HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Fricky » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:A lot of talk on the saafl div 6 thread of lofty going to that divison , very silly decision if true imo , will lose juniors to ironbank , Bridgy and uris lose gate canteen and bar takings from only having 2 games there , where would the remaining juniors go ???

and would play in a lower standard of footy.

If they are good enough they would fly up the divisions and end up playing in a better standard of footy each season. SAAFL has a rule about existing clubs wanting to join/rejoin the league and they have to start in Div 6. Apparently this is part of what stopped Brighton coming back as they wanted to be in Div 3 or 2.

From an outsider looking in, its a bit of a stupid threat saying they will move to another league if they don't get their way. If they do move, it seems it would damage the club with the loss of players, especially juniors. If they stay, everyone will know their threats are empty and full of hot air. This is all based on the assumption that Mt Lofty have made this threat to the Hills HQ
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby flanker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 pm

News from HFL headquarters, Echunga's application has been rejected on the grounds of junior numbers. They have a right to appeal but as it stands Mt Lofty will remain in Central Div.
flanker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby backdoor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

flanker wrote:News from HFL headquarters, Echunga's application has been rejected on the grounds of junior numbers. They have a right to appeal but as it stands Mt Lofty will remain in Central Div.

100% correct, I've just received an email from Mt Lofty advising the same
backdoor
Mini-League

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Sounds like that under the table deal Mt Lofty had with the HFL has come through. Dodgey as that mob.
Clubs have been promoted on a lot less in the past. One would say 'corruption' in a word. Very unlucky Echunga.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Torrens Valley struggled to fill all their junior sides on first entering Central Div. I'd be appealing the decision if this is true and perhaps seek some legal advice.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Gervais » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Torrens Valley struggled to fill all their junior sides on first entering Central Div. I'd be appealing the decision if this is true and perhaps seek some legal advice.

i'm sure that uraidla had to forfeit a couple of under 13 games in 2013. will the hfl be putting them back to country division as well?
Gervais
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Sounds like a fairly corrupt organisation you guys have got up there, terrible decision
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby supercoach » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:36 pm

We should not be surprised by this turn of events. The really disappointing aspect of this whole schemozzle is tha a member club in lofty through its own arrogance ha s not accepted and abided by the rules it helped establish. The second disappointing thing is that then the board elected by the clubs did not uphold a direction given by the majority of the remaining member clubs. Glen Sickerdick and the board are a disgrace and have done irreparable damage to the integrity of this once great comp. I am one of a group of four that have pumped about 20k a year into hills footy either directly to the league or thru our individual clubs and can assure this will be reviewed if crap like this continues. If u start taking 80 to 100k a year out of something things change dramatically. We need a board with balls and leadership and we also need to tell our member clubs to pull their heads in and abide by the rules. Maybe we should boycott lofty games next year and not drink or buy food at their canteen or pay gate money. Then see what they do. Jeff pistols and rob penny hang your head in shame if u continue to associate with that mob. Despicable Devils rot in hell. :D :D :D
supercoach
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 pm

It seems an incredible state of affairs,I truly wonder if this would have occurred had it been Bridgie or Ironbank, to be real it stinks somewhat
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby rock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 pm

What a joke of a League. I've been told clubs have been ringing around off the hook and there maybe a 'vote of no confidence' taking place against the HFL Board and President. What a bunch of shonksters. Have Echunga phoned the CFB to report this? It's time they stepped in too.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Champ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 pm

This is a very sad state of affairs for the Echunga FC but you're all very smart people on here and I'm sure you can see what's happened.
Echunga can't afford lawyers and the CFL wouldn't be reactive enough this side of Christmas so where'd that leave club preparations.

For the record Echunga' predominately B'Grade side comfortably beat Lofty's predominately A'Grade side in a trial this year, Echunga would be a strong candidate for a top five spot.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Droversdog » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:08 pm

The Crumber wrote:
R. White wrote:post from Mt Lofty's facebook:

Dear All

Update on the HFL promotion & relegation matter;

On Monday night 11th November 2013 at 7.30 pm the Mt lofty Districts Football Club along with all other Central & Country league Clubs, will again be in attendance at the HFL office to hear an amended motion (to our motion put forward last week) before the League moved by the Board of the HFL.

The Hills Football League Board moves that By Law 18.1.5.be deleted. 18.1.5 currently reads; Central Division to consist of no more than 10 clubs.

The amendment will remove the current stipulation that "the Central Division will consist of no more than 10 clubs" and provide flexibility to increase the number of clubs to cater for growth in the Hills Football Community or special circumstances that will strengthen the HFL.

Mt Lofty Football Club have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion. The MLDFC have confidence the League clubs will support the amended motion and we have installed enormous trust in the HFL to be acting in the best interests of MLDFC & the entire Hills Football League.

In the unlikely event the amended motion is not passed our special Sub Committee formed in this matter assure its members & players your clubs future is in very good & capable hands.

Watch this space for further updates.

Hang on a minute. I don't quite get this. When you say "Mt. Lofty have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion", what do you mean? Isn't the HFL the "League" and isn't the "League" the Clubs? So how can you have "full support" when the motion hasn't been voted on by all Club Delegates? And how can the "Board" move that motion when the "Board" is comprised of persons with interests in their own individual club?
I think this whole situation calls for some proper legal advice before everything goes pear-shaped and Hills Footy is ruined forever.

I am only just aware of this current issue having been out of touch. After reading back many pages I think the above comment says it all.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Droversdog » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 pm

PS: Further to the above I must say my grassroots team isn't Mt. Lofty any more as my sons no longer play there. The format on this site seems to have changed and I missed it :? I am now just a supporter of all HFL footy as long as it's well managed, which looks a bit dodgy of late if you ask me.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby One Club Player » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Massive fail HFL :evil:

I don't agree with everyone bagging Mt Lofty for trying to stay up, but seriously the HFL Board has handled this terribly. Why go through the theatrics of last week if you were going to reject them anyway. Will they explain what new information came up in the last week.

It seems there are definitely two sets of rules in the HFL. We all know what will happen next year if they want to come up again and it's IB, TV or Shanty in the gun.
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby rock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:59 pm

So the HFL let Torrens Valley in 3 years ago with minimal juniors to say the least and now they deny Echunga. Corruption, biased, elitism, dodgey, shonky etc etc etc. SACK THE BOARD and THE PRESIDENT. The clubs have the power don't they?
rock
Under 16s

Postby spot on » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=591355270935091&set=gm.1433225113560293&type=1&ref=nf

Is this Craig Smith former Ironbank player ??? If not does anyone know where hes from ??

I can tell you it is not Craig Smith former Ironbank player , no idea where he is from, I am sure someone from the magpies can enlighten us.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby rock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Below is a post from Mt Lofty's facebook page:
Agreed. Gouldy should be congratulated on all the pressure he's put on the HFL Board to bring about this decision but we are not out of the woods yet.

Sounds like Gouldy has been relentless with the HFL Board. Given that most the Board members have links to all the clubs that signed Mt Lofty's letter for a SGM this stinks of corruption.
rock
Under 16s

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:46 pm

rock wrote:Below is a post from Mt Lofty's facebook page:
Agreed. Gouldy should be congratulated on all the pressure he's put on the HFL Board to bring about this decision but we are not out of the woods yet.

Sounds like Gouldy has been relentless with the HFL Board. Given that most the Board members have links to all the clubs that signed Mt Lofty's letter for a SGM this stinks of corruption.

Just read this on Lofty's facebook "Mt Lofty Devils".
This is disgusting and I hope Echunga appeal this decision. The HFL is as corrupt as the Mafia.
Trevor Gould hasn't let up from day 1. And I know he's been into HFL office and on the phone to them and other clubs on pretty much a daily basis. Wouldn't surprise me if Mt Lofty paid the Board members like they used to their players to get their way.
The clubs should overturn this corrupt mob.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:20 am

I've been defending the HFL all the way through this but I don't agree with this latest development. Unless there is something we're not being told about, Echunga surely have to be given the chance, they wouldn't nominate to come up if they didn't have the numbers in the juniors. December's AGM will be interesting.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Armytank » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 am

I can't say I am surprised by this.

It bloody well stinks and shows that all clubs are not equal in the eyes of the board.

Bloody hell, what a weak bunch of pricks
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy