The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby scoob » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:47 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:You can read between the lines with this report. Big Phil, try and not ask a question with this statement if you can refrain from that sport for this .

What are you on about, now?

I think it's very sensitive this story and doesn't need constant questionning on why a comment has been made by posters. Thanks.

How dare people question the whereabouts of $100,000 that has gone missing from a club that is in financial strife??? Move along people nothing to see here... If you can't question something like this - what can you question?

I think you may be playing up the sensitivity of this issue to try and silence some people searching for answers from their footy club. Answers they are entitled to get.

Next we will hear that nothing has occured and its all positive down at Richmond.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 am

no, I am not saying it doesn't warrant comment.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby RB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 am

What are you saying then?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 am

Well, just like the clubs statement, he's saying he's not saying anything. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby wycbloods » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:You can read between the lines with this report. Big Phil, try and not ask a question with this statement if you can refrain from that sport for this .

What are you on about, now?

I think it's very sensitive this story and doesn't need constant questionning on why a comment has been made by posters. Thanks.

I couldn't agree more, regarding the sensitivities surrounding the situation...

Now...

If you could just point out where I have questioned a comment being made on this topic, let alone constant questioning, thanks?

Personally as a member of the club i don't care greatly about the sensitivities of the situation.

A former employee has allegedly taken a large amount of money from the club. I don't see how the Police can't be involved in this.

I am certain that if it were a bar person that did this, there wouldn't be any hesitation, in involving the Police in dealing with it even if the same sensitivities were involved.

Those sensitivities or the money allegedly being paid back don't IMO mean the club shouldn't be taking action against the individual. If what has been reported is true then a criminal offence took place and the person/people responsible should be made accountable for their actions.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

wycbloods wrote:Personally as a member of the club i don't care greatly about the sensitivities of the situation.

A former employee has allegedly taken a large amount of money from the club. I don't see how the Police can't be involved in this.

I am certain that if it were a bar person that did this, there wouldn't be any hesitation, in involving the Police in dealing with it even if the same sensitivities were involved.

Those sensitivities or the money allegedly being paid back don't IMO mean the club shouldn't be taking action against the individual. If what has been reported is true then a criminal offence took place and the person/people responsible should be made accountable for their actions.

Well said, wycbloods...

FWIW - I totally agree with you. I was just agreeing with 'bounceoftheball' that it is a sensitive matter, not implying that it justifies no further comment.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm

After the Steven Trigg episode nothing surprises me anymore...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby stan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 pm

If it was printed in the Tiser then it is likely that the information is probably talking about the West Adelaide Soccor club (would fit with the dates that the tiser seems to get information) and how it eventually became no more.

Yes all Stan is very sinical today, not sure what it is. Could just be a monday. ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:07 pm

I just cant fathom what sensitivities could possibly justify someone ripping the club off??

FFS someone just spit out the real story
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm

No sensitivities justify ripping off the club, but releasing what happened is a sensitive situation.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Armytank » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:23 pm

hey, I am a sensitve kind of guy, you can tell me.....
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby RustyCage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:28 pm

saintal wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/more-than-100000-vanishes-from-west-adelaide-football-club-but-police-arent-called-in/story-fni6uok5-1226756508925

can anyone give me ONE good reason why this wouldn't be investigated properly, involving police, without using the "sensitivities" BS as an excuse for covering things up?

Even if all the money has been recovered, that doesn't make what happened ok!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

pafc1870 wrote:
saintal wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/more-than-100000-vanishes-from-west-adelaide-football-club-but-police-arent-called-in/story-fni6uok5-1226756508925

can anyone give me ONE good reason why this wouldn't be investigated properly, involving police, without using the "sensitivities" BS as an excuse for covering things up?

Even if all the money has been recovered, that doesn't make what happened ok!

Ok, now I understand.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Armytank » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 pm

I think that human nature of the need to know, particularly when someone will not tell you is just driving this issue on further and further.

Speculation, rumour, innuendo etc. will run rife until some information is released and the members of the West Adelaide Football Club are entitled to some kind of answer other than "don't worry about it, we are handling it".

Now I have no idea what has happened, who is alledgedly involved and I don't even pretend to assume.

But to say that there are "sensitivities" regarding it just feeds human nature to know.

Surely a communication saying something like

"the WAFC understands that recent events within the club have been made public without full knowledge of the situation. Please be ensured that the club is working responsibly to recover any loss to the club that may have occured, whilst maintaining its duty of care to our clubs most important asset, the people withing the WAFC community.

It is imperitive that the privacy of both the alledged party and the WAFC is respected and maintained during this particularly dificult time for both parties to achieve the best possible outcome.

The WAFC has a duty of care to its employees, players, volunteers, members and their families, as well as non member supporters and the wider football public. Within that duty we there is an expectation we are responsible to communicate with our members and administer the club appropriately. Please be assured that the club will release information to its members and community as approriate, at the appropriate time.

The WAFC would like to inform its members that it is conducting a full investigation in to how the club has arrived in this position, including what systems were in place and how they have failed both the club and its people. The outcomes of this investigation will be presented at the Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held on xxth of whenever.

Once again the WAFC would like to thank its member for their loyalty, trust and patients until such time further details can be released."

It doesn't have to say anything, other than "hey, it is best for everyone right now if this shit stayed in house for the moment and we are making sure it won't happen again"

Get something out there and people will return to banging on about how much of a great footballer but shit bloke Boyd is, that South will never win a flag because they are systematically stuffed and Glenelg wear dresses.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby SANFLnut » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Perhaps keeping the police out of it was a motivation in the money being "returned". As a club would I rather have the $100k back, offender resign and no charges laid or the person in jail and still $100k out of pocket? Not suggesting it was ethically correct but perhaps that call was made on financial grounds.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby luketorrens » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Kym Russell apparently had a near fatal car accident recently according to what I've heard which is probably why he can't be contacted. He may still be in hospital.
luketorrens
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Macca19 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I don't care what happened or who was involved, but 'its sensitive' is a complete load of bollocks.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby cennals05 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Armytank » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm

cennals05 wrote:Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.

This is very true.

If it were my club, all I would ask for is a little bit more communication, that is all.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Did anyone hear Kym Morgan (Sunday Mail journo that wrote the story) had to say on the TripleMMM interview this arvo with Jars and Tredders?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL