later . :evil:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Armytank » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:38 pm

cracka wrote:This is the start of the new season. It started the day after the GF. Leaving these issues until after the next calendar year is too late. If you're on a committee you would know this & if you are on a committee & haven't started planning for next year you are way behind.

NO KIDDING - PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED OUT LAST YEAR

OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED WHEN BIRDWOOD WERE FORCED DOWN AND ALL THE CLUBS GOT TO VOTE ON IT THEN

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO - SAME SHIT EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS......................
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm

always there wrote:What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.

Fair enough. So Lofty should go to country div for 2014 & the issue of changing central div to an 11 or more team comp should be voted on for the 2015 season.
cracka
Veteran

Postby the wonder elephant » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Armytank wrote:
cracka wrote:This is the start of the new season. It started the day after the GF. Leaving these issues until after the next calendar year is too late. If you're on a committee you would know this & if you are on a committee & haven't started planning for next year you are way behind.

NO KIDDING - PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED OUT LAST YEAR

OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED WHEN BIRDWOOD WERE FORCED DOWN AND ALL THE CLUBS GOT TO VOTE ON IT THEN

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO - SAME SHIT EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS......................

Swings and roundabouts mate HFL grow some balls , I hope all clubs vote this down for the good of the league
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Armytank » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:44 pm

cracka wrote:

Fair enough. So Lofty should go to country div for 2014 & the issue of changing central div to an 11 or more team comp should be voted on for the 2015 season.

BINGO!
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Armytank wrote:

So it should never be discussed again then if it was voted on 4 years ago. Excellent coz the capping issue was voted on this year so we won't have to hear that sh!t talked about again. That is definitely an issue that goes round & round.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy