The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:So they weren't going to make a statement until the "investigation" was finalised,but 3 days later make a statement anyway? :lol:

4 days of same story in the paper made it difficult not to say anything

I cant see how the same article rehashed 4 days in a row means the board need to make a comment?

I understand why you're defending them as you are, it's your club, but 3 days ago they said they wouldn't be making any further comment and then they make a comment..... :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby RustyCage » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Hopefully West complete their internal review and then bring in the police to deal with it properly. I don't care if the money has been returned (by a separate party it seems), or who the person is or what they've done since being caught, this person deserves a lengthy jail term. Surely it won't just get swept under the rug like it sounds like it will be. It's not even Wests job to investigate such serious criminal activity.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:So they weren't going to make a statement until the "investigation" was finalised,but 3 days later make a statement anyway? :lol:

I cant see how the same article rehashed 4 days in a row means the board need to make a comment?

I understand why you're defending them as you are, it's your club, but 3 days ago they said they wouldn't be making any further comment and then they make a comment..... :shock:

IMO the article portrays the club poorly, either tell the whole story or dont write it up at all. Four days in the paper with no new facts, members are getting a little annoyed (and i cannot blame them)

I thinks thats what will happen pafc1870
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Aerie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

IMO the article portrays the club poorly, either tell the whole story or dont write it up at all. Four days in the paper with no new facts, members are getting a little annoyed (and i cannot blame them)

What portrays the club poorly is the fact it hasn't become a police matter. Mistake one - not having systems in place to prevent this happening in the first place. Mistake two - having the same people who let this mistake happen in the first place try and fix it.

Westies statement says a new board and new president appointed and they are reviewing all processes etc. etc. trying to make out like it is a mistake from the past. What is there, 3 new board members and the president that was there is still on the board? Hardly a whole new board.

Meanwhile they hadn't been paying suppliers and were pleading for donations and at the same time were breaching salary caps, someone in admin was syphoning big money and a safe was stolen.

If the money hasn't been paid back by the person who took it then the financial pressure has been placed on those who had to pay it back. Hardly fair for them.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Money has been paid back by the family of the alleged thief
Last edited by Brodlach on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:31 pm

alleged thief ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby scoob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Is it still a sensitive issue?

When is a thief not a thief?
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

The repayment of funds would suggest alleged is incorrect, wouldn't it?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby SimonH » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm

When they haven't been convicted of being a thief, i.e. when there are pending Court proceedings and guilt or innocence hasn't yet been decided.

An interesting question of whether, if there are no Police investigations and no request that Police instigate any, you can just straight-out call the supposedly guilty party a "thief", but once Police and ultimately the Courts get involved, it has to go back to "alleged thief" until proceedings are done!
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby scoob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Shall we say he borrowed the money with out their knowledge or asking for permission?

DW don't get me started with the word alledgedly!!! Apparently if you shoot and kill someone and admit to it - you still have to say they alledgedly killed them.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby SimonH » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:35 pm

scoob wrote:Shall we say he borrowed the money with out their knowledge or asking for permission?

DW don't get me started with the word alledgedly!!! Apparently if you shoot and kill someone and admit to it - you still have to say they alledgedly killed them.
I know you're cross about the issue, but no need to (allegedly) shoot and kill anyone over it!

In fact, you can say (and West Adelaide, and anyone else can say) that the money was nicked, stolen, pilfered, robbed and embezzled, as much as you want, with no 'allegedly' in sight. It's only when you name names of who is claimed to have done it, that you potentially get into strife and have to pull out the 'a' word.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby SDK » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm

My love of the West Adelaide Football Club is well known but ....
If this is the one who was caught how many others were not caught and how much did they get away with ?
A former long serving club legend was rumored to have been " overpaid " !
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby CoverKing » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I don't know what members youve been speaking today but the numerous amounts (actual members who go to the club 4+ times a week) are not angry by the articles at all. They are angry about the club not getting police involved.

Once again the board are looking after there own interests first. It doesn't look great for financial people on the board and those that have been in charge of the club over the last couple of years
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby holden78 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:11 am

So, I wonder if Rubbers will significantly change the gamestyle or is it so ingrained now that he'll have to go for the tweak instead ?
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:58 am

CoverKing wrote:Once again the board are looking after there own interests first. It doesn't look great for financial people on the board and those that have been in charge of the club over the last couple of years

If what I have heard is correct, perhaps the board are worried this incident might show they did not do their due diligence in appointing this employee
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:24 pm

IIRC it was only 12 months ago they reappointed him when contract was up.

Heard the full story today and yes it is "sensitive" but not sure that Westies should worry too much about that, they have a business to run/save.

Has the board changed significantly in recent times?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby CoverKing » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:IIRC it was only 12 months ago they reappointed him when contract was up.

Heard the full story today and yes it is "sensitive" but not sure that Westies should worry too much about that, they have a business to run/save.

Has the board changed significantly in recent times?

Last agm earlier this year IIRC saw 3 new board members with a new president. Old president still on the board

Yes it's sensitive in some regards for the family, but it doesn't affect the club and they need to look after the members rights. Police should've involved. I would think Graeme Barton (former assistant commissioner of sapol) would be pushing for police action
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Gozu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:58 am

MORE than $100,000 in missing money which West Adelaide Football Club traced back to a former employee was later repaid by family members of the staffer, a Bloods board member has confirmed.

The employee's family members include a man of influence within the western suburbs who, when asked whether he had personally paid money to the club on behalf of the employee, stated:

"My understanding is that any moneys owed to the club have been resolved.''

The board member, who did not want to be named, said: "We have worked with the families to fully recover everything, every dollar.''

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6761775536
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby The Rooster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm

I've read a lot of the last posts on this topic and I appreciate that the West Adelaide Football want's to handle this internally, for reasons they are aware of no doubt, I understand completely if no police involvement is to be engaged, so with that in mind are we ever going to find out who it was??

My reason for asking is not sinister in any way, I know of a former employee where I work, who was walked out after a similar incident, and we are still receiving letters trying to track this person down, but he is/was heavily involved in the West Adelaide Football Club, now this may or may not be this person, but if it is he is also very heavily involved in junior football as well and there may be a duty of care to kids and parents who may be asked to trust this person, when they probably need to help this individual, there may also be a duty of care to any people that may or may not have dealing with this person in the future, I am trying to be as sensitive as possible about this as I can, but I think we are not doing the majority any favours by keeping this person unidentified..
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

His name and photo have been printed many times.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL