Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:25 pm

You may have missed the part about not getting value for money. But where do I sign :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Nocyrils » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:38 pm

WingerFC wrote:Haha Nocyrils... nothing like a bit of self endorsement... its ok mate, Everyone know$ you take your footy $erio$. Good luck playing in leagues below you.

Winger im interested to hear the level of footy you have played?. Watching div 1 this year I would say div 1 is at its all time low in standards. Just seemed like a bunch of juice up wankers trying to run around :lol:
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Is Liam Whitwell coaching the Mallala SCs next year?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby stork » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 pm

westy wrote:I can tell you now that Taylor hasnt taken $$$$. Kadina don't pay big money. If it was about money Taylor should have taken Hamleys offer. I guess the question is. What is big money? SANFL players are around 600 a game and then get taxed. I would say a grand a game is big money in country footy.

What would a gun div 1 player get?

Just to clarify, I said nothing about big money. I also didn't say anything about Taylor taking money.
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby stork » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

OnSong wrote:Is Liam Whitwell coaching the Mallala SCs next year?

I believe so
stork
Rookie

Postby footys the winner » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:38 pm

westy wrote:I can tell you now that Taylor hasnt taken $$$$. Kadina don't pay big money. If it was about money Taylor should have taken Hamleys offer. I guess the question is. What is big money? SANFL players are around 600 a game and then get taxed. I would say a grand a game is big money in country footy.

What would a gun div 1 player get?

Well Shane Jordan went to moonta for no less then 1000$. He is a gun div 1 player.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby footys the winner » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Oh shit, read that wrong westy.
You mean how much in div 1?
I would say around 600$ would be the average for a gun (ex league ect) with the odd gun getting up around 800. That's just a guess.
Shane tuck signed at goodwood saint interested to know how Much he is getting.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby WingerFC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Nocyrils wrote:
WingerFC wrote:Haha Nocyrils... nothing like a bit of self endorsement... its ok mate, Everyone know$ you take your footy $erio$. Good luck playing in leagues below you.

Winger im interested to hear the level of footy you have played?. Watching div 1 this year I would say div 1 is at its all time low in standards. Just seemed like a bunch of juice up wankers trying to run around :lol:

I doubt a comparison of our footy credentials have anything to do with it. just noticing ur jumping from a sinking ship.. agree on the div 1 standard and most of your mates are the "juice heads" so that's not very nice :D
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times

Postby Nocyrils » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 pm

WingerFC wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:

I doubt a comparison of our footy credentials have anything to do with it. just noticing ur jumping from a sinking ship.. agree on the div 1 standard and most of your mates are the "juice heads" so that's not very nice :D

Dont have any mates ;)
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby westy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:36 pm

footys the winner wrote:Oh shit, read that wrong westy.
I would say around 600$ would be the average for a gun (ex league ect) with the odd gun getting up around 800. That's just a guess.

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.
Would div 1 player train 3 times a week?
westy
Under 18s

Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby footys the winner » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

westy wrote:

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.

Probably train twice then a Sunday or Monday recovery (not every week).
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 pm

footys the winner wrote:
westy wrote:

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.

That probably explains why the standard in Div 1 has dropped away so much recently. Why would any gun player, not interested in training with a league club, want to train 3-4 times per week to play amateur footy, when they can train once a week, play at country clubs which usually have a much better culture, where the standard is as good if not better in some leagues, and most likley earn more for thier services.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby WingerFC » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
westy wrote:

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.

That probably explains why the standard in Div 1 has dropped away so much recently. Why would any gun player, not interested in training with a league club, want to train 3-4 times per week to play amateur footy, when they can train once a week, play at country clubs which usually have a much better culture, where the standard is as good if not better in some leagues, and most likley earn more for thier services.

SD did your brain just fart? You tell me which country league would boast as good a standard team as Div 1 Amateurs? I know its the age old argument about what standard country is equivalent to and the argument will go on for ever. I reckon you would struggle to find a side in a country comp that would be very competitive in Div 1. Agree there are players in teams that are well and truly good enough but the depth of most country sides doesn't go beyond their top 10 being good enough. that's not enough to be competitive. Agree on the culture and the money but not the standard. You will find from year to year the standard of Div 1 goes up and down depending on the number of discarded sanfl players who choose to play in SAAFL. Some years it can be really strong but the lure of the $$ has become more prevalent. And 3 to 4 times a week..? Train twice and recovery(injury prevention) one other night.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 am

Bruggemann been invited to train with the crows reserves? Really good for the lad if true, and not surprising after the way he played this year.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 am

WingerFC wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
westy wrote:[quote="footys the winner"]Oh shit, read that wrong westy.

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.

SD did your brain just fart? You tell me which country league would boast as good a standard team as Div 1 Amateurs? I know its the age old argument about what standard country is equivalent to and the argument will go on for ever. I reckon you would struggle to find a side in a country comp that would be very competitive in Div 1. Agree there are players in teams that are well and truly good enough but the depth of most country sides doesn't go beyond their top 10 being good enough. that's not enough to be competitive. Agree on the culture and the money but not the standard. You will find from year to year the standard of Div 1 goes up and down depending on the number of discarded sanfl players who choose to play in SAAFL. Some years it can be really strong but the lure of the $$ has become more prevalent. And 3 to 4 times a week..? Train twice and recovery(injury prevention) one other night.[/quote]

Agree with this, the bottom 5 players of country team would be a lot less talented than the bottom 5 players of a top divvy 1 team, and that's where the difference is.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am

I would say the Barossa FC A grade team, for one, would be highly competitive in Div 1 amateurs - is that what you are asking? I'm not suggesting every country team would be, but what I am saying is that Div 1 amateurs is not the "our shit don't stink" standard the city folk seem to think it is.
For you to say that no country teams would be competitve in the A1 is an absolute joke. There are numerous country footy sides that bat past their top 10 players. You don't need 18 stars in your team to be competitive.

As for the 3 sessions a week your questioning...... you said it yourself twice train and one recovery!!! Over the course of the season its three times as many sessions that most country players train.

Remember what my intial post was all about - the fact that more and more gun players don't want to play amateurs!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby footys the winner » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

What teams only train once a week? Sign me up.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

footys the winner wrote:What teams only train once a week? Sign me up.

If you were living in Adelaide and playing in most country areas around the State, most clubs would quite reasonably expect you to train once per week. Is my theory really that hard for you blokes to grasp? :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby westy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Most blokes would train once a week and also do some individual training as in a run or weights.
westy
Under 18s

Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby GIDDY UP! » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 am

I see Virginia have kicked off their preseason already having train last night in the heat and with good numbers. Good move or bad move? I say that in away of will they run out of buff come second half of the year or the move of start a preseason this early might finally get them over the line and take home the chocolates?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy