SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

Hello all,
I would like to tell you that you can all put your fears to bed & the Milky Bar Kid will once again be a Doggie in 2014!!! :D
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:14 am

the milky bar kid wrote:Hello all,
I would like to tell you that you can all put your fears to bed & the Milky Bar Kid will once again be a Doggie in 2014!!! :D

Rosewater?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:22 am

the milky bar kid wrote:Hello all,

is that the green dogs???

Cue footy chick ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:28 am

Haha, forgot every second team in the league is called the Bulldogs!
Of course the mighty Ingle Farm variety.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bar20 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Div 6 have a space free as a bye for the moment. SAAFL want that spot for Mt.Lofty who were kicked out of Hills Central and won’t go to Hills Country. Mt.Lofty Devils to tear Div 6 apart next year!
bar20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby the wonder elephant » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 pm

bar20 wrote:Div 6 have a space free as a bye for the moment. SAAFL want that spot for Mt.Lofty who were kicked out of Hills Central and won’t go to Hills Country. Mt.Lofty Devils to tear Div 6 apart next year!

Really mate !! Where did you here that ? It still is up in the air atm till the hfl make a decision on wether Echunga tick all boxes !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm

be a nice drive up there, better than houghton!! grab a cransky on the way
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby superboot7 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:33 pm

A division 1 central hills side in div 6 SAAFL!!!! WTF and duck for cover.... 200 point margins to be handed out! Why are they kicked outta HFL
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby cracka » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

superboot7 wrote:A division 1 central hills side in div 6 SAAFL!!!! WTF and duck for cover.... 200 point margins to be handed out! Why are they kicked outta HFL

They haven't been kicked out, they are getting relegated to the country div (div 2) because they came bottom & the country premier wants to move up. Mt Lofty don't want to play in country div so are looking at options elsewhere, apparently.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Yank Man » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am

cracka wrote:
superboot7 wrote:A division 1 central hills side in div 6 SAAFL!!!! WTF and duck for cover.... 200 point margins to be handed out! Why are they kicked outta HFL

They haven't been kicked out, they are getting relegated to the country div (div 2) because they came bottom & the country premier wants to move up. Mt Lofty don't want to play in country div so are looking at options elsewhere, apparently.

The very same club that won a couple of flags in Div 1 HFL a few years ago? One under Nathan Grainger if I recall. I'd be staggered if they came in to Div 6, might as well give them the cup and we have a year off. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am

Honest question. If you didn't want to go to hills country then what makes you honestly think that they would take a spot in a lower Amateur div instead?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:02 am

Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

The very same club that won a couple of flags in Div 1 HFL a few years ago? One under Nathan Grainger if I recall. I'd be staggered if they came in to Div 6, might as well give them the cup and we have a year off. :D

Well I know of one poster has already called back to back for Ingle Farm and I have photographic evidence :)

As for the 200 point margins bahahaahahaha. I guess people are free to write what they like but a team that came bottom isn't winning their games by 200. They may well hand out some floggings but they won't have it all their own way every week.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby zedman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:13 am

Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

3 A grade flags in a row..2 with grainger in 2006 and 2007..another in 2008

"After a lengthy break of success, Mt Lofty returned with a vengeance in the 2006 season, scoring premiership victories in A and B-grade and Senior Colts, to earn triple crowns for the second time in the club’s history, the previous occasion being in 1990. Vice-captain Adam Trzesinski also became the club’s first A-grade Mail Medallist.

The club maintained it’s strong position over the 2007 season, once again achieving the triple premiership feat with victories in the A-grade, B-grade and Senior Colts.

In 2008, Mt Lofty's A-grade team secured a piece of HFL history by becoming the first side in 30 years, since Heathfield-Aldgate United, to secure three consecutive premierships in the league's top tier of competition, after defeating Blackwood in the grand final."

"we" yankman?..back in the co-drivers seat mate? :)

certainly not impossible that this may happen..interesting days..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 pm

zedman wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

3 A grade flags in a row..2 with grainger in 2006 and 2007..another in 2008

"After a lengthy break of success, Mt Lofty returned with a vengeance in the 2006 season, scoring premiership victories in A and B-grade and Senior Colts, to earn triple crowns for the second time in the club’s history, the previous occasion being in 1990. Vice-captain Adam Trzesinski also became the club’s first A-grade Mail Medallist.

The club maintained it’s strong position over the 2007 season, once again achieving the triple premiership feat with victories in the A-grade, B-grade and Senior Colts.

In 2008, Mt Lofty's A-grade team secured a piece of HFL history by becoming the first side in 30 years, since Heathfield-Aldgate United, to secure three consecutive premierships in the league's top tier of competition, after defeating Blackwood in the grand final."

"we" yankman?..back in the co-drivers seat mate? :)

certainly not impossible that this may happen..interesting days..

I wouldn't think this would happen because the junior set up at Mt Lofty is very strong where would they play ? Also from a financial pov the club would lose massively out of this by only having 2 games on a Saturday instead of 5 via gate takings ( don't think they charge in Ammos ? ) canteen bar bbq etc .... cant see it happening
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby morell » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Mt Lofty would win Div 6 in a canter and probably go through close to undefeated.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Yep, the very same club that almost shut its doors after buying those 3 premierships & have been down the bottom of Hills Central for the last few years. I think they would be mad to join SAAFL as the junior setup is totally different to what it is in the Hills & I think they would lose a heap of kids to other HFL clubs. In saying that I have heard from an unreliable source that it will happen & their juniors will play on Sundays in town.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby lutz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:11 pm

cracka wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:
superboot7 wrote:A division 1 central hills <span id="adtext_4" class="adtext">side</span> in div 6 SAAFL!!!! WTF and duck for cover.... 200 point margins to be handed out! Why are they kicked outta HFL

Yep, the very same club that almost shut its doors after buying those 3 premierships & have been down the bottom of Hills Central for the last few years. I think they would be mad to join SAAFL as the junior setup is totally different to what it is in the Hills & I think they would lose a heap of kids to other HFL clubs. In saying that I have heard from an <span id="adtext_7" class="adtext">unreliable</span> source that it will happen & their juniors will play on Sundays in town.

Surely they could change their juniors to the Metro East comp or whatever it is out that side of town.. I guess the biggest concern would be the loss of gate takings as mentioned.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby beeched iizzz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:32 pm

OMG... Mate I've seen and played central division and played mt lofty. I've also played sides that have come from div 6 into 5 and let me tell ya.... Even though lofty finished bottom..... They will have games ALLLLLLL their own way and hand out beltings.

Yet... There is nooooo way that central division quality players will follow lofty to div 6 so the games will be closer.

wristwatcher wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Well I know of one poster has already called back to back for Ingle Farm and I have photographic evidence :)

As for the 200 point margins bahahaahahaha. I guess people are free to write what they like but a team that came bottom isn't winning their games by 200. They may well hand out some floggings but they won't have it all their own way every week.
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby piccachu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:46 am

Went down to rosewater footy club friday night for a few beers with a mate and couldnt help to notice the amount of Lads walking in and out of office with the football director, some pretty handy players amongst them. Daniel Reardon to miss the first half of the season with a broken jaw after an altercation that took place at the ramsgate on the weekend.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:21 am

piccachu wrote:Went down to rosewater footy club friday night for a few beers with a mate and couldnt help to notice the amount of Lads walking in and out of office with the football director, some pretty handy players amongst them. Daniel Reardon to miss the first half of the season with a broken jaw after an altercation that took place at the ramsgate on the weekend.

please explain about the Doc
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League