SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Havens folk please refresh my memory...

Who was the trainer we used to talk about ..not lance!

Lisa! :)
How long ago was it?
Not Windmill(Kev from the magpies cheer squad)

Ha! not me, that was too long ago :lol: and not Bill either...

Nah, he was from about 5-6 years ago and he thought he knew everything. I reckon OB was coach at the time...

I reckon we used to pay him out about his girlfriends hot dogs or something? GAAAAAHHH, I can't remember his name! :(

Jeff?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 am

Yes! Thanks kiddo...I reckon I might've seen him at a seminar i was at yesterday but his name just didn't come to me..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 am

Jeff and Beryl.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Hoodlum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

He's becoming the new 'buckets' of the footy club! Won't share in the 50m, good thing he didn't in the granny! 2 of the best.... Only out done by the saviour..... Batesy

HH3 wrote:Its funny how most of the B grade players that played in the Grandy have played majority of the B's for the past 2 seasons. Most of the players that played this year also played in the losing GF last year. Cant really stack a side if its the same side from last year.

Also, we had players like Old Man Rowlands playing....explain to me how that is anything but a detriment to our side... ;) :lol:

Plus the Bs gave up one of their best players to the As in Round 9 and he never returned. Poor buggers had to struggle on without him. ;) :lol:

...it was me...im talking about myself....
Hoodlum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Flipper » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 pm

A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's claiming if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I just think it would b a shame if one of these players left our footy club to go play somewhere under the false pretence it will improve their chances of getting a go @ sanfl level, after CBC has put a lot of time and effort in2 these kids. I have confirmation from the said sanfl clubs coach that it will not be a deal breaker & performance on the training track & games is what will decide if they get a game or not.
It takes real courage to wear PURPLE!!!!!
Flipper
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Flipper wrote:A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's <span id="adtext_8" class="adtext">claiming</span> if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I just think it would b a shame if one of these players left our footy club to go play somewhere under the false pretence it will improve their chances of getting a go @ sanfl level, after CBC has put a lot of time and effort in2 these kids. I have confirmation from the said sanfl clubs coach that it will not be a deal breaker & performance on the training track & games is what will decide if they get a game or not.

I have always heard that the League clubs encourage the players not getting a game to play at a D1 or D2 club. Makes sense really. If I'm a reserves coach, I'd want the guys not getting a game to be playing at a similar standard competition in the mean time.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Apparently the Henley FC hierarchy are upset in regards to the actions of the new Glenunga A grade coach, who coached Henley's C grade in 2013. He has been able to lure 3 players thus far accross with him, alledgedly offering a fair amount of coin to one player in particular who turned it down.
All players would be 0 pointers, so it is not a bad idea by Annese. Understandable why a few at Henley are not happy with this however, considering they allowed him to break his contract for 2014 to take the Glenunga job.
Not good for Henley though whose depth is not at its strongest atm. You can't blame guys for seeking opportunities elsewhere; but at the same time, it's hard for HFC B/C grade to compete when money is being thrown around.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm

^^^ wouldn't be a new thing they're dealing with, didn't a small number go to Goolwa in a recent season.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

:-({|=
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Q. wrote:^^^ wouldn't be a new thing they're dealing with, didn't a small number go to Goolwa in a recent season.

Yes a fair few have gone south in recent years, but I don't think they've been lured by an ex-coach, I could be wrong though.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 pm

It happens, you do your best to retain players, but sometimes they just wanna seek other opportunities.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Q. wrote:It happens, you do your best to retain players, but sometimes they just wanna seek other opportunities.

It doesn't really phaze me, these things happen...
I'm quite haippy for one of the guys in particular who has been playing really good footy in the C's for years, and hasn't got a crack in the B's for whatever reason... got a chance this year with a heap of injuries in higher grades and easily held his own. I think he'll do quite well in D5.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 pm

And I'm sure Henley div 1 have never outbidded numerous Amateur and SANFL clubs for players services in the past...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

lutz wrote:
Flipper wrote:A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's <span id="adtext_8" class="adtext">claiming</span> if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I have always heard that the League clubs encourage the players not getting a game to play at a D1 or D2 club. Makes sense really. If I'm a reserves coach, I'd want the guys not getting a game to be playing at a similar standard competition in the mean time.

Trouble is some SANFL clubs pedal this and the player will listen to this even if it not true. Also agree sometimes it might be better to play div 1 or 2 but lot of the kids will be won't make "a" grade at a div 1 or 2 club and will end up playing in the reserves at that club. If this the case they would be better staying at there home club and playing "a" grade football even if it is div3.4.5 and they will be noticed - Josh Glenn from Elizabeth is good example of this.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 am

Demon Juke wrote:
lutz wrote:

Trouble is some SANFL clubs pedal this and the player will listen to this even if it not true. Also agree sometimes it might be better to play div 1 or 2 but lot of the kids will be won't make "a" grade at a div 1 or 2 club and will end up playing in the reserves at that club. If this the case they would be better staying at there home club and playing "a" grade football even if it is div3.4.5 and they will be noticed - Josh Glenn from Elizabeth is good example of this.

If I was a player in this situation why would you be making a decision now on where you will be playing amateur football now? You could be cut from your SANFL club in March on the eve of the season leaving you at risk of this higher division club not clearing you back to your original club. Best to wait and see what the SANFL club want to do with you then make a decision.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 pm

lutz wrote:

SANFL clubs should openly promote loyalty in these kids to play at their home clubs, not look after their "mates" at higher division clubs. The simple fact is, if the kid is good enough, he'll make it. Sending him to play at a Div 1 or Div 2 club so they can "keep an eye on them" or it will "give them a better chance to make it" is a crock of sh*t. All it does is rob the original club of one of their best juniors and makes the strong clubs stronger. How are div 3,4,5,6 clubs ever going to strive for the pinnacle of their competition when all their most promising juniors are openly encouraged to leave and go play higher?

It stinks and it happens all the time. 3 of our kids were told to play at a Div 1 club by an SANFL club last year. 2 did, 1 didn't. None of the 3 made the cut in the end, but we lost 2 quality juniors in the process . You can't replace 10 years of development overnight. SANFL clubs are happy to take from our clubs, but they aren't too quick to give back to us - unless we are in Div 1 or 2 of course...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 am

Goodwood Saints Gun and SAAFL Team of the Year Member Kris Vanderloo signed, sealed & delivered to Glenunga next year! Massive Recruit :shock:
Few Henley Boys could be joining him too. New Coach is having an immediate impact at The Rams
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby cossi11 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Congratulations and goodluck to Carey Payne on the appointment of the Elizabeth A grade position. Having played with and worked under this bloke for majority of my senior footy i have nothing but praise for him, took BL from div 6 to div 3 over 5 years which is a fantastic effort! To the boys out at Elizabeth, you have snared a beauty and i guarantee you will love the guy, he is not only a professional on the field but is also a great bloke off it, you will have success on the field and many a great night off it with this guy around the club.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby marbles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 pm

The Riddler wrote:Goodwood Saints Gun and SAAFL Team of the Year Member Kris Vanderloo signed, sealed & delivered to Glenunga next year! Massive Recruit :shock:
Few Henley Boys could be joining him too. New Coach is having an immediate impact at The Rams

cant say yet but many, i say many are lining up for henley c-grade with news of its new coach, and not only that show form in the cgrade and your instantly in the spot light to play Div 1 footy

preseason starts monday at Henley High 6pm come along bring a mate and his mate too, no harm trying aye???
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby GEESKIP » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:51 am

cossi11 wrote:Congratulations and goodluck to Carey Payne on the appointment of the Elizabeth A grade position. Having played with and worked under this bloke for majority of my senior footy i have nothing but praise for him, took BL from div 6 to div 3 over 5 years which is a fantastic effort! To the boys out at Elizabeth, you have snared a beauty and i guarantee you will love the guy, he is not only a professional on the field but is also a great bloke off it, you will have success on the field and many a great night off it with this guy around the club.

Yes Cossi the club has done very well in getting Payney on board, a new challange for him and hopefully can have a similar impact at the Eagles and get them up the grades.
With the signing last night of a gun recruit and a few more in negotiations atm, the club is definatly heading in the right direction.
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League