SANFL Draw released..

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Draw

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:03 am

beenreal wrote:
zipzap wrote:Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:

How else do you think all your Port Adelaide recruits are going to be paid, dog Sh!t?

Well, it is in good supply at Unley oval.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 am

Might also be an improvement to previous payments .....
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby zipzap » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

beenreal wrote:
zipzap wrote:
Aerie wrote:So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Will they reduce normal ticket price from $14?

Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:

How else do you think all your Port Adelaide recruits are going to be paid, dog Sh!t?

There's a difference between training in it and being treated like it.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Doddy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm

I still can't work out why quality Port players would choose to go to Sturt. It's not as if they are anywhere near a finals window given they only won games this year when their AFL players stood up, and they won't be there next year. And there must be uncertainty in Sturt meeting whatever payments have been offered. Most other clubs would have showed interest, surely.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby SimonH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Doddy wrote:I still can't work out why quality Port players would choose to go to Sturt. It's not as if they are anywhere near a finals window given they only won games this year when their AFL players stood up, and they won't be there next year. And there must be uncertainty in Sturt meeting whatever payments have been offered. Most other clubs would have showed interest, surely.
I think your answer lies inside the question. Even though other clubs might have shown some interest in the players, their interest might have been on the basis that they were being recruited as reserves/fringe players, whereas Sturt, being near the bottom already plus losing a shitload of AFL-listed players, is able to offer a pretty much guaranteed league starting spot, and a contract to reflect the fact that they're recruited as best-21 players. Less attractive to go to a club not massively likely to have on-field success in the short term? Sure, but the flip side is that if you go to a more successful club you might get paid less, and not get a game.

Plenty of SANFL clubs are (allegedly) financial basket cases, but not too many have a history of reneging on player payment contracts. (With good reason—they'd have a mighty tough time ever recruiting anyone again, if they did.)
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:21 pm

No way in hell is Beard a fringe player in any SANFL club
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Doddy wrote:I still can't work out why quality Port players would choose to go to Sturt..... they only won games this year when their AFL players stood up,

Incorrect.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Doddy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Doddy wrote:I still can't work out why quality Port players would choose to go to Sturt..... they only won games this year when their AFL players stood up,

Incorrect.

Compelling rebuttal, I must admit.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby SimonH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 pm

pafc1870 wrote:No way in hell is Beard a fringe player in any SANFL club
True that. Also for Kirkwood (at least at 8 clubs!). I was actually thinking more of ex-PAFC recruits as a job lot, than those 2 specifically.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Doddy wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Incorrect.

:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby therisingblues » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Doddy wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Incorrect.

Sturt won more games this year with greater contributions from the younger brigade.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby eaglehaslanded » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Back to the topic of the SANFL draw, anymore news on when it will be released. We're hearing the Crows will kick off their season against North at Prospect and their first game against the Power reserves is likely to be played at Clare. Any other rumors floating around.
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby RB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:We're hearing the Crows will kick off their season against North at Prospect and their first game against the Power reserves is likely to be played at Clare.

Jesus Christ.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 pm

RB wrote:
eaglehaslanded wrote:We're hearing the Crows will kick off their season against North at Prospect and their first game against the Power reserves is likely to be played at Clare.

Jesus Christ.

Fund raiser for the little boys family who was killed when the slippery dip tipped over.

His father is the Toyota dealer in Clare and they had been to the club many times due to the Toyota sponsorship
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Fund raiser for the little boys family who was killed when the slippery dip tipped over.

His father is the Toyota dealer in Clare and they had been to the club many times due to the Toyota sponsorship

Can the Crows also make some tv ads for him whilst they are there? Dead set shockers from that dealership on tv up there
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Im sympathetic of the situation but yet another example of the way this comp is going....there would be a heap of better ways the Crows could support this cause.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby PhilH » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 am

Personally cant see the issue with an SANFL game in the country, other clubs should do it if they can offset bar / canteen losses.

Foxtel Cup draw now out so that's another domino down.

SANFL should release a draft draw shortly to clubs for feedback, then it gets signed off /released mid December
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I think the country games are a failure and too costly for clubs. West for example pulled the pin due to the costs involved.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 pm

PhilH wrote:Personally cant see the issue with an SANFL game in the country

It just devalues the league even further. Playing out in the country makes it even more amateurish IMO, like the cars around the ground at Noarlunga, or playing games as curtain raisers to AFL games. This is league football we're talking about.

No doubt the cause they're trying to support is worthwhile, and there could be an exception just this once. To be honest, I didn't mind how they'd have a game in the country every couple of years during the '90s and early '00s. But the AFL clubs have taken a dump on our league because they see it as a funpark league, not as league football, and we're going to keep seeing more of this sort of thing from them.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 am

The SANFL reminds me of my workplace just rehashing ideas and going through various things in a cyclic fashion.
If things work do them again, if they don't then leave them be. Simple.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL